Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charlo: If Hurd Stays in Front of Me and Takes Shots - He's Done!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As someone else mentioned, Hurd can actually box when he wants to. I think against the guys who he thought could outbox him, he opted to use the pressure style. Really, he has employed two completely different styles. I'm not sure if he we'll ever see the boxer version again but I think the pressure style is a bad matchup against Charlo's aggressive counter punching. Hurd's defense isn't the best and he will provide alot of opportunities for Charlo to counter him. It bothered Jermell that he couldn't get Trout out of there while Hurd did. Effective pressure fighters can fold good boxers, where as a sniper/counter puncher like Charlo will struggle because he won't have as many opportunities to land his shots.

Hurd can take a punch. Lara can crack and caught Hurd flush multiple times but Hurd walked right through it. I love Hurd and hope he can walk through and humble Charlo's arrogance but I would probably predict Charlo to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
      I'm not buying that granite chin point. He walked down Harrison, Trout, and Lara. None of those guys are punchers.

I predicted all three of those wins for that reason. We'll have to see a different version of Hurd against Charlo. It'll be a good one for sure.
      All three of them have very solid power. With trout having the least. But charlo doesnt have awesome,power either. Very comparable. I say hurd does the same Margarito style and wins. I like watching charlos just as much as the next guy, however i believe theres been some illusions used in their we now have "huge" power hype. But only time will tell

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
        He's Ko'd his highest competition to date except for Trout.
        Yeah except trout. Trouts been down a few times against low competition himself. So who else are tou saying charlo ko'd that is a proven guy?

Comment

People act like Hurd is just gonna take shots and not dish out his own punishment. This guy is a buzzsaw who won't stop engaging and wearing you out. Also, Mell isn't some great boxer with vicious power, he's looked pretty bad in certain fights like the Trout match just last night. I'm picking Hurd to snatch that title.

Comment

50-50 fight, Hurd wouldn’t be able to walk Charlo down as they are almost the same size. But his long hands would still trouble Charlo. I can see Charlo stopping Hurd if he does the face first defence thing.

Comment

Most people DKSAB

Hurd has head movement when he wants and can apply pressure when he wants.. Sometimes he can apply head movement with pressure at the same time instead of walking in with his ear muffs...

Problem is this... Jermell thinks that as soon as he lands clean on Hurd, Hurd will fold/cave... Well, what happens when he doesn't?

Charlo threw a little over 400 punches against Trout... Probably because almost all his punches are power thus the reason he's not a very active fighter and fights in spurts... Also, Charlo needs distance between him and his opponent to get his punches off... Not only can you not fight in spurts against Hurd, but you also have to know how to fight on the inside.

Jermell doesn't come across like he will be able to match the pace of Hurd and I know for damn sure he can't fight on the inside...

Not sure if Hurd will stop Mell, but he's definitely going to beat the breaks off him... Mell will land up to the 2nd/3rd round... Then after the point, Hurd will break him down... I see a corner stoppage or ref stoppage around the 10th/11th

Comment

Look forward to this one! Hurd work rate will cause problems but at the same time Hurd can be hit he is not as slick as Trout. 55/45 I lean Charlo for sure, more credit goes to Trout instead of trying to label Jermell "Overrated" because he didn't stop a Tough and Awkward Trout who gives everybody tough fights! Jermell was in control of that fight was never in any serious danger of losing that one

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                  Most people DKSAB

Hurd has head movement when he wants and can apply pressure when he wants.. Sometimes he can apply head movement with pressure at the same time instead of walking in with his ear muffs...

Problem is this... Jermell thinks that as soon as he lands clean on Hurd, Hurd will fold/cave... Well, what happens when he doesn't?

Charlo threw a little over 400 punches against Trout... Probably because almost all his punches are power thus the reason he's not a very active fighter and fights in spurts... Also, Charlo needs distance between him and his opponent to get his punches off... Not only can you not fight in spurts against Hurd, but you also have to know how to fight on the inside.

Jermell doesn't come across like he will be able to match the pace of Hurd and I know for damn sure he can't fight on the inside...

Not sure if Hurd will stop Mell, but he's definitely going to beat the breaks off him... Mell will land up to the 2nd/3rd round... Then after the point, Hurd will break him down... I see a corner stoppage or ref stoppage around the 10th/11th
                  The other thing I noticed is when Charlo gets hit, he tries to get even and misses wildly like last night and that isnt going to work against Hurd. Charlo has to fight the perfect fight and dont go getting courageous. I also noticed Charlo fights in spurts and that wont work against Hurd unless he can stay out of range at all times. But pressure breaks pipes and Charlo will have to answer to the punishment coming his way and we will learn what his heart is made of. If an inside fight takes place at all, Hurd will cave Charlo in cause inside is Hurd's wheelhouse, not Charlo's. And anyone who thinks Hurd is face first doesnt know sht about boxing. He often uses a high guard peekaboo style that is not easy to penetrate and then when he rips the body, the opponent's hands drop and his pressure wilts the other guy.
                  Last edited by richardt; 06-10-2018, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
                    It’s not just power it’s their styles. Charlo is more skilled Hurd is just a flat footed plodder. He is perfect for Charlo.
                    well said....we live to see !!!

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
                      As someone else mentioned, Hurd can actually box when he wants to. I think against the guys who he thought could outbox him, he opted to use the pressure style. Really, he has employed two completely different styles. I'm not sure if he we'll ever see the boxer version again but I think the pressure style is a bad matchup against Charlo's aggressive counter punching. Hurd's defense isn't the best and he will provide alot of opportunities for Charlo to counter him. It bothered Jermell that he couldn't get Trout out of there while Hurd did. Effective pressure fighters can fold good boxers, where as a sniper/counter puncher like Charlo will struggle because he won't have as many opportunities to land his shots.

Hurd can take a punch. Lara can crack and caught Hurd flush multiple times but Hurd walked right through it. I love Hurd and hope he can walk through and humble Charlo's arrogance but I would probably predict Charlo to win.
                      Excellent point!!

Comment

Working...
                      X