No announcement yet.

I think we can all agree, Mayweather would beat Crawford anyday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AneesMoha View Post
    And Marciano was a great fighter in a poor Heavyweight division. Arguably Marciano gets beaten in his prime if he was fighting in the period that had Ali/Forman/Fraiser/Norton all going for the title.

Yes Floyd has a couple of cherry picks but still history will not care unless the historian is a boxing fan with a bit of bias.
    But unless you have a time machine why even go there!

Comment

Floyd is old and retired lets not talk about him anymore. He was a great fighter the best I've seen live he rates higher than RJJ because he adapted when his athleticism declined RJJ didn't. But he's not a fighter anymore he takes pictures on planes and Yachts etc. he's a social media star like Kim Kardashian now forget him on boxing forums.

Comment

lol.

come back when he's beat someone better than Postol and maybe we can start talking about him even beating B+ level fighters in fantasy matches, never mind ATG's.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
          Get real Floyd is getting old. He's 8 months away from being 42. Floyd fans don't get butt hurt!

Besides Victor Ortiz (don't consider it a legit KO) which I consider to be punk ass, Floyd hasn't had a TKO or KO since Hatton in 2007. His previous TKO was Sharmba Mitchell in 2005.

Yeah I know he TKO'd Conor McGregor in 2017! That wasn't a real opponent.

I for one don't count Floyd's 50-0 record.

It should have an asterisk next to it!

Rocky Marciano fought legit fighters!

Next up is Ricardo “El Finito” López. He was 51 wins, 38 KO's, 0 Losses. His only drawback was 1 Draw. So put an asterisk on him as well!

History will not judge Floyd kindly! He has to fight once more maybe even twice if he wants to be TBE!

Floyd has had one true TKO in the last 11 years.

Be careful what you wish for Floyd fans.
          Obviously you don't know much about boxing. Plenty of all time greats fought fights against debutantes. For example Jack Dempsey fought TWELVE guys making their pro debuts and it still counted towards his record. So don't change the rules just because it happened to be Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by nubianpiye View Post
            Floyd is old and retired lets not talk about him anymore. He was a great fighter the best I've seen live he rates higher than RJJ because he adapted when his athleticism declined RJJ didn't. But he's not a fighter anymore he takes pictures on planes and Yachts etc. he's a social media star like Kim Kardashian now forget him on boxing forums.
            Agreed.

As great as Floyd was it is annoying when people compare him to the current batch of fighters.

Floyd is an ATG. There were rarely be more than 1 or 2 guys - every DECADE - that compete with Floyd. Don't need a thread after every fight to gauge fan opinion for how they would stack up against Floyd.

In this case though I think TC will wind up an ATG. I don't know who I'd pick to win yet although Floyd is obviously the favorite. However, TC has potential to be better. A ways to go, but it's possible

Comment

Originally posted by AneesMoha View Post

And Marciano was a great fighter in a poor Heavyweight division. Arguably Marciano gets beaten in his prime if he was fighting in the period that had Ali/Forman/Fraiser/Norton all going for the title.
              lol

The Rock destroys all those clowns.....

Comment

Originally posted by Archie_Leach View Post
                lol

The Rock destroys all those clowns.....
                Lol the Rock....what about Hulk Hogan...you know he would lay down for nobody

Comment

Man. Some people on this board truly don’t know boxing. Floyd would absolutely put on a clinic against Crawford in his prime. Even now (if Floyd really trained), if I had to make a bet, I’d put my money on Floyd.

Good God. Who posts these ridiculous troll like responses.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
                    Obviously you don't know much about boxing. So don't change the rules just because it happened to be Floyd.
                    Your right I just burly got here!

Take you head out of Floyd's Arse and show me on the time machine.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                      lol.

come back when he's beat someone better than Postol and maybe we can start talking about him even beating B+ level fighters in fantasy matches, never mind ATG's.
                      Right, but let's also consider that Floyd didn't beat many ATG prime fighters either.

DLH, Mosley, Pacquiao, Cotto, Hernandez, Judah, and Gatti were all on the backend of their careers.

Hatton (moving up in weight with a bloated record), JLC (arguably beat Floyd in 1st fight), Canelo (greener than grass at opening day at a small catchweight), and Diego (moved down in weight) were all great fights against capable opposition. Yet there was always an *asterisk in those matches.

Again, not knocking Floyd. Any fighter can have their resume dissected. But to say TC has "no good opponents"...

Gamboa, Burns (in UK), Postol (coming off a career victory), Indongo, Dulorme, and Felix Diaz are all pretty decent wins. Not to mention there is zero controversy among ANY of those wins. You could argue Gamboa was above his best fighting weight, but he was still in his physical prime - no doubt.

No close fights like JLC1 or Maidana1 or DLH. Yes, DLH was clear, but it was close. 7-5 for Floyd wasn't unreasonable.

TC has really never had a close fight. Ever.

If much of Floyd's ATG ranking depends on hypotheticals - since he never had a true ATG opponent - than we have to consider TC's dominance so far.

At WW we'll see TC fight another array of good opponents with Spence being the only potential elite guy...and I say potential because he's hardly fought anyone remotely stiff enough to challenge him.

Neither Porter or Danny Garcia are HOF fighters...or are fringe HOF at best. So beating them doesn't do a whole lot for TC's resume...at least not in terms of comparison with an ATG like Floyd or Manny.

TC will need Errol to succeed and continue succeeding. If he wins that decisively as well as all matches in between against good WW competition...he'll have to climb to 154 once that division gets sorted out with Jermell Charlo, Hurd, and Munguia.

If he does that and remains unblemished, and near-perfect, it will be very hard to dismiss his career even without ever having faced a true elite opponent. Again, I don't think Spence is or will ever be elite. He's a good, strong fighter, but he seems fairly straightforward..."up and down" as Floyd would say. And I think Charlo, Hurd, and Munguia are also "up and down".

As much as Floyd had trouble finding elite opposition (he rejected Manny when it could've happened - not blaming Floyd because it was more Manny's fault), but TC has never ducked anyone and will have a career full of good opposition with a couple of potential greats. No elite guys though and that he can't control

Comment

Working...
                      X