Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frightening Characteristic That Separates Crawford From Everyone

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fixpont View Post
    Spence, Thurman are the real deal in 147, without beating them, Crawford cant be p4p top3, after beating Spence, we can talk about it.
    Right, because nothing he did at 135 or 140 matters. If he doesn’t conquer a third division, he ****** all along.

Comment

Well, what do you know, Top Rank's own Andreas Hale hyping up TR. Funny how this same Andrea ridiculed DSG for being a "cherry picker." Though, DSG cleaned out 140 when it was stacked. Two wins over Morales, Khan, Matthysse, Peterson, everyone. But he isn't with TR so he is a cherry picker. Bud on the other hand, refused to move up to 140 until everyone good moved up. Now Bud is facing another paper champion.

Yea, sorry, if your best wins are over Indongo and Postol, you either are a journeyman or the biggest cherry picker out there (next to g anyway).

Bud is good, but he only fights journeymen. Andrea is a paid Top Rank stooge. Every article is hating on a Haymon fighter or saying how amazing and great some TR fighter is. If Andrea and everyone held Bud to the same standard as DSG and others, then we would see some good fights. Instead we see him ko Indongo. And he is the best. Then we see Prograis ko Indongo even quicker and nothing.

Time for fans and Andrea to start demanding Bud actually fight someone. This is today's boxing though, duck everyone, pick up paper titles while avoiding any challenge. It got Broner on the p4p list, it got g there, and now it has gotten Bud there. How anyone can be on a p4p list when his toughest fight was either Indongo or Postol is beyond me. Wait, no it isn't, it is because idiots like Andrea, say "wow, look he KO'd another bum!" and then turn around and say "oh, that is a cherry picker" if it isn't a TR fighter.

Comment

Thurman has become the forgotten man, but he was the unified welterweight champ, he's undefeated, and he's still in his athletic prime. I agree with what Hale says regarding Thurman, i.e. he does the math and if he decides he's ahead enough, he's content to coast to victory. But on the flip side of things, if he needs to fight to the bitter end, he will. Look at his match with Shawn Porter. There was very little letup. Shawn may have been the one pushing the action due to his style, but Thurman needed the rounds and fought hard.

I expect Crawford to take care of business against Horn tonight. In fact, once he adjusts to Horn's strength and his awkwardness, I expect him to administer a steady beating over the coarse of the fight. I don't know anything about Spence's mandatory next week, but I imagine he will take care of business as well. I expect Thurman to come back and round into shape, taking a warmup fight and then something more challenging.

What that leaves you with are three undefeated American champions at welterweight, all in the primes, all owners of big victories and accomplishments. And while Danny Garcia and Shawn Porter both have losses on their records, you can throw the winner of their scrap in August into the mix since they're fighting for the last belt and are the next best fighters in the division.

And come 2019, it's going to be four guys--all American--all angling for supremacy at weltweight. Last one standing could very well be the next superstar in American boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
          Right, because nothing he did at 135 or 140 matters. If he doesn’t conquer a third division, he ****** all along.
          Remind me again, who all Bud has "conquered". AB conquered FOUR DIVISIONS!!! You know how he did it? The same way as Bud. Picking up paper titles. Everyone Broner has lost to is better than anyone Bud has ever even thought about fighting. Literally.

It doesn't mean Bud sucks or that the titles he won as a weight bully matters. It just means, if Bud is as good as his fans and Andrea Hale want everyone to believe he is, then he really needs to stop chasing paper titles and fighting journeymen and gatekeepers.

Bud is good, but why can't he fight anyone with a chance??? This is looking a lot like g's career. Fight bums until you are 35, then fight one or two good opponents, and ride off into the sunset. He is already 31, so just a few more years of journeymen!

I prefer fighters like Broner. Guys who take chances. Who take tough fights. AB has half the talent as Bud, but 10 times more balls. Bud is a disgrace to boxing. He isn't ppv. The reason why he isn't, is because no one is going to pay to watch a fight involving Indongo, Postol, or Horn. They tried it with Postol and TR lost loads on that.

The reason Bud is fighting on a $5 ppv is because of his incredibly weak resume. When he starts fighting the best, then we will see how good he really is. We know he can beat Indongo, Postol, and Horn. But can he beat DSG? Porter? Let alone Thurman or Spence. We don't know, because Bud has been castrated. That is why he has no charisma or personality. He is a eunuch.

Comment

Crawford/Spence is the best fight that can be made in boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
              Well, what do you know, Top Rank's own Andreas Hale hyping up TR. Funny how this same Andrea ridiculed DSG for being a "cherry picker." Though, DSG cleaned out 140 when it was stacked. Two wins over Morales, Khan, Matthysse, Peterson, everyone. But he isn't with TR so he is a cherry picker. Bud on the other hand, refused to move up to 140 until everyone good moved up. Now Bud is facing another paper champion.

Yea, sorry, if your best wins are over Indongo and Postol, you either are a journeyman or the biggest cherry picker out there (next to g anyway).

Bud is good, but he only fights journeymen. Andrea is a paid Top Rank stooge. Every article is hating on a Haymon fighter or saying how amazing and great some TR fighter is. If Andrea and everyone held Bud to the same standard as DSG and others, then we would see some good fights. Instead we see him ko Indongo. And he is the best. Then we see Prograis ko Indongo even quicker and nothing.

Time for fans and Andrea to start demanding Bud actually fight someone. This is today's boxing though, duck everyone, pick up paper titles while avoiding any challenge. It got Broner on the p4p list, it got g there, and now it has gotten Bud there. How anyone can be on a p4p list when his toughest fight was either Indongo or Postol is beyond me. Wait, no it isn't, it is because idiots like Andrea, say "wow, look he KO'd another bum!" and then turn around and say "oh, that is a cherry picker" if it isn't a TR fighter.
              This is one of the worst and least informed comments I've ever seen. Crawford beat the guys that beat Khan and Matthyse and became undisputed champion "but he only fights journeymen doe" Garcia needed a gift decision to get past Mauricio Herrera. They are not on the same level.

Comment

It seems like Crawford is probably the most popular fighter on these forums? All I ever see are Crawford threads..

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                  Matters somewhat, but very very very far from p4p top3 position. Beat Spence and Thurman, and we can talk. Similar to Loma, beat Garcia and we can talk.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
                    Too bad hes got the charisma of a cardboard box or else he could really make some money in his boxing carreer.
                    He'll be taking home well over a million dollars for his 1 hr of work tonight.

As long as he continues to destroy the opposition, his fame will grow.

Comment

Yeah but his fights don't go to decisions! Makes them look more laughable when they get KOd!

Comment

Working...
                      X