Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Offensively dazzling fighters like Lomachenko always run into problems...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offensively dazzling fighters like Lomachenko always run into problems...

When they face guys that are willing to 'punch with' them. As in a fighter that is willing to let his shots go simultaneously as Lomachenko throws.

Remember what happened to Roy Jones Jr. when Tarver stepped in with a power that he threw at the same time as Roy threw.

Comment

Lomachenko does the whole offensive display on purpose. The reason is because if he wants to be a star you have to be entertaining. You can’t be boring like rigo and expect to have a fan base.

Lomachenko has excellent defense but he understands you have to sacrifice defense to entertain the crowd therefore making you more popular. My only worry about Loma is his chin, his face was busted up after the Linares fight, can he really take a big punch from someone like Garcia or Davis?

Exciting times in boxing with all these great fights lined up!

Comment

Originally posted by jack_the_rippuh View Post
        When they face guys that are willing to 'punch with' them. As in a fighter that is willing to let his shots go simultaneously as Lomachenko throws.
        ... which makes 'dazzling' offense different from 'normal' offense how exactly? Any type of offense makes a fighter vulnerable... I guess the job of any fighter is to find ways of minimising that risk whilst maximising the leather they land on their opponent. I think 'Chenko manages that fairly well on the whole. His most obvious vulnerability is one that you see in all fighters that use a lot of movement, which is getting caught off balance whilst moving... also I suspect that as he starts moving into his mid 30s he's gonna have to modify his style some as his speed and possibly stamina decrease.

Comment

I think that is why creating angles is so important. If Loma is in position to land a punch but his opponent is not really facing the right angle to get leverage, then throwing with Loma at the same time is futile.

Comment

Idiots so sensitive about anybody speaking Lomachenko's name that they think 'dazzling' is an insult to him or those who think I am suggesting that he change his style will not be entertained in this thread.

Those willing to respond to the argument at hand and offer counter arguments will be granted the right to engage in discussion with the E.O.A.

Comment

In the E.O.A's mercy, however, he will allow for those who have taken the pathway of error to change their path, and in so doing, they will have the gift of discussion extended to them as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jack_the_rippuh View Post
                Remember what happened to Roy Jones Jr. when Tarver stepped in with a power that he threw at the same time as Roy threw.
                yes hes a bum like roy. he needs to fight like floyd and only potshot and be boring against faded fighters. that is true greatness

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  yes hes a bum like roy. he needs to fight like floyd and only potshot and be boring against faded fighters. that is true greatness
                  Once again, refer to my position on whether or not I think he should change his style in the previous post.

Comment

i think loma should be fine since marquez retired already. i dont think any of the young guys is willing to fight fire with fire.

Comment

Working...
                    X