Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: IBF Explain Their Decision To Strip Gennady Golovkin of Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAMN!!! Tough day at the office for GGG

Comment

Lil G won the title and that's all that counts. They can have it back.

Comment

Originally posted by Sosay View Post
        It was always about Money over titles. He was also scared to move up to fight Ward. This is why I tell the fans to stop saying fighters are ducking. We all know once the fighters that are "ducked" make money, they avoid low reward high risk fights also. If he fights Charlo next, Im cool. If not, he needs to grow a pair and move up already!!!!!!
        ward needed a tune up first. inform yourself unless you want to look clueless. ward never returned to 168 anyway so it was just publicity but the tune up was the poison pill to make sure the figt didn't happen

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
          They have Deveryanchenko and Jacobs listed as the next 2 contenders. Let's see what happens.

They gave Triple G a chance to fight Derevyanchenko next after he fought Vanes but he tried to avoid that too. The IBF had no choice at this point I guess.
          of course he did. he was negotiating with canelo. if not canelo it would be saunders. the ibf didn't want to wait which is their right but now they might end up with dereychenko as their champ so.....

Comment

Wooooowwwww ggg and his team are straight up stupid af!

Comment

Well can't blame GGG going straight for the big money fights from here on out. I think the Canelo deal probably goes through at this point...

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                of course he did. he was negotiating with canelo. if not canelo it would be saunders. the ibf didn't want to wait which is their right but now they might end up with dereychenko as their champ so.....

If he would have tried to fight Saunders for a full unification, he may have been able to keep the IBF if he filed his intent to unify but Saunders was at the moment scheduled for Murray though. Saunders pulled out afterwards just recently, nobody knew that was going to happen until just a few days ago. Knowing how strict the IBF is he should have just agreed to fight Sergey and get it out of the way.

But it is what it is now. So what he should do now is try to save the Canelo fight for September.

60-40 or 55-45 is fair imo. But now I think GBP may only consider 60/40 which is a great deal. Kitchen Utensils even said himself that they would do 60/40.

If I was Triple G that's what I would do, try to get the Canelo fight made now. It's bad enough he got stripped of the IBF belt, if he loses the big fight too it will be twice as bad for Triple G.
                Last edited by True That; 06-06-2018, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Hard to believe they strip him cause a guy with 12 fights deserves a shot. His best win is against Tureano Johnson who hasn’t beat anybody and Sam Soliman who was 42 years old at the time. GGG should’ve just made quick work of this guy to. He basically lost his title trying to negotiate a fight with Canelo. Now he’ll never unify he should just fight Charlo and show he’s either the baddest mofo in the division or he’s not.

Comment

Originally posted by Rigpig View Post
                    Hard to believe they strip him cause a guy with 12 fights deserves a shot. His best win is against Tureano Johnson who hasn’t beat anybody and Sam Soliman who was 42 years old at the time. GGG should’ve just made quick work of this guy to. He basically lost his title trying to negotiate a fight with Canelo. Now he’ll never unify he should just fight Charlo and show he’s either the baddest mofo in the division or he’s not.
                    Another paper Champion is born.....but If I'm GGG at this point I'm like F these belts I'm going after the biggest money from here on out from 160-168..starting with Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
                      If he would have tried to fight Saunders for a full unification, he may have been able to keep the IBF if he filed his intent to unify but Saunders was at the moment scheduled for Murray though. Saunders pulled out afterwards just recently, nobody knew that was going to happen until just a few days ago. Knowing how strict the IBF is he should have just agreed to fight Sergey and get it out of the way.

But it is what it is now. So what he should do now is try to save the Canelo fight for September.

60-40 or 55-45 is fair imo. But now I think GBP may only consider 60/40 which is a great deal. Kitchen Utensils even said himself that they would do 60/40.

If I was Triple G that's what I would do, try to get the Canelo fight made now. It's bad enough he got stripped of the IBF belt, if he loses the big fight too it will be twice as bad for Triple G.
                      Pretty much agree on all this - he has brought this on himself by not accepting the terms for the Canelo fight as laid down or the 60-40 allegedly offered.

Comment

Working...
                      X