Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

>>> Alvarez' resume is better than Lomachenko's...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• >>> Alvarez' resume is better than Lomachenko's...

Alvarez has the Ws over;

Cotto
    Lara
    Trout

My apologies to the Lomafako nuthugging crowd but Alvarez' body or work is just better. Plus, he doesn't have a loss to an Orlando Salido caliber fighter.

Discuss...

Lara was a gift win and Cotto was much smaller and way past his best and that was a close fight. Trout could have gone either way.

He also has a draw with Jorge Juarez who was inexperienced at 3-5 and finished at 8-27 and never won a world title.

Comment

You mean the guy that is moving to 168 and can no longer make 160 without clen?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        Lara was a gift win and Cotto was much smaller and way past his best and that was a close fight. Trout could have gone either way.

He also has a draw with Jorge Juarez who was inexperienced at 3-5 and finished at 8-27 and never won a world title.
        Canelo clearly beat Trout and mentioning Jorge Juarez..lmao shouldn’t ever be used in any argument lol. And the Cotto win deserves some credit. Canelos body of work is better but Lomas but Loma is doing very well in the resume department also.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post

Canelo easily smoked Trout. "could have gone either way" only if you let the tweaker Paulie influence you with his commentary. and the Cotto win was wide and dominant as well. Lara only goal was to hear the final bell. he lost and has never been on a stage that bright ever since cuz he turned people off.

Comment

Canelo has the best resume in boxing! Way better than GGGs

Comment

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
              Alvarez has the Ws over;

Cotto
              Lara
              Trout

My apologies to the Lomafako nuthugging crowd but Alvarez' body or work is just better. Plus, he doesn't have a loss to an Orlando Salido caliber fighter.
              Rigondeaux > Cotto. Rig was undefeated & ended up quitting. Both past their prime & outsized though.

Linares > Trout. Was a 2nd step up in weight as well. Also stopped him.

Guess it's about how you rank Lara vs Russell Jr & Walters. Loma has definitely looked much more dominant against his best opponents though.

Think it's funny that this conversation is even close considering one fighter has 12 fights while the other has had 52!

Comment

Im not gonna speak about the scorecards but come on his wins are really close fights.
                Nothing like " oh **** Canelo is boxing his ears off"

Not the same case with Loma though

Comment

Originally posted by xhiddenx87 View Post
                  Im not gonna speak about the scorecards but come on his wins are really close fights.
                  Nothing like " oh **** Canelo is boxing his ears off"

Not the same case with Loma though
                  I don't understand how anyone can think that the Cotto fight was really close.

The Lara fight could've went either way. I scored it for Lara, but 7-5 either way or a draw would've been fine by me.

I never bothered watching the Trout fight. I should take a look because there seems to be some mixed reviews about it.

Comment

Originally posted by S7V7N View Post
                    Rigondeaux > Cotto. Rig was undefeated & ended up quitting. Both past their prime & outsized though.

Linares > Trout. Was a 2nd step up in weight as well. Also stopped him.

Guess it's about how you rank Lara vs Russell Jr & Walters. Loma has definitely looked much more dominant against his best opponents though.

Think it's funny that this conversation is even close considering one fighter has 12 fights while the other has had 52!
                    You realize Canelo is 3 years younger than Lomachenko? Who cares about the number of fights they've had, Canelo has more time to improve his resume than Lomachenko does.

Comment

Working...
                    X