No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua, Hearn Stand Firm: Wilder Fight Must Be in The UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoz View Post
    I don't see why this is such a big deal for Wilder.

After all, save one belt, he brings nothing to the table. Sure, he may be the real deal and a future HW force, but his resume, as it is, is trash and his last performance was hardly inspiring.

Perhaps he's afraid of being overawed?
    AJ is not getting 50million if the fight is in UK and Wilder would need to be paid way more than what Joseph Parker was.

Comment

50 million? But the cooking is so good at home. No thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
        Joshua just got called Anthony Johnson at an NBA game here. Literally nobody knows him in the US. Meanwhile, the fight would sell out a stadium in the UK. Seems like you go where the money is no? Wilder was willing to go to Russia to fight Sasha. He seems less scared to travel than Joshua does. He knows its win by KO or lose on the cards so unless a UK ref goes full UK ref on him he should be ok.
        Hearn himself said the money is in the USA. Nobodies saying they wouldn't have to promote the hell out of the fight, but its still big business.

"Hearn met with Joshua a few days ago, and the boxer made it clear that he wants to fight Wilder on UK soil.

Joshua's last three fights drew massive crowds, with 90,000 at his April 2017 bout with Wladimir Klitschko in Wembley, 76,000 for the October 2017 bout with Carlos Takam at Principality, and the same number for the March 2018 unification with Joseph Parker at Principality.

However, Hearn admits the contest would make more money if the event was staged in the United States.

Wilder's handler's have offered Joshua a guarantee of $50 million to make the fight on American soil.

“I met with Anthony and his coach Rob McCracken on Tuesday to discuss our next move. AJ feels like he deserves it to the UK fans who have supported him up until now to make sure it happens at home," Hearn told BoxingScene.com's Declan Taylor.

“It gets to the stage where we are asking ‘Why are we looking to do this in the US?’ Because it’s more money – but is that really important?

“At the moment the fight makes more money in America but he feels like he owes it to the UK fans to do it at home.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-jo...ght-uk--128039

Comment

He shoots tell him ok. Have fun in Russia

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
            Hearn himself said the money is in the USA. Nobodies saying they wouldn't have to promote the hell out of the fight, but its still big business.

"Hearn met with Joshua a few days ago, and the boxer made it clear that he wants to fight Wilder on UK soil.

Joshua's last three fights drew massive crowds, with 90,000 at his April 2017 bout with Wladimir Klitschko in Wembley, 76,000 for the October 2017 bout with Carlos Takam at Principality, and the same number for the March 2018 unification with Joseph Parker at Principality.

However, Hearn admits the contest would make more money if the event was staged in the United States.

Wilder's handler's have offered Joshua a guarantee of $50 million to make the fight on American soil.

“I met with Anthony and his coach Rob McCracken on Tuesday to discuss our next move. AJ feels like he deserves it to the UK fans who have supported him up until now to make sure it happens at home," Hearn told BoxingScene.com's Declan Taylor.

“It gets to the stage where we are asking ‘Why are we looking to do this in the US?’ Because it’s more money – but is that really important?

“At the moment the fight makes more money in America but he feels like he owes it to the UK fans to do it at home.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-jo...ght-uk--128039
            That surprises me but if that's the case go where the money is.

Comment

Who wants to pay UK taxes ?

I have an eerie feeling they don't want to fight Wilder .

Comment

What ever happened to the 50 mil and i'll sign tomorrow. I think A.J. was primed by businessman Hearn that they could get away with more easy fights as the British public are so gullible but then things hotted up.The 50 million turned out to be true and there and this is giving Hearn nightmares where he's looking for a way out or to try and get a stay of execution until 2019.

Just make this fight a two legged affair if needs be .....but for me who wins the fight wins the fight.....unless the public are clambering for a rematch......it's a promoters greed fix.

Comment

i stayed out of this mess on who's ducking who but this is just ridiculous. BIG boxing events should be held in the US!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Redgloveman View Post
                    No offence, but I don't think that's particularly relevant.

I don't think AJ has a problem with going to the US per se, but this is a once in a generation super-fight and he wants

(a) to maximise his chances of winning by fighting at home - which I can respect, home advantage is a big deal

(b) to allow as many fans as possible to see the fight
                    - I think he's quite proud of the impact he's had on UK boxing and doesn't want to stay loyal to the UK fans.

I actually think Hearn would prefer the fight to be in America because that means more money for him. Hearn was generally the one saying AJ would be willing to fight in America; AJ has generally said that he'd prefer the (first) Wilder fight to be in the UK
                    You don’t seriously believe that it’s for the fans, do you? Let’s not be naive.

Hearn wants to control the promotion. He can’t do that if it’s in the USA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      So what’s next? are Team Joshua going to offer Team Wilder improved offers for him to come here?
                      that would be the wise thing to do or they can just ride they uk excuse and use it as a reason to move on. Aj fans will support it and call wilder the duck. hearn said it would make more money in the states, wilder offered the bigger money I don't see what the issue is

Comment

Working...
                      X