Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Golovkin is Afraid of Canelo - We're Moving On!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
    If Canelo doesn’t want to be straight with the deal, then Good, he doesn’t need the cheater anyways.
    The deal is straight, lil g wants more cuz he knows his time is up & he is TRYING to cash out.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigTony69 View Post
      What a clown. Your boy cheated to get an edge, but GGG is scared? How about give him what he deserves? After all, he beat your guy the first time, and your judges robbed him. Then you guys cost him a ton of money by backing out of the rematch. I liked delahoya the fighter, but the promoter is a pos.
      Nelo whooped lil g, wft are YOU talking about? lil g CAN'T win fights blocking punches with his face genius.

lil g "deserves" what he can earn & that's NOT much.

Comment

• Some guys know what they are worth, others think they know what they are worth, but some fighters suddenly want to be the Co A side.

Canelo has a nation of fans behind him. Mexicans buy fights. That’s what we do!

Many Japanese fighters earn more money in Japan, than they could in the US.

Is GGG worth more? It depends on who he fights. If he fights guys like Vanes, he’s gonna get what the market will bare. Money has a time value component to it. Sometimes holding out, and leveraging a situation is brilliant, other times, it’s foolish.

GGG can fight the same guys canelo can fight, but he GGG will get paid less. It has a lot to do with the size of his fan base who are willing to buy PPV and gate numbers!

Should GGG fight Canelo now? I don’t know, but I don’t like to let it ride too long. With both sides having dance partner options, Canelo needs GGG less that GGG needs Canelo.

As a fan, I’d just like to see them fight. But, at the end of the day, boxing is a business. GGG, aka, Mr. invincible, to a lot of posters on this site hopefully knows what he’s doing. If Canelo gets caught, and loses to Spike his marketability goes down.

I hope we see the rematch.

Has anyone seen the actual contracts that were signed for the May 5th fight that didn’t happen?

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
          Clenela............

lil g is the one asking for more money genius.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
            Canelo makes people rich? Liam Smith is rich?? I guess this is good news for Spike O'Malley then cause he's gonna be rich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Would they generate more fighting GGG? I don’t know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tutsa View Post
              If Oscar and Canelo are so sure GGG is afraid give him a bigger piece of the pie beat his ass , take the belts then Canelo will be number 1 middle weight in the world . Oh what sounds like the perfect excuse out of the fight and it's funny the list of guys he mentioned it was Spike are the end if the list which is who is going to be in the ring in September .. BJS , DJ and Charlo to big of a risk for team Golden boy !!! I see Spike then BJS in December and if he wins the WBO belt then GGG next May for all the belts ..
              If lil g & his team were so sure then they wouldn't be asking for more money & fight Nelo. lil g & his team KNOW their time is up so they want to milk as much as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                Yup and remember it was GGG that backed out deal last summer after saunders agreed to all his terms only to see GGG lose his pen and not sign. It was also GGG who was given the option to fight saunders this year in June and passed to fight bum vanes. And just a week ago it was dirty Sanchez who said GGG is not fighting saunders next. If saunders wins his next fight he will get offered more money to fight canelo then cheap azzz GGG can offer and I'm sure Warren will much rather work with golden boy then GGG who has been a nightmare to deal with. GGG also owes IBF mandatory they might not even allow a unification. He fighting Dervy or some bum next book it.
                I don't like the fake lil g hype but to be fair he did leave the bjs fight on the table to fight Nelo who is better & with more money than bjs.

Comment

why are you so obsessed with counting another mans money? Whats wrong with you?

Bottom line is Canelo pissed dirty and screwed up the fight that had been agreed to. So that deal was dead. And GGG is correct in making Canelo pay a penalty for screwing up the fight. So if Canelo doesnt want to pay a penalty and STILL make probably $30 or $40 million fighting GGG, then fine, he can pass and go make $12 million fighting Spike O'Malley.

See how that works?
                  If they would of fought then I can see Nelo paying lil g as a penalty for the positive results but they didn't fight so its ALL out the window.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing 956 View Post
                    Spike O'Sullivan said it the night of his fight. He was promised a fight with the winner of GGG canelo. Oscar knew there was not gonna be a fight with GGG. To much power for his little mule canelo.
                    That's fine, let Nelo take a tune up.

Comment

Canelo makes people rich? Liam Smith is rich?? I guess this is good news for Spike O'Malley then cause he's gonna be rich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Smith got a career payday to fight Canelo. Who got paid more Smith or Vanes? GGG couldn't even afford Spike who was his FIRST choice and only moved on down to semi retired 154lber Vanes because he was the only one who would agree to fight for basically free. GGG is cheap and can't pay his opponents. Canelo opponents get a career payday double or triple what they can make fighting anyone else GGG opponents get a free GGG hat. LMAO

Comment

Working...
                      X