If Bruce Lee was a boxer.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Fappo View Post
    you mean he created his own choreagraphy... dumbass
    Jeet Kune Do is a style of martial arts buddy..

Comment

• Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
      In Hong Kong against a British kid.
      In his high school.
      Yeah....

Not sure how reliable that is.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
        i've read quite a bit about bruce lee, actually. i invite you to find me any footage of him fighting. do you think i have looked for it? the poster to which i replied was implyiing that he believed bruce lee to be a natural fighter [for whatever reason,] and that he didn't believe floyd mayweather, the son of a pro boxer, newphew of a two time world champion, a decorated amateur and olympian, and one of the best pro fighters of all time, was. you see what i call floyd mayweather a natural fighter, given all of his accomplishments and his background in fighting, correct?

so yeah, i'm not the one making himself look silly! my bruce lee knowledge is completely adequate in determining whether a poster sounds like complete f#cking idiot when he argues that bruce lee the actor was a "natural fighter" while floyd mayweather, son of a contender, nephew to a 2x world champion, an olympian and later one of hte very best pros of all time, was not.

lookin silly doe
        Great post.

Well done for being logical.

Comment

He totally gassed out against WJM.
          And there are so many versions of that fight .
          One of them being they both were too exhausted to continue at the end .
          The most popular one of course is WJM conceded .

You met one of his pupils ?
          He sparred with him in LA or HK ?
          yup, EXHAUSTED against Wong. Had he not been so tired he may have pulled it off.

Yea, met him in Vegas. I didn't ask where they sparred, but I'm guessing LA since it was during the time when Bruce was in the Green Hornet

Comment

• If you had a choice

Of a prime Bruce Lee vengeful with rage wanting to kill you or a Prime Floyd Mayweather vengeful with rage wanting to kill you, who would prefer to go up against. Neither can use any weapons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gigantes View Post
              true, but he himself said when he got into a fight that he was overly expended after a couple of minutes, and anyone who's been in the ring knows running/bicycle stamina is totally different than going for 3 min in a round
              That's a question of pacing and experience is what is needed. The fight you talked about had rounds or was continuous? If it was continuous it actually help him. Again, his body was ready, he just needed experience to pace himself

Comment

Dude, stop making stuff up.
                I know more about Bruce Lee than you will ever forget .

HE HAD ONE BOXING match. He did beat a British Kid.
                That was when he was 12 or 13 yrs old .

HE NEVER WON A KARATE tournament. WTF are you talking about ??? He never practiced Karate .
                He practiced Wing Chun and Kung Fu.
                Later dumped them for JKD b/c he found out they were close to being worthles
                He didn't really practice karate, even though he learned some things from it, but fought in karate tournaments. There are videos in this thread showing some of these fights. And yes, he won two golden gloves in Hong Kong. He started on wing chun but developed JKD because it was incomplete and too much focused on forms

Comment

• Originally posted by Just looking View Post
                  He didn't really practice karate, even though he learned some things from it, but fought in karate tournaments. There are videos in this thread showing some of these fights. And yes, he won two golden gloves in Hong Kong. He started on wing chun but developed JKD because it was incomplete and too much focused on forms
                  Once again, LEE DID NOT FIGHT IN KARATE TOURNAMENTS.http://www.bruceleedivinewind.com/joelewis.html
                  Joe Lewis even said he was not a fighter.

HE DID NOT WIN TWO GOLDEN GLOVES IN HK.

You have no proof of either of your claims .
                  The videos of Lee in 1967 Long Beach Karate festival shows him demonstrating and sparring with his students .

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Yeah....

Not sure how reliable that is.
                    Pretty reliable.
                    He won his only boxing match.

Comment

• Oh look, round 400 of 130 lbs actor with zero credible wins in any martial art beats every fighter I don't like. He was an actor. People have kept records on horse bloodlines for 5,000 years, combat sport records from the 60s and 70s are very complete. Bruce Lee was about as legendary a fighter as Frank Dux.

Comment

Working...
                      X