Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner Blasts Hearn's Three-Fight, $6.75M Offer as 'Slave Deal'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
    Broner has turned down more than that in the past.

No big surprise here.
    Yeah I forgot how much it was but I know it was a lot he turned down. It was an offer from roc nation right?

Lol Broner is an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
      oh really?

and where did you hear that they "dropped" cotto? to my understanding it was a mutual thing (basically cotto putting his foot down)
      Well mutual because they couldn't pay him. And didn't support his promotional company like they promised. Those Roc Nation deals were fools gold

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
        oh really?

and where did you hear that they "dropped" cotto? to my understanding it was a mutual thing (basically cotto putting his foot down)
        Haha, this cracked me up

Comment

The difference is that Broner makes more money than what is reported. He gets part of the revenue for his fights. When you look at those numbers, it looks good on paper but I'm sure Broner knows damn well that he's makes more on his own. Same thing with Mikey, Hearn sent him and offer not knowing what Mikey really earns. Hearn found out Mikey makes more than what he offered and planned to make another offer. You have to ask yourself, the numbers look good but that comes with Hearn taking a percentage and probably won't let these fighters take a split of the revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
            The difference is that Broner makes more money than what is reported. He gets part of the revenue for his fights. When you look at those numbers, it looks good on paper but I'm sure Broner knows damn well that he's makes more on his own. Same thing with Mikey, Hearn sent him and offer not knowing what Mikey really earns. Hearn found out Mikey makes more than what he offered and planned to make another offer. You have to ask yourself, the numbers look good but that comes with Hearn taking a percentage and probably won't let these fighters take a split of the revenue.
            The last part of your post is what people are overlooking.

But aside from the #’s which we now see aren’t really different from what the fighters are already getting paid...can anyone think of any other reason why the fighters would join DAZN?

Don’t worry, I’ll wait.

Comment

Adrien Broner is a dumb mfer

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                Why do people act like those roc nation deals were legit deals? Nobody who signed with Roc Nation made the money they were supposedly signed for. They dropped Cotto & Rigo never made anywhere near what he was reportedly signed for
                They vastly overpaid Ward and that's a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                  How do you know he makes anything other than the purse he's paid?

Comment

how is this a slave deal?

Comment

He’s AB, About Billions. What the hell is Hearn thinking? He gotta do better than that!

Comment

Working...
                      X