Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    FACT: Golovkin had done NOTHING !!

before 2015, Golovkin had not even fought Murray

Golovkin had done nothing to step in front of Martinez' money-fight with Cotto..... just like you guys are saying that Derevyanchenko has done nothing to step in front of Golovkin's money-fight with Canelo

it is the exact same thing, so stop making silly excuses
    It's amazing that you think defending a title 12 times is nothing. You're complaining that the #1 MW is wanting to fight the #2 over the #6?

I don't blame Martinez for taking the Cotto fight or even the Chavez fight for that matter. Both guys were great paydays for him, but both also refused/ducked Golovkin. It's the Murray fight that shows how Martinez was being handled. They claimed Golovkin hadn't fought anyone, yet who had Murray fought? A draw against Sturm, oh another title holder that refused/ducked Golovkin. GGG was fighting 4 times a year against anyone that would take the fight, while others were milking their standing. You hold it against him that Golovkin had no real names, yet he was taking on the same opposition that these champs were defending against & doing it in much more dominating fashion.

Oh, btw he was also rated the #2 MW while Martinez was #1, but we never got the best vs the best.

Comment

FACT: Golovkin had done NOTHING !!

before 2015, Golovkin had not even fought Murray

Golovkin had done nothing to step in front of Martinez' money-fight with Cotto..... just like you guys are saying that Derevyanchenko has done nothing to step in front of Golovkin's money-fight with Canelo

it is the exact same thing, so stop making silly excuses
      So, Derev needs a break, what’s your point? Why does GGG have be the one to give it to him?

Berto got his break eventually, let Derev hang around long enough, it’s not like he’s been super active for someone on the come up, 2.5 fights a year and 12 fights total is hardly busy for a champ contender.

Comment

Originally posted by S7V7N View Post
        Patently false. They appealed the terms of the exception prior to the Vanes bout on May 5. Loeffler addressed this in the post fight Press Conference. 1:25 The exception was still granted. Have hearing on the terms tomorrow I believe.

aah true, interesting

fair point

still, why not simply fight him instead of Vanes ?

G seems to be going to ridiculous attempts to avoid that fight

Comment

he still gets bashed today..... only a few days ago some muppet was telling me that Martinez and Cotto were cowards
          Yeah you cannot bash Martinez like they were doing into those days, and then turn around and try to defend GGG in this situation.

Martinez was a cripple and old and the evidence was even in the Murray fight, so accusing him of ducking an unknow like GGG at the time was ridiculous then and now.

Comment

Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
            Well let's hope the IBF has some sense and allows GGG to fight Canelo without being stripped of the belt, because I can guarantee 100% anyone else would do the same thing. If you call passing on a fight with some nobody to take on the biggest name in boxing a duck then call it that, whatever, I call it common f***ing sense.
            Are you ok? We're not talking fighting Canelo, we're talking Martirosyan! What was the point or necessity of that fight? Somehow a champion who has been preparing to fight Canelo was not ready to fight a mandatory? And somehow Derevyanchenko (who also was surprised to find out that Canelo's been suspended) was ready to fight GGG even on a short notice.
            And somehow it's not a duck...

Comment

GGG don't want no smoke! " I max, no.. just trash talk" lol.

Comment

Just simply questions for GGG-funbase:
                If Dervy is the "8-round, no name bum WITH mando status" - why lil-g decided to fight Vanes "bum WITHOUT mando status"?
                What's the difference for "allmighty Duck" (excuse me, for allmighty GGGuck) - he can easy beat both of them, right? So why not to choose "bum with mando" (eliminating IBF-trouble)?

By the way, that "mando bum" is 3-times WSB ("world series of bums") champion...

Comment

aah true, interesting

fair point

still, why not simply fight him instead of Vanes ?

G seems to be going to ridiculous attempts to avoid that fight
                  Man there is WAY more than that!

They paid the IBF $20,000 and all legal fees that might come up from this.

Dervy team fought the ruling.

90 days they have to fight him or lose the belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Streit Man View Post
                    Just simply questions for GGG-funbase:
                    If Dervy is the "8-round, no name bum WITH mando status" - why lil-g decided to fight Vanes "bum WITHOUT mando status"?
                    What's the difference for "allmighty Duck" (excuse me, for allmighty GGGuck) - he can easy beat both of them, right? So why not to choose "bum with mando" (eliminating IBF-trouble)?

By the way, that "mando bum" is 3-times WSB ("world series of bums") champion...
                    I guess they have "Levels" of bums??? Maybe he's to high of a bum?? Maybe he like a new bum still kind of clean??? And they wanted a REAL bum who's been that way for years...

Comment

• Originally posted by S7V7N View Post
                      1- Against the higher rated boxer & they have unfinished business, yet some complaining?
                      2- What makes you think Andrade will take it this time around? SDchenko just may end up fighting Langford or Bejaran for the vacant belt. Imagine the pay-day & notoriety that will garner!
                      3- So after GGG drops belt he'll try to get it back & take the smaller cut? He'd have at least 4 other contenders to pick from for higher pay-days, oh btw all higher rated fighters as well!

I'm all for SDchenko & any other top contender fighting, it'll help solidify their standing, just doubt anyone else is giving up their spot in the check cash line either.

Do you even think this hate through? Go back to playingdevilsadvocate.
                      I thought GGG's plan was unifying ALL the belts??? So I guess that's not his dream anymore? Now he businessman? You ggg fans crack me up.

Comment

Working...
                      X