No announcement yet.

Being a fan of a boxer vs. a fan of boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoldenGloveLove View Post
    100% sign. I get the impression that almost no one is here for the sport. They have their egos wrapped up in how they asses certain fighters for better or worse and appreciating the sport has jack to do with it. It's sad.
    I understand why the sports fan mentality exists, I just don't relate to it at all. These people choose someone to back and if that person/team wins, they feel like they won. It's been going on for so long I guess it's almost primal now but I just don't get that vicarious feeling of victory when I had nothing to do with it.

I remember hearing Tony Robbins comment on this subject once when he told an audience, "No, THEY won, you didn't do shyt."

Comment

Frankly, there are way too many nuthuggers these days .

Comment

I'm a boxing fan. I do have my favs, spence, Canelo, Loma, GGG, Wilder, may and pac and Mikey.
        But I always call it like I see it.

Comment

It is natural to boxing's fandom along with being a nationalistic boxing fan.

The types of fans mixing and clashing is what creates that electric/sensational energy at superfights.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
            I think the dynamics of the two sports is a big part of it. Boxing is way more of an art. Seeing two skilled guys "dance" in the ring, match wits, match skills, match heart, etc is something you don't get at all in football.
            I agree. Boxing is a one on one fight. Football is a rough team sport. It's a game.

Comment

I am a big fan of many boxers but I love boxing in general and always want the best to fight the best. If a favorite boxer of mine loses while fighting the best then so be it. If a boxer didn't fight the best from time to time he wouldn't be a favorite of mine anyway. I don't expect a boxer to fight the best every fight because no boxer does. I do think they should fight their toughest rival and not duck him forever as long as they are in the same weight class. Boxing and MMA are the only sports I watch.

Comment

Both. Sure I’m a fan of certain fighters but if there are fights to be watched, I’ll generally find some beer and watch them

Comment

i'm not a fan of floyd the boxer but i am a fan of his women beating

Comment

I use to be huge a fan of certain boxers in the past, Roy was one of them obviously. I just want to see the best fight the best now. I have fighters I like more than others of course and may root for one over the other but anymore I pull for the underdog alot.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
                      I think the dynamics of the two sports is a big part of it. Boxing is way more of an art. Seeing two skilled guys "dance" in the ring, match wits, match skills, match heart, etc is something you don't get at all in football.
                      Agree it’s pretty much one on one vs a team sport
                      Boxers are in the ring alone where other sports have teammates to rely on if they are having an off night

Comment

Working...
                      X