Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Consensus p4p (based on TBRB, Ring & ESPN)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consensus p4p (based on TBRB, Ring & ESPN)

So all three panels do their p4p and it's based upon the lists of multiple experts. Going by the three lists being combined on average here is their combined consensus top 10 p4p which is likely to be most accurate as individually each may have a bias or political reason (i.e Ring having Canelo still ranked)

*updated with BWAA*

1. Lomachenko
    2. Golovkin
    3. Crawford
    4. Garcia
    5. Rungvisai
    6. Spence
    7. Inoue
    8. Kovalev
    9. Canelo
    10. Santa Cruz

http://www.tbrb.org/p4p/
    https://www.******.com/ratings/
    http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...omachenko-no-1

It went as follows

Loma - 1, 1, 2
    Golovkin 1, 4, 2
    Crawford 2, 3, 3
    Garcia 5, 5, 5
    Rungvisai 3, 6, 6
    Inoue 6, 9, 7
    Spence 4, 8, 10
    Kovalev 7, 9
    Canelo 4
    Santa Cruz 7
    Usyk 8
    Wilder 8
    Joshua 9
    Rigondeaux 9
    Thurman 10
    Last edited by chrisJS; 05-23-2018, 12:56 PM.

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    So all three panels do their p4p and it's based upon the lists of multiple experts. Going by the three lists being combined on average here is their combined consensus top 10 p4p which is likely to be most accurate as individually each may have a bias or political reason (i.e Ring having Canelo still ranked)

1. Lomachenko
    2. Golovkin
    3. Crawford
    4. Rungvisai
    4t. Garcia
    6. Inoue
    6t Spence
    8. Kovalev
    9. Canelo
    10. Santa Cruz

http://www.tbrb.org/p4p/
    https://www.******.com/ratings/
    http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...omachenko-no-1
    I'm cool with that list on average, but Rungvisai 100% belongs ahead of Crawford and I think its maybe unfair not to include Anthony Joshua.

Would also have Spence ahead of Crawford.

My top 10
    1. Lomachenko
    2. Golovkin
    3. Rungvisai
    4. Anthony Joshua
    5. Canelo
    6. Usyk
    7. Spence
    8. Terence Crawford
    9. Inoue
    10. Garcia

Comment

Originally posted by Red Skull View Post
      I'm cool with that list on average, but Rungvisai 100% belongs ahead of Crawford and I think its maybe unfair not to include Anthony Joshua.

Would also have Spence ahead of Crawford.

My top 10
      1. Lomachenko
      2. Golovkin
      3. Rungvisai
      4. Anthony Joshua
      5. Canelo
      6. Usyk
      7. Spence
      8. Terence Crawford
      9. Inoue
      10. Garcia
      just a few questions I need answers to bro

why is spence ahead of crawford?

spence best win is peterson. diaz argaubly beat peterson and crawford dominated diaz

how is rungvisai ahead of mikey? a guy who has won titles in 4 weight classes without losing.

and how is lomachencko ranked ahead of canelo when loma has lost more recently than canelo and canelo has a better resume than anybody in the top 10?

why usyk? but no gassiev?

Comment

The list has severe flaws IMO. I'm tired of saying it, but find me a fighter with 3 better wins than Rungvisai. Roman was P4P #1, and Estrada was often in top10. How is Rungvisai not an easy top3 selection?

What the hell did Garcia and Inoue do recently that puts them in top5? They were huge favorites and beat whoever was in front of them. It's like saying Golovkin needs to move up on P4P list for beating Vanes. Stop it.

Canelo is suspended. No P4P for him.

Santa Cruz? For real? He lost first match against Frampton who moved into his division, barely beat him in a rematch, and hasn't done jack since. He's nowhere near top20, let alone top10.

And why is Joshua getting consideration now, but Wilder isn't? Win over Ortiz is better than Parker, who's a mediocre fighter who skated by Ruiz and Fury.

Comment

it gets incredibly subjective when you start to hash out the 5th best fighter handicapping for size, the 6th best fighter handicapping for size, the 7th best... you get the idea. too many variables, and every evaluation is subjective and an abstraction.

there are two fighters at the moment who are out in front of the rest of the pack due to accomplishments and ability, with emphasis on ability. lomachenko and crawford are 1 and 2, 1 and 1a, whichever you would like.

personally i think lomachenko has a better body of work and is a better fighter. obviously crawford would beat him, he's just too big.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
            The list has severe flaws IMO. I'm tired of saying it, but find me a fighter with 3 better wins than Rungvisai. Roman was P4P #1, and Estrada was often in top10. How is Rungvisai not an easy top3 selection?

What the hell did Garcia and Inoue do recently that puts them in top5? They were huge favorites and beat whoever was in front of them. It's like saying Golovkin needs to move up on P4P list for beating Vanes. Stop it.

Canelo is suspended. No P4P for him.

Santa Cruz? For real? He lost first match against Frampton who moved into his division, barely beat him in a rematch, and hasn't done jack since. He's nowhere near top20, let alone top10.

And why is Joshua getting consideration now, but Wilder isn't? Win over Ortiz is better than Parker, who's a mediocre fighter who skated by Ruiz and Fury.
            Only Ring ranked Canelo. Santa Cruz appeared on one list only and Wilder basically got equal consideration with Joshua they had one appearance each 8th and 9th respectively.

Comment

Santa Cruz should definitely be off that list.

Comment

Every FAN should have their own P4P it is no such thing as an "OFFICIAL P4P Ranking" Ring and ESPN Rankings are all Opinions of Writers who work at ESPN and RING

Too much Politics when it comes to P4P Rankings from them to even take serious or to go by

If you're going to vote on a P4P Ranking then you shouldn't be disrespect some of the best fighters p4p on social media once you doing that it is NO WAY I'm going to value your fuking opinion. If you or your network push a certain agenda you should automatically be canceled

Speaking of Bias whatever happened to that "Gatti List" from Jim Lampley by the way
                Last edited by sicko; 05-21-2018, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                  just a few questions I need answers to bro

why is spence ahead of crawford?

spence best win is peterson. diaz argaubly beat peterson and crawford dominated diaz

how is rungvisai ahead of mikey? a guy who has won titles in 4 weight classes without losing.

and how is lomachencko ranked ahead of canelo when loma has lost more recently than canelo and canelo has a better resume than anybody in the top 10?

why usyk? but no gassiev?
                  Spence best win is Brook that is a better win than anything on Crawfords resume, Spence has been putting on overall more impressive displays regardless of who he fights.

Rungvisai beat Roman Gonzales the guy who was number 1 not too long ago, he beat him twice and he added to his merit beating Estrada his last loss was a robbery to a guy who has been proven to be a drug cheat.

Lomachenko has took to the pro ranks like Usain Bolt takes to the track, he hasn't waited about he has beat a guy who some considered the most talented fighter about in Rigondeuax, he moved up weight when he never needed to (Canelo held back his weight move when he could have easily made 160) to fight the number one guy in Linares.
                  Lomachenko is setting records and despite Canelo record looking very good a lot of his record is shrouded in controversy dodgy decisions bad scorecards.

For the Usyk but no Gassiev, I could only fit 10 names in I picked Usyk because I think he is overall the better fighter, Gassiev might prove me wrong.

That's why my list is like that.
                  Last edited by M Bison; 05-21-2018, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    Every FAN should have their own P4P it is no such thing as an "OFFICIAL P4P Ranking" Ring and ESPN Rankings are all Opinions of Writers who work at ESPN and RING

Too much Politics when it comes to P4P Rankings from them to even take serious or to go by
                    It's just a reference since three of the most respected outlets use probably a combined 40-50 experts so whilst some have their biases the general average should be a solid reference.

A fans individual p4p is almost useless because a lot of fans have crazy biases and issues with where fighters are from or what their ethnicity is.

Comment

Working...
                    X