Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Consensus p4p (based on TBRB, Ring & ESPN)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
    The list has severe flaws IMO. I'm tired of saying it, but find me a fighter with 3 better wins than Rungvisai. Roman was P4P #1, and Estrada was often in top10. How is Rungvisai not an easy top3 selection?

What the hell did Garcia and Inoue do recently that puts them in top5? They were huge favorites and beat whoever was in front of them. It's like saying Golovkin needs to move up on P4P list for beating Vanes. Stop it.

Canelo is suspended. No P4P for him.

Santa Cruz? For real? He lost first match against Frampton who moved into his division, barely beat him in a rematch, and hasn't done jack since. He's nowhere near top20, let alone top10.

And why is Joshua getting consideration now, but Wilder isn't? Win over Ortiz is better than Parker, who's a mediocre fighter who skated by Ruiz and Fury.

do you think the gonzales that rungvisai beat was a better fighter than lomachenko or crawford? i certainly don't. he was several weight classes above his best, aging while tiny, had his face broken by a ham and egger a few years back, had been taking punches even in victory and when he looked spectacular. and the first win was controversial, that was a headbutt that dropped him initially. yeah, he was on the top of a lot of the p4p lists at the time, but a lot of that comes down to the characteristics of a list and a confirmation bias. guys stay on the list until they're knocked off, generally. i didn't think gonzales had looked liek the best fighter on the planet for a while, but i respected that people wanted to keep him there while he had something left and beforehe had been knocked off. but if we're off on the evaluation of a guy being p4p#1, does his conqueror deserve to take his spot?

you also can't just stack wins next to each other when you evaluate a p4p list. floyd's got an amazing resume. would he be p4p #1 if he came out of retirement? he looked bad against a debuting fighter in his last fight. pacquiao likewise has one of the best resumes of all time. not a p4p fighter at the moment, right? and that's because you don't just weigh out wins on your p4p list, you evaluate where a fighter is contemporarily and hash out who you think would win if they were all the same size and fought.

yes, rungvisai has three very good wins and very recently, but are you really picking him to beat anybody in the world?

do you think rungvisai is a better fighter than lomachenko? how about crawford? if they were teh same size they'd body that guy, and i think you know that. they're just better fighters.
    Last edited by New England; 05-21-2018, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      do you think the gonzales that rungvisai beat was a better fighter than lomachenko or crawford? i certainly don't. he was several weight classes above his best, aging while tiny, had his face broken by a ham and egger a few years back, had been taking punches even in victory and when he looked spectacular. and the first win was controversial, that was a headbutt that dropped him initially. yeah, he was on the top of a lot of the p4p lists at the time, but a lot of that comes down to the characteristics of a list and a confirmation bias. guys stay on the list until they're knocked off, generally. i didn't think gonzales had looked liek the best fighter on the planet for a while, but i respected that people wanted to keep him there while he had something left and beforehe had been knocked off. but if we're off on the evaluation of a guy being p4p#1, does his conqueror deserve to take his spot?

you also can't just stack wins next to each other when you evaluate a p4p list. floyd's got an amazing resume. would he be p4p #1 if he came out of retirement? he looked bad against a debuting fighter in his last fight. pacquiao likewise has one of the best resumes of all time. not a p4p fighter at the moment, right? and that's because you don't just weigh out wins on your p4p list, you evaluate where a fighter is contemporarily and hash out who you think would win if they were all the same size and fought.

yes, rungvisai has three very good wins and very recently, but are you really picking him to beat anybody in the world?

do you think rungvisai is a better fighter than lomachenko? how about crawford? if they were teh same size they'd body that guy, and i think you know that. they're just better fighters.
      I know what you're saying, and yeah, it's not just the resume. It's a factor of recent resume and the eye test. Floyd doesn't count for P4P because his last fight/win was so long ago. I wouldn't include him for same reason I have not included Rigo for years - their last good win was long time ago.

As for Rungvisai, yeah I'd pick him to beat most P4P fighters if they're the same size. He's not pretty to look at, he gets hit, and he misses. But holy ****, that guy has serious firepower, a great skillset, unrelenting will and a granite chin.

Against Loma and Crawford, it would be an interesting clash of styles. They're both excellent movers with great skills. But neither one of them have faced someone who's a huge puncher for their division. Rungvisai would get hit a lot and swing wildly, but that dude will walk through everyone they throw, find them, and maul the living daylights out of them.

All 3 of them deserve seriouslconsideration for the #1 spot, but while Loma and TC are mentioned all the time, this little guy barely makes top5.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        It's just a reference since three of the most respected outlets use probably a combined 40-50 experts so whilst some have their biases the general average should be a solid reference.

A fans individual p4p is almost useless because a lot of fans have crazy biases and issues with where fighters are from or what their ethnicity is.
        I can say that about many within the Boxing Mainstream Media as well who again spend time on social media disrespecting professional fighters.

It is all just opinions at the end of the day none of them mean anything

Comment

Originally posted by Red Skull View Post
          Spence best win is Brook that is a better win than anything on Crawfords resume, Spence has been putting on overall more impressive displays regardless of who he fights.

Rungvisai beat Roman Gonzales the guy who was number 1 not too long ago, he beat him twice and he added to his merit beating Estrada his last loss was a robbery to a guy who has been proven to be a drug cheat.

Lomachenko has took to the pro ranks like Usain Bolt takes to the track, he hasn't waited about he has beat a guy who some considered the most talented fighter about in Rigondeuax, he moved up weight when he never needed to (Canelo held back his weight move when he could have easily made 160) to fight the number one guy in Linares.
          Lomachenko is setting records and despite Canelo record looking very good a lot of his record is shrouded in controversy dodgy decisions bad scorecards.

For the Usyk but no Gassiev, I could only fit 10 names in I picked Usyk because I think he is overall the better fighter, Gassiev might prove me wrong.

That's why my list is like that.

i respect all of your points except for rungvisai. 1 year aint enough of a run to be ahead of guys who are moving through multiple weight classes without losing.

especially when 2 out of the 3 wins were debatable.

alot of people said gonzalez won the first fight. and alot of people say Estrada won earlier this year.

Rungvisai definitely deserves a spot. i just think top 3 is to high.

spence did beat brook but brook was coming off of a broken face.

but i like your points for the most part
          Last edited by bluebeam; 05-21-2018, 12:37 PM.

Comment

inoue 6th whos he actually beat worth a damn!!?!? his best win lost 120-108 to donaire.

Comment

My own

1.Little Ukrainian
              2.Crawfish
              3.Borat
              4.Clenelo
              5.Mickey Mouse
              6.Vampire eyes
              7. Ratvisai
              8.Keith Time-Out Thurman
              9. Nipples Jr
              10. BorderlineValev

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                just a few questions I need answers to bro

why is spence ahead of crawford?

spence best win is peterson. diaz argaubly beat peterson and crawford dominated diaz

how is rungvisai ahead of mikey? a guy who has won titles in 4 weight classes without losing.

and how is lomachencko ranked ahead of canelo when loma has lost more recently than canelo and canelo has a better resume than anybody in the top 10?

why usyk? but no gassiev?
                So mikey deserves P4P consideration for winning titles in 4 weight classes.

Yet Broner has won titles in four weight classes and he is in your words “a bum”.

Looks like someone’s just CONTRADICTED themselves🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You’re saying Canelo is above Loma cause he has a “better resume”😭😭😭😭
                Well Sor Rungvisai has a far better resume than Mikey, so it looks like you’ve CONTRADICTED yourself AGAIN🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

YDKSAB🤣🤣

Ignore list...

Comment

Lomachenko, Crawford for the top 2.

Golovkin, Canelo, Mikey Garcia, Rungvisai next 4.

Spence, Inoue, Usyk, Gassiev, Kovalev, maybe Thurman (inactivity hurts), are the only other names I would pick for my last 4 in the top 10.

Just my opinion, you don't need to agree. I didn't put guys in order outside of the tiers because I feel names are closely interchangeable anyways (mostly).

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                    So mikey deserves P4P consideration for winning titles in 4 weight classes.

Yet Broner has won titles in four weight classes and he is in your words “a bum”.

Looks like someone’s just CONTRADICTED themselves��������������������������

You’re saying Canelo is above Loma cause he has a “better resume”��������
                    Well Sor Rungvisai has a far better resume than Mikey, so it looks like you’ve CONTRADICTED yourself AGAIN������������������

YDKSAB����

Ignore list...
                    Funny thing is I think Broner has gotten to the #1 in more divisions than Garcia and has made more title defenses than Garcia who's only made a total of ONE across all four of his reigns.

Garcia is clearly a superb talent but his 4-weight stuff is simply a manipulation tactic. I think a solid reign would have been better for him than the cherry picking title grabbing and dropping that he's been doing. He didn't move up because nobody would fight him or he ran out of challenges. He moved around to collect the easy belts (he did outgrow 126 I'll give him that). Call me old fashioned but I'll take Tszyu/GGG/Hagler/Monzon style domination of one division over the multi-weight stuff which can be be manipulated through savvy and opportunistic matchmaking.

Broner did that too but not to the degree of Garcia though Garcia is clearly the better fighter.

Comment

That combined list turned out pretty good in my opinion. Everyone on the list is a damn good fighter for his pounds. I don't agree with it completely but no two lists are ever exactly the same. I am glad to see Loma and GGG at 1st and 2nd. I think the deserve it and they get way too much hate on this board because of where they come from. I would put Spence up much higher and Canelo higher too. I would lower Rungvisai but that's just my opinion. All in all I think it's a good reasonable list.

Comment

Working...
                      X