Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Consensus p4p (based on TBRB, Ring & ESPN)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    Not just here I saw a lot on social media and staff on sites picking those two. Another one was Russell. I remember tight odds, I believe it was on The Ring's fight picks the slight majority had Russell winning and obviously social media and forums a ton picked Russell too.

Picking Rigo made no sense to me whatsoever. I thought that would be one of his easiest fights perhaps even his easiest. I warned people about looking stupid (and won some bets). That was a solid win executed in brilliant fashion but the Walters, Linares and Russell wins are excellent IMO and probably the strongest three wins of any active fighter outside of Pacquaio and Chocolatito both of whom are on the downside.
    personally I think linares and Russell wins are better than the rigo and walters wins...but that's just my personal opinion

fair enough if you saw a bunch of boxing media making predictions...just wanted to make sure you aren't falling into the trap and or using something, you know to be BS, in your favor

you know how it goes...golovkin will fight lemiuex and youll get a bunch of threads and posts designed to rile up golovkin fans saying lemiuex is gonna do it....but those guys probably wouldn't even put a note on it in real life even if they were getting 10-1

Comment

Golden Boy owns Ring and has been confirmed numerous times by Ring employees of corrupting the rankings and titles to favor Golden Boy. Ring shouldn't be used as a reference anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
        personally I think linares and Russell wins are better than the rigo and walters wins...but that's just my personal opinion

fair enough if you saw a bunch of boxing media making predictions...just wanted to make sure you aren't falling into the trap and or using something, you know to be BS, in your favor

you know how it goes...golovkin will fight lemiuex and youll get a bunch of threads and posts designed to rile up golovkin fans saying lemiuex is gonna do it....but those guys probably wouldn't even put a note on it in real life even if they were getting 10-1
        Roy Jones, Mikey Garcia, Terence Crawford, Paulie Malignaggi just to name a few said it was too difficult to predict Loma-Rigo and Gary Russell picked Rigo to win easily and there were others too. I never saw that myself. I said prior I'd be surprised if Rigo even wins more than a feel out round. It surprised me that media and fighters were more into his chances than Linares' (though for what it's worth a lot of fighters who knew Linares and had sparred him said he'd be a very difficult fight).

I rank the wins 1. Linares 2. Russell 3. Walters 4. Rigo even though I think overtime Russell will look better than Linares due to him having a better career but hindsight shouldn't change that much.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
          Golden Boy owns Ring and has been confirmed numerous times by Ring employees of corrupting the rankings and titles to favor Golden Boy. Ring shouldn't be used as a reference anymore.
          I think they shouldn't be used in reference to GBP fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
            We can all knock resumes but if you are making a case against Loma's resume then you have to look objectively at the resumes of the fighters you cast as being higher up the p4p lists.

Loma did what he had to do.

Im only asking why is that resume considered amazing

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
              Loma did what he had to do.

Im only asking why is that resume considered amazing
              I don't think I've seen that term used to describe his resume at least not in this thread. I think his skills would be described as amazing and his achievements within such a short time frame would be considered special but truth be told there's no current p4p caliber fighter with an "amazing" resume and he'd probably be the first to tell you that.

He's on his way though and when everything is factored in he's done enough the warrant being #1 currently. The way so many have written off his career as a failure is hilarious to me. He's clearly doing big things.

Comment

I don't think Rigo is a big deal but a large number should because they picked Rigo to win handily. I'm not one of those. That's just a solid win for me but it was impressive he made him quit so quickly.

Walters moved to 130 before Loma and had proven himself as a good fighter. It was an impressive win to dominate Nonito like that. The 11 months is an issue for Loma but it wasn't an issue when Postol was off for 10 or Gamboa 12 against Crawfod nor was it an issue when Mosley was off for 16 before Floyd or Oscar was off for 12 for Floyd. FYI he'd beaten Darchinyan which was a solid win especially at that point in Walters career. Walters was obviously a good all-around undefeated fighter, hence why so many on this board picked him to beat Loma. Loma took his soul to the point he seems to not care about fighting again.

Linares has been an excellent fighter for a while. He never got that signature fight unfortunately. Garcia ducked him which could have told a lot. He had unified titles at 135 and was on a good run of solid wins and a lengthy reign.

it was a major deal on boxingscene that mosley was coming off of a 16 month layoff. as well as oscar being a part time fighter. floyd never gets credit for either of those wins on boxingscene.

walters did that at 126 and to this very day walters has never won a fight at 130. 3 years since he left 126 and no wins at 130. the walters win is not impressive if you look at the facts

Comment

I don't think I've seen that term used to describe his resume at least not in this thread. I think his skills would be described as amazing and his achievements within such a short time frame would be considered special but truth be told there's no current p4p caliber fighter with an "amazing" resume and he'd probably be the first to tell you that.

He's on his way though and when everything is factored in he's done enough the warrant being #1 currently. The way so many have written off his career as a failure is hilarious to me. He's clearly doing big things.

you dont think canelo resume is better than loma?
                  Last edited by bluebeam; 05-22-2018, 11:44 AM.

Comment

I think they shouldn't be used in reference to GBP fighters.
                    But they've not only shown extreme bias in favor of HBO fighters, but extreme bias against SHO fighters. Ring is completely worthless now. No logical reason to not ignore them.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                      you dont think canelo resume is better than loma?
                      No. I thought he lost to Lara, the Trout fight was too close and Cotto was way smaller and old. Take that away and you have a gift draw with GGG in a fight everyone knows he lost and a shut out loss to Mayweather albeit when he was weight drained at a catch-weight.

He's never really put distance between himself and the competition in his genuine tests.

Comment

Working...
                      X