Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you see Loma-Duran at 135 going?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duran is usually considered the best lightweight in history by many experts. He would probably beat Loma, Mosley, Mayweather, Mikey or any other lightweight. He was lightweight champion at age 21 and defended the title successfully about 13 times. I don't remember the exact number of title defenses he had but it was a lot. He won most of them by KO. He lost a non title fight to DeJesus but beat him twice with the title on the line. He was a big lightweight and a bigger man than Loma. He had great speed and power and a high work rate. He would charge after Loma non stop and not give him much time to think. He would swarm him and knock him out. Duran with a relentless attacker with a killer instinct. He had all the punches and combinations and his straight right was a monster punch. He beat Leonard at welterweight the first time and I think he beats all lightweights. That's just my opinion and nobody really knows how these fantasy fights would go.Armstrong or SRR might have beaten him at 135. Nobody knows for sure.

Comment

Duran at 135? No way. Loma is too small to keep him off, and his arms are too short to fight at distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Pago007 View Post
        Very intriguing I think only Mosley n TBE beat Duran at 35
        Concerning the two guys you mentioned. Mosley would put up a good fight but he would get worn down in a 15 round bout. I know Sugar Ray Robinson fought as a lightweight but his rep was made at the heavier weights. Just going on a gut feeling I think it would be a pickem fight. So Mosley no and Robinson I'm not sure.

Comment

Hi Tech would "No Mas" Duran around the 8th round.

Comment

Watch Loma-Walters, you'll get an idea.

Comment

Give Loma 5 more fights at 135 and then ask the question again. If he is dominant as I think he might be, then you will get some less certainty with this type of thread.

Comment

Duran was a monster at 135 i say he wins, hopefully im not racist

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                  Post and discuss
                  Discuss what?

Comment

I think Loma has the skill-set to trouble any fighter, he's uniquely gifted. At 135 he look at his weight ceiling though IMO. Against an ATG and the probable best LW ever..I'd have to go with Duran.

I think I'd go with Duran against anyone at 135.

Comment

LOL.

Is this supposed to be a serious question?

Comment

Working...
                      X