Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson vs. Badou Jack - LIVE BoxingScene Scorecard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They need to bring back 15rd fights or even add a 13th rd to lessen chance of draws.

Comment

I had it in Stevenson's favor but can see it either way and wouldn't argue it. Adonis looks very old, I don't think he has a lot of time left on the throne. I'm not sure Jack has what it takes to win the wars against the likes of Kovalev, Gvozdyk, Bivol, etc.

Comment

Close fight. I had Adonis up a point. The draw is perfectly reasonable. Jack is a very good fighter, but he does just enough to earn a draw. Almost every time! He has nothing to complain about.

Comment

Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
          They need to bring back 15rd fights or even add a 13th rd to lessen chance of draws.
          I honestly believe within reason if a draw is ruled that if the fighters and trainers agree on it. They should be allowed to fight out a 13th round in case of a draw. That might sound silly, but I honestly think that would work out a lot of kinks.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatDisButtonDo View Post
            I honestly believe within reason if a draw is ruled that if the fighters and trainers agree on it. They should be allowed to fight out a 13th round in case of a draw. That might sound silly, but I honestly think that would work out a lot of kinks.
            And if they each score a knockdown? On to rd 14?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
              And if they each score a knockdown? On to rd 14?
              You've thrown a wrench in my plans sir.

Comment

I wonder about adding another element to scoring. Perhaps a 'dominant' winning round, and a 'marginal' winning round. So for this fight you could argue Stevenson won 6 rounds fairly marginally, with Jack winning 2 or 3 of the 6 rounds he won dominantly. A 10-9 D could then outweigh a 10-9 M on countback.

That might help decide fights where one fighter beats up another in a round, doing everything but getting the knockdown, then perhaps gets narrowly out-jabbed the following round. Might encourage more exciting fights too.

Comment

Boxing needs to penalize holding. Ward gets way to much advantage that way just like chickensin. Cowards in boxing.

Comment

BS spot on again.

Comment

Originally posted by nick_viking View Post
                      I wonder about adding another element to scoring. Perhaps a 'dominant' winning round, and a 'marginal' winning round. So for this fight you could argue Stevenson won 6 rounds fairly marginally, with Jack winning 2 or 3 of the 6 rounds he won dominantly. A 10-9 D could then outweigh a 10-9 M on countback.

That might help decide fights where one fighter beats up another in a round, doing everything but getting the knockdown, then perhaps gets narrowly out-jabbed the following round. Might encourage more exciting fights too.
                      Love this logic.

Comment

Working...
                      X