Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just saw GGG vs Canelo for the first time since september...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had Golovkin winning but the thing that GG fans are not honest about is that Canelo looked like the better fighter. He was more accurate and strong. Far better defense. He screwed around far too much though. Like Peterson v Garcia, you had one guy who seemed to be content slipping punches and getting in clever counters, like it was a sparring session. But, he let a lot of rounds slip away because of it.

I can see why some gave Canelo the fight, because he was the better boxer. But, the way I scored it, GG won.

Comment

I think GGG won but nobody who thought Canelo won is going to change their mind. A rematch might settle who is the better fighter.

Comment

I had it 9-3 GGG live, 8-4 GGG on rewatch

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          I had Golovkin winning but the thing that GG fans are not honest about is that Canelo looked like the better fighter. He was more accurate and strong. Far better defense. He screwed around far too much though. Like Peterson v Garcia, you had one guy who seemed to be content slipping punches and getting in clever counters, like it was a sparring session. But, he let a lot of rounds slip away because of it.

I can see why some gave Canelo the fight, because he was the better boxer. But, the way I scored it, GG won.
          I get what you are saying but I do not believe Canelo was ever screwing around. Canelo could win rounds fighting with his pedal to the floor but he couldn't win any fighting at a sustainable pace. Canelo looked younger and quicker, which of course he was, but he was like a sprinter trying to win a distance race.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
            I get what you are saying but I do not believe Canelo was ever screwing around. Canelo could win rounds fighting with his pedal to the floor but he couldn't win any fighting at a sustainable pace. Canelo looked younger and quicker, which of course he was, but he was like a sprinter trying to win a distance race.
            I felt like he was screwing around and I recall his corner yelling at him to cut that shyt out and focus, so it reinforced that for me.
            I do agree that GG won with the tortoise and hair approach. Not that he was a tortoise, but he was tempered and didn't fade.

Comment

Let me get this out of the way for aboutfktime

But wait wait

He said anyone

ANYONE

at 154-168

The fat red head gonna eat that Christmas tree

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post

dude, come on. he didn't. he was always at the end of GGG's jab and after five rounds he looked dead tired as if his arms were too heavy. is he better than i/we thought? yes, but not better than golovkin.

Comment

Its your opinion, 10 of the 12 rounds were close competition, a fight like that can be scored any number of ways. What I've noticed on here is that the GGG fans all get very defensive, and try to stick to a 9-3 8-4 type of score, because they know that if they say 7-5 it can be argued.

I also see a trend that GGG swept all the middle rounds, where again some of those rounds were mighty close and could have been scored either way, as were the early rounds and the 12th (close fight!!!). Through 5-9, Canelo might have been showing distress signals, and a little negative, but he was still landing the quality punches, even in those rounds.

I personally feel if you accumulated all scores, it would probably fall around 7-5 GGG, a close fight. People think the next fight is going to give us a definitive answer, but I'm not sure about that, I don't think these guys have the ability to elevate above the other due to their relative weaknesses.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                    lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    I exaggerated a bit :/ I think Canelo only won 1 round, you're right.

Comment

i gave Canelo like 4 rounds tops...maybe 3

Comment

Working...
                      X