No announcement yet.

It just doesn't seem right to me.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
    Thought the lead up to the liver shot was a thing of beauty, the 5 or 6 punches that set it up. Didn't even know what had happened when I first see it, how fast it was. Only noticed on the replay. Linares on the floor wondering what the **** just happened
    Yeah, he really skillfully set it up and just gave Linares too much to deal with. Showed excellent killer instinct and closed the show. I was at the fight and close enough to the ring and it looked like Linares just just overwhelmed from the barrage. Only on the replay did I catch that beauty to the liver.

Comment

A liver shot is the most devastating single punch in boxing. I've been hit by a few good ones in sparring and the pain is unbearable, it completely sickens you. I would compare it to drowning.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
        Its a legal punch and always has been and on top of that its not as easy to land as you think. You can strafe some ones balls almost at will.
        a well placed left to the liver is a thing of beauty

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
          A liver shot is the most devastating single punch in boxing. I've been hit by a few good ones in sparring and the pain is unbearable, it completely sickens you. I would compare it to drowning.
          I remember seeing Kostya Tszyu talk about how debilitating a good liver shot is. He was saying how it just makes you so numb and you can't breath.

Then we've got these fatso keyboard warriors chastising fighters like Linares for quitting. Go figure.

Comment

It's tactical, upstairs then boom to the liver. Takes a lot to set that punch up. We don't get to see it as much as a headshot ko so for me it was great.

Comment

Like a low blow ending a fight? huh? I beg your pardon?

Not even close. That's sweet science. Loma knew he wasn't hurting Linares to the head so he started going to the body and found the Sunday punch. It's a boxing staple and ended great. I wish I could have seen Linares get a chance to continue so we could have seen him get pummeled more but it's life.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                I remember seeing Kostya Tszyu talk about how debilitating a good liver shot is. He was saying how it just makes you so numb and you can't breath.

Then we've got these fatso keyboard warriors chastising fighters like Linares for quitting. Go figure.
                Not so much chastising him for not going on but for claiming he wanted to and could, neither was the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Century Tuna View Post
                  Didn't the Golden Boy himself, de la Hoya, get stopped by someone by a liver-punch?
                  you mean when Oscar faked getting taken out by the liver shot from Hopkins? then he went partners with Hopkins after the fight

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post

He was up and trying to continue at the tenth count so I don't fault him for that. At all

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                      Thought the lead up to the liver shot was a thing of beauty, the 5 or 6 punches that set it up. Didn't even know what had happened when I first see it, how fast it was. Only noticed on the replay. Linares on the floor wondering what the **** just happened
                      Exactly what I saw. I originally thought that the uppercut did the damage until I saw the replay. That was an awesome body shot!

Comment

Working...
                      X