Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Munguia May Have Optional Defense in July, Then Liam Smith

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kell Brook "MAN UP!" Here's a good opportunity to win a title @ 154!

Comment

Mungua is signed to Golden Boy..

“Zanfer promotes Munguia along with Golden Boy, and those guys are getting poked now all the time, people wondering when the 21-year-old will return to live action. Eric Gomez, the Golden Boy executive, told me it’s too early to speculate on what’s next for the WBA 154-pound champ. He will meet with Team Munguia in “one week” to start sorting that out.”

Comment

Originally posted by GBP4LIFE View Post
        Mungua is signed to Golden Boy..

“Zanfer promotes Munguia along with Golden Boy, and those guys are getting poked now all the time, people wondering when the 21-year-old will return to live action. Eric Gomez, the Golden Boy executive, told me it’s too early to speculate on what’s next for the WBA 154-pound champ. He will meet with Team Munguia in “one week” to start sorting that out.”
        Sweet..........

That set up was dope. Where was that quote taken from?
        Last edited by Mammoth; 05-15-2018, 10:13 AM.

Comment

I think Brook would beat this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
            As much as I like Kell Brook, Munguia wears down and eventually stops anyone at 154 lbs. The only exception to this is Jermell Charlo and I don't even care much for Jermell because of his wannabe thug behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
              You are underestimating Munguia. Brook would be pretty small compared to him. Munguia is a killer.

Brook has been called out by Jarret Hurd. He has the chance at a belt if he wants it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                Zanfer is terrible. It's too bad Golden Boy sucks so much that they aren't even able to take away Munguia and Berchelt.
                How can they or anyone else take them away when they already have a promoter who owns their contract? The best Golden Boy can do is get future options or co-promote. They are not free agents they can't just sign with someone else and cut Zanfer out. Typically these international promoters have to agree to give options for future fights in the US. Almost definitely that happened for Munguai to get the title shot an agreement that he will now be co-promoted by Golden Boy.

Comment

From Rick Glaser

The great news for new Mexican Star and WBO World Jr. Middleweight Champ Jaime Munguria is that the new Champ has only one option with Golden Boy, and that option will take place for Munguia's title defense on HBO in September. After that option is done in September, Munguia's promoter Zanfer Promotions will be handling Munguia's fights after that, without Golden Boy. Zanfer Promotions is headed up by longtime promoter Fernando Beltran from Tijuana, Mexico, and runs monthly shows in Tijuana. Beltran is advised by well known boxing brain trust and Vegas resident Sean Gibbons. Both Beltran and Gibbons have a long working relationship with Bob Arum, so maybe Munguia could end up on ESPN. HBO definitely needs new boxing talent. Munguia would be a good start for HBO in retooling their fast fading and long suffering boxing brand. But, my question, does HBO really want to be in the boxing programming business? Well, they sure don't act and or deliever a product that any longer ratifies a reason to purchase HBO by boxing enthusiasts. If HBO Boxing honcho Peter Nelson screws up the long term signing of Munguia, and he goes to Arum for ESPN, stick a fork in HBO Boxing. And I have complete confidence in Peter Nelson, he'll **** it up!

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
                    From Rick Glaser

The great news for new Mexican Star and WBO World Jr. Middleweight Champ Jaime Munguria is that the new Champ has only one option with Golden Boy, and that option will take place for Munguia's title defense on HBO in September. After that option is done in September, Munguia's promoter Zanfer Promotions will be handling Munguia's fights after that, without Golden Boy. Zanfer Promotions is headed up by longtime promoter Fernando Beltran from Tijuana, Mexico, and runs monthly shows in Tijuana. Beltran is advised by well known boxing brain trust and Vegas resident Sean Gibbons. Both Beltran and Gibbons have a long working relationship with Bob Arum, so maybe Munguia could end up on ESPN. HBO definitely needs new boxing talent. Munguia would be a good start for HBO in retooling their fast fading and long suffering boxing brand. But, my question, does HBO really want to be in the boxing programming business? Well, they sure don't act and or deliever a product that any longer ratifies a reason to purchase HBO by boxing enthusiasts. If HBO Boxing honcho Peter Nelson screws up the long term signing of Munguia, and he goes to Arum for ESPN, stick a fork in HBO Boxing. And I have complete confidence in Peter Nelson, he'll **** it up!
                    One more fight? Golden Boy really is garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                      The memories of when Erik "Terrible" Morales came back from the United States with his first world champion belts came inescapable. The promoter is the same, Fernando Beltrn, president of Zanfer Promotions. In 1997, Erik conquered the green belt at super bantamweight after knocking out the legendary Daniel Zaragoza in 11 emotional rounds in September 1997 in El Paso, Texas.
                      [Click Here To Read More]
                      Mun v Nelo, 2020

Comment

Working...
                      X