Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Would Boxing Benefit if More Fighters Fought Like Lomachenko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    "In the interim, Spence will get an unnecessary “gimme” fight or two before then. If he’s ready, shouldn’t the fight happen?"

Really? If it was up to Errol, he would've fought Keith Thurman 2 years ago! It was Thurman who wanted the fight to marinate, not Errol! Errol is The Truth!
    Calm down.. Nobody’s blaming Errol, he’s a fantastic fighter. I think he beats Thurman if it ever happens. Point is, it should have happened by now and it hasn’t, because the game is manipulated by the self interest of people outside the ring, managers and promoters, and the perception that an ‘0’ is essential to maintain one’s brand...

Comment

Originally posted by Muchen View Post
      Huh? I’m black and I like Loma. You must be a white American...you don’t have any fighters to cheer for, so you worship Europeans. There are some good Europeans out there, but they’re NOT white Americans.
      Well said. If skin colour dictates who you rate, then you’re part of the problem imo. I’m a fan of the sport, race has feck all to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_sh*t View Post
        Well said. If skin colour dictates who you rate, then you’re part of the problem imo. I’m a fan of the sport, race has feck all to do with it.
        Agreed, lets not mix this with racism.

Comment

Boxing would benefit if fighters fight more often.
          The Charlo sisters fight once, and on undercards, then loiter around for effing 7-8 months doing nothing despite having barely any scratches from their last fights.
          It's infuriating.
          They even thank Haymon for it.
          It's horrible.
          Last edited by rickJen; 05-12-2018, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCowBoy View Post
            That WBC is so corrupt.....That they (wbc) are in cahoots with Protecting Boxing Cowards (PBC)....
            Errol Spence Jr. is no coward! Neither are the Charlo Bros., Deontay Wilder, David Benavidez, Badou Jack, Mikey Garcia, Sergiy Derevyanchenko, Erislandy Lara, Jarrett Hurd, Julian WIlliams, Gary Russell Jr., and many more!

Comment

Hell no. Loma is boring. The fans want to see knock outs.Loma is one of the greatest amateur fighters ever but as a pro he doesn't knock people out. Boxing absolutely can't benefit that way

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                "Boxing would benefit if every fighter was as good as the most skilled guy fighting today"

another genius article. Thanks for the insight.
                I knew that this was going to be an Andreas Hale article as soon as I read the headline.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
                  Hell no. Loma is boring. The fans want to see knock outs.Loma is one of the greatest amateur fighters ever but as a pro he doesn't knock people out. Boxing absolutely can't benefit that way
                  He stopped his last 7 opponents

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_sh*t View Post
                    Calm down.. Nobody’s blaming Errol, he’s a fantastic fighter. I think he beats Thurman if it ever happens. Point is, it should have happened by now and it hasn’t, because the game is manipulated by the self interest of people outside the ring, managers and promoters, and the perception that an ‘0’ is essential to maintain one’s brand...
                    The author made it seem that Errol didn't want it! Keith actually made statements that he didn't want that work! I think Errol is on the same level as Loma! I think Spence vs. Crawford will be a better fight than Loma vs. Garcia, Canelo vs. GGG II, and Wilder vs. Joshua! We the fans should be demanding that fight ASAP!

Comment

Most fighters can't fight like that though. Not all of them have the skills to be able to fight top competition early.
                      Last edited by TheCell8; 05-12-2018, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X