No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner calls out Bradley at 144

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    What's the problem? Neither is a player at 147 or 140 currently. It's not for a title. A Broner-Bradley fight does nothing to change the landscape at 140 or 147 currently.

Bradley hasn't fought that low in 7 years. It'd be dumb as hell to fight that low coming off a 2 year retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
      Bradley hasn't fought that low in 7 years. It'd be dumb as hell to fight that low coming off a 2 year retirement.
      I still think Bradley would beat him. But my point is for everybody complaining about the catchweight I don't see the problem. Neither fighter is a player in 140 or 147. The landscape of 140 and 147 won't change by this fight. It's not for a title. So why do the fans have a problem with this fight if it's at a catchweight?

Comment

I still think Bradley would beat him. But my point is for everybody complaining about the catchweight I don't see the problem. Neither fighter is a player in 140 or 147. The landscape of 140 and 147 won't change by this fight. It's not for a title. So why do the fans have a problem with this fight if it's at a catchweight?

The catchweight only benefits Broner though.

Bradley hasn't fought that low in 7 years and is coming off a 2 year retirement.

Comment

The catchweight only benefits Broner though.

Bradley hasn't fought that low in 7 years and is coming off a 2 year retirement.
          And the money benefits Tim right? It ain't like he's making a lot of money in retirement.

This is a one off fight. It means nothing in the scheme of things

Comment

And the money benefits Tim right? It ain't like he's making a lot of money in retirement.

This is a one off fight. It means nothing in the scheme of things

Bradley's made a lot more money at 147 than 140.

He'd be dumb as hell to go back to a weight he hasn't fought at in 7 years, not to mention he'd be coming off a 2 year retirement.

Comment

Typical Broner. He challenges a retired boxer to fight him at the Broner weight of 144. People complained about Canelo creating a 155 pound weight class. Broner has created a new 144 pound class just for himself and all the bigger or smaller boxers have to come up or down to his perfect weight. If he thinks he is so good then he should suck it up and fight welterweights at 147.Bradley has the high pressure high volume fast handed attack that beats Broner every time.

Comment

Bradley's made a lot more money at 147 than 140.

He'd be dumb as hell to go back to a weight he hasn't fought at in 7 years, not to mention he'd be coming off a 2 year retirement.
                ok but my point is if he does decide to do it I don't see why all these boxing purist have a problem with the catchweight since this fight will do absolutely nothing to affect 140 or 147

Comment

ok but my point is if he does decide to do it I don't see why all these boxing purist have a problem with the catchweight since this fight will do absolutely nothing to affect 140 or 147

I doubt Bradley can even make 144.

He's coming off a 2 year retirement and hasn't fought that low in 7 years.

Comment

I doubt Bradley can even make 144.

He's coming off a 2 year retirement and hasn't fought that low in 7 years.
                    You keep talking about Bradley and how it concerns him. I undertand that. But I'm talking about the catchweight itself and how it has absolutely no impact on the landscape of either division.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X