No announcement yet.

Charlo asked about fighting GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    I think Jermall is a serious talent and I'd pick him over anyone @160 but I hate the way he's managed and his own attitude toward the biz. If you're a fking lion then go kill off the other alphas and stake your claim. When you have a world title, then you get to posture and call shots.
    He looked like a “Lioness” there.

Stop using the gaudy lion s h I t

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      I think Jermall is a serious talent and I'd pick him over anyone @160 but I hate the way he's managed and his own attitude toward the biz. If you're a fking lion then go kill off the other alphas and stake your claim. When you have a world title, then you get to posture and call shots.
      Tripple G would sleep him. He really doesn't want that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by cork View Post
        Best fight for me is BJS vs GGG. It's be interesting to see if GGG can catch bjs. Most exciting fight is probably Charlo. He doesn't move as well but throw bombs. Don't see Charlo lasting that fight though.
        I would like to see BJS get knocked out as well

Comment

Originally posted by Street15 View Post
          Wait...he referred to Gennady as a "big strong beast"?? Charlo walks around at 190, steps in the ring very close to 180, has 2 inches on Gennady, and a 3in reach advantage. Him and Jacobs are huge man. GGG is nowhere near their size.

I'm simply saying, calling GGG a a big strong beast when you're bigger than everyone in the division is a bit strange.

And if he's just referring to GGG's reputation as a strong guy who destroys people, that was a corny way of describing GGG.
          Of course that's why he's saying that. GGG probably is stronger or at least a harder puncher anyways. That said, why would he belittle a future opponent? He wouldn't, if he's even remotely intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            Yeah all these boxers are all about money only, and i don't blame them for it.
            I would be also knowing that in my 50's i have a 50/50 chance of being a vegetable.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
              Of course that's why he's saying that. GGG probably is stronger or at least a harder puncher anyways. That said, why would he belittle a future opponent? He wouldn't, if he's even remotely intelligent.
              It was a corny way of describing GGG.

GGG is one of the smaller guys in the division. Stature and weight wise. People act like he's walking around at 200lb and is 6'2. He's fairly small for a middleweight.

Jacobs and Charlo are huuuuge for that weightclass.

But yeah, of course he shouldn't belittle him. GGG wouldn't belittle him either. He just has changed his eager attitude though. I've seen him hype and eager and excited about the chance to beat GGG. He was very confident. This interview, it changed up a bit. Not saying that he isn't confident though. Just saying he doesn't have that same energy behind is words as he's shown before last Saturday.

He's gonna have to wait a year no matter what, in order to get his Gennady shot. He might has well, in the meantime, raise his stock and fight somebody worth a damn so that once he reaches GGG, it will be that much of a bigger fight. Him and Jacobs would be fireworks.

Comment

His brain malfunctioned for 2 seconds there but I believe he would fight him

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                  ya...except this time sanchez cant cry and tell charlo to get in line because charlo is already in line...#1 in fact for the wbc strap....

but at least you recognize that there are similarties...cause sanchez dismissed them both as opponents and called into question how known they are

but charlo has 3 straight highlight reel ko's on boxings #1 network...so hes known and his style is friendly

there also already telling us saunders is pricing himself out and talking about murata...lol
                  The difference is, lara never made any attempts to fight any other middleweights. Charlo has. But he still wants a jazillion dollars for it. And that he hasnt earned. Lol

Comment

Looks like he wants no part of Jacobs.
                    GGG can only fight one guy at a time,
                    which he is very aware of.
                    Charlo wants another undercard fight.
                    Kills me.

Comment

Charlo knows how the business works and that a GGG fight is not on the radar for a little while at least. The Jacobs fight is what will make his name at 160 and put him in the driver's seat for a big showdown with GGG. If he destroys Jacobs, how does GGG avoid a fight with him at that point? GGG has Canelo and BJS most likely as his next 2 opponents. These other guys shouldn't be sitting on their asses waiting for a fight that's way out of sight at the moment.

And where the fk is Andrade? He went radio silent now. Its gonna be another year before we see him vs another middling talent at 160?

Comment

Working...
                      X