Collapse
No announcement yet.

The prospect game

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad I made this as I've not heard of so many listed. I'll be sure to check them out

Comment

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
      what do you think about Calum French?
      He's solid and well schooled but I don't see as much talent there as the McCormack brothers (and Pat is a level above Luke also imo)

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
        Sadriddin Akhmedov, Radzhab Butaev, Mohammed Rabii, Vergil Ortiz and KJ Cataraja. Don't know whether they will win titles but these five young punchers will be exciting to follow at least

Going to have to check these really only know of Butaev. I believe he's pulled out of the wbss? I heavily favoured him to win that too that would of been great for his career.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Going to have to check these really only know of Butaev. I believe he's pulled out of the wbss? I heavily favoured him to win that too that would of been great for his career.
          He was supposed to take part in that WBC tournament promoted by Evander Holyfield but got injured. When he signed up I thought it might have been too soon for him but after having watched it I think he could have beaten any of them even at this early point of his career, so yeah it's a shame he missed that opportunity

Comment

Josh Kelley
            Anthony Yarde
            Vlad Sirenko
            Joe Joyce
            Dan Dubois

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
              Selby too in that case. He already beat the guy who now holds the WBC and is surely on the cusp of a title shot
              True, and he's 29 with a good amateur background, just like Taylor. I don't consider either prospects any more, proven amateurs and 10/10+ fights , already fighting at world level....

I tried to pick younger guys with a handful of fights, apart from Yarde, but he doesn't have the amateur background and is still very much a prospect.

Comment

not sure I could name many as I have missed a lot of undercard fights lately and missed a few prospects fights but from what i know or little i have seen ill go with these 5

Joshua Buatsi

Michael Conlan

Devin Haney

Daniel Dubois

Jaime Munguia

Comment

Michael Conlan
                  Daniyar yeleussinov
                  Josh Kelly
                  Shakur Stevenson
                  Alexey Egorov

It's ain't gonna pretend it's a particularly well researched list - ain't got the time to keep up with the upcoming prospects any more so it's basically some fairly well known ams who've have turned pro and I think might have have what it takes.

Comment

my prospect pick is announcing a USA debut just 10 minutes after I called it thats gotta be worth points already

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=781287

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                      Glad I made this as I've not heard of so many listed. I'll be sure to check them out
                      Check out this young guy Lee McGregor, he trains with Josh Taylor. 21 years old, 5,7 1/2" at bantamweight. Won't be surprised if he wins titles at 118, 122, 126, 130, 135 and 140

Comment

Working...
                      X