Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua: "95%" Certain That Wilder Fight Will Happen in 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, if Wilder is guaranteeing AJ at least $50 million, then he should decide where they fight. If AJ would give Wilder a $30 or $40 million guarantee with some split in favor of AJ, then AJ could decide. But Hearn gave a $12.5 FLAT FEE offer, take it or leave it.

And then AJ said offer me $50 million and I will sign that day. He didn't say give me $50 million, and it will have to be fought where I want, and it will be the day I want, and this and that. He said $50 million, and we got a fight. They thought Wilder was kidding when he said it would do at least $100 million. When Wilder came back with the offer, Hearn literally said, he did not trust Al Haymon, Showtime and Finkel to honor a contract they sign. And then he said, he could not negotiate because he likes to call people offering his client $50 million names. Yea, AJ wants the fight, but not if that means Hearn has to negotiate and can't call names like a third grader.

AJ said $50 million and we have a fight. Now he has that and now he wants to make other demands.

If Hearn can give Wilder at least a $40 million guarantee in England, let him offer that. The location will definitely effect the ppv buys. Honestly, I think if it happens in the U.S. it will do much better financially. There is a million in the U.K. who would buy an AJ fight, and at least 70% probably will buy it no matter what time it is. But you have a ppv boxing show on at 5 in the afternoon, just 2 o'clock on the West Coast, and Americans aren't going to buy it. Plain and simple. If it is on a Saturday night U.S. time, it will be the best non-Mayweather number ever. If Hearn can guarantee Wilder similar pay to what Wilder has offered AJ, then Wilder would go over there just like Errol Spence did. But if the both fighters get over $10 million more if it is in the U.S. then well, money talks and bull**** walks. $50 million guarantee is not bull****. A flat fee of $12 million is bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
      What are you talking about? Did you real the article or watch the interview? Selling his belts has nothing to do with promotional options on future fights anyway.

The guy said accepting the 50M without control over the Wilder fight would be like selling his belts. Not sure how you sell something and keep it so I can only surmise that he isn't confident in a win vs Wilder.
      He means he's not going to just take the fight for the money without knowing what is actually in the contract. That's what he means by not selling his titles. Nothing to do with him not believing he can win.

Comment

Originally posted by Just looking View Post
        Some people should give more value to their word. “I’ll take 50 million up front. If that’s the case, Wilder’s team bring me 50 million up front and we’ll take the fight.” Then when the money is there "that's not about it..."
        Shameful
        you must be dumb then, where is the money 😗?

Comment

Originally posted by lex_fugitive View Post
          Hey, if Wilder is guaranteeing AJ at least $50 million, then he should decide where they fight. If AJ would give Wilder a $30 or $40 million guarantee with some split in favor of AJ, then AJ could decide. But Hearn gave a $12.5 FLAT FEE offer, take it or leave it.

And then AJ said offer me $50 million and I will sign that day. He didn't say give me $50 million, and it will have to be fought where I want, and it will be the day I want, and this and that. He said $50 million, and we got a fight. They thought Wilder was kidding when he said it would do at least $100 million. When Wilder came back with the offer, Hearn literally said, he did not trust Al Haymon, Showtime and Finkel to honor a contract they sign. And then he said, he could not negotiate because he likes to call people offering his client $50 million names. Yea, AJ wants the fight, but not if that means Hearn has to negotiate and can't call names like a third grader.

AJ said $50 million and we have a fight. Now he has that and now he wants to make other demands.

If Hearn can give Wilder at least a $40 million guarantee in England, let him offer that. The location will definitely effect the ppv buys. Honestly, I think if it happens in the U.S. it will do much better financially. There is a million in the U.K. who would buy an AJ fight, and at least 70% probably will buy it no matter what time it is. But you have a ppv boxing show on at 5 in the afternoon, just 2 o'clock on the West Coast, and Americans aren't going to buy it. Plain and simple. If it is on a Saturday night U.S. time, it will be the best non-Mayweather number ever. If Hearn can guarantee Wilder similar pay to what Wilder has offered AJ, then Wilder would go over there just like Errol Spence did. But if the both fighters get over $10 million more if it is in the U.S. then well, money talks and bull**** walks. $50 million guarantee is not bull****. A flat fee of $12 million is bull****.
          AJ isn't demanding the fight is in the UK, just that he would prefer to have the fight at home. If the money is legit and the contract is to his liking, i'm sure he'll fight in the states if he has to.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
            Yeah first he demanded 50 million. When they offered it to him then his team demanded a meeting. Then they got a meeting and now it’s they don’t want to surrender control to Wilders team lol. It will be one thing after another but you can see Wilders team is working hard to make it happen. Hopefully we can get A good undercard.
            Please when did wilder team accept meeting hearn? Was it the meeting that was canceled twice? Am confused here.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
              Not to largely unknown fighters it won't.

Posters thinking this is going to be a PPV hit in America is nothing short of being in the dream world if i'm being perfectly honest.
              Proper promotion and the right opponent can get a fighters initial ppv to 500k plus. As far as this ppv hit stuff, you're literally arguing against a point that I didnt make and haven't read.

You wanna call Wilder unknown, fine, just don't reply to me with it.

Comment

He means he's not going to just take the fight for the money without knowing what is actually in the contract. That's what he means by not selling his titles. Nothing to do with him not believing he can win.
                He said "sell my titles". Not sure how that can be interpreted any way else.

I see you guys like to create/change the meaning of quotes to suit your agenda. Sorry man. Not having that here.

Comment

AJ isn't demanding the fight is in the UK, just that he would prefer to have the fight at home. If the money is legit and the contract is to his liking, i'm sure he'll fight in the states if he has to.
                  I actually agree with you on that. I believe AJ will, because I believe AJ wants the fight. I'm not so sure about Eddie though. Hearn knows he is going to have to let AJ fight Wilder sometime, but he wants to get as many sure-fire wins in as possible before that happens. Wilder wants the fight, AJ wants the fight...

Hearn knows AJ brings in over $10 mill a fight, but if he loses, that number will drop. It might drop significantly. Hearn is like every other promoter, he wants to protect his cash cow as much as he can.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                    He said "sell my titles". Not sure how that can be interpreted any way else.

I see you guys like to create/change the meaning of quotes to suit your agenda. Sorry man. Not having that here.
                    It was an unfortunate choice of words, but it's clear what he meant. There's no agenda here. But with AJ haters, they'll latch on to anything they can to support their negative view of him.

Comment

It was an unfortunate choice of words, but it's clear what he meant. There's no agenda here. But with AJ haters, they'll latch on to anything they can to support their negative view of him.
                      You are no better because you are presuming that you know what he meant by a statement that could be interpreted multiple ways. You have latched on to the interpretation which supports your positive view of him. You seem to do that with everything Joshua or Hearn says.

Comment

Working...
                      X