Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could rewrite Boxing history, what would you change?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    When would this have happened? People always seem to get lost in time with this Floyd/Shane stuff. Floyd didn't even win a 130lb title til Oct. 1998. He doesn't move up to 135 til 2002. Meanwhile SSM left 135 in Apr. 1999. Floyd & Shane were never in the same division at the same time til 2006 (Shane age 35, Floyd age 29) & between Shane losing to Cotto, his tooth issue + Floyd general inactivity til that time it stretched out their meeting til 2010.

/Shane vs Floyd rant lol
    Shane was calling Floyd to move up to 135 to fight him and Floyd refused. This was back in '99 when Floyd was running his mouth about Shane.

The tooth issue has been covered ad nauseam. Mosley asked for an additional 30 days to recover from a loose tooth and Floyd used that as his out.

Here's an interview with Shane that discussed fights at 135 and toothache claims.

Q: After the fight you actually challenged Floyd Mayweather and many observers, according to what I have read, noted that Mayweather appeared intimidated by you. Did you get that impression at the time?

A: Well, I’ve always known that Floyd is intimidated by me. I mean, I see him out at different places and he’s intimidated, he doesn’t really want to fight me. He would much rather fight guys that he could handpick and get victories from and basically just get money. He can make money fighting Marquez, make money fighting (Manny) Pacquiao, and make money fighting the Ricky Hattons of the world, but when is he going to get in there with a welterweight again? With a real welterweight? I mean, there’s myself—the number one welterweight—and there’s (Miguel) Cotto,(Joshua) Clottey, and (Andre) Berto. We have four welterweights that he hasn’t fought.

Q: After you challenged him, a week later, Mayweather wished you good luck in your career which seemed to indicate he’s not interested in fighting you. He also mentioned that he challenged you twice, and he claims that you turned him down back in 1999 and again in 2006. Did you really turn him down?

A: Like I said, he’s really a liar. He likes to lie a lot. In 1999 there’s a film where he’s fighting in Michigan when he was fighting at 130 and I was fighting at 135, and I asked him, like when HBO does the prefight analysts talk to the fighters before they fight. I talked to him, and hopefully it’s recorded somewhere—I think it was on FX—I asked him, “Are you planning on coming up to lightweight to fight me?” And he said, “No,” He had no intention of coming to lightweight to fight me, he wanted t beat Carlos Monzon’s record. He didn’t want to come to lightweight. That’s when I jumped from lightweight to welterweight to fight Oscar De La Hoya. That was the first incident that he’s talking about, so he turned me down in 1999.

Now, the other time he’s talking about is when I fought three times—one, two, three, back-to-back-to-back—and they tried to rush me to fight him right away, like two or three months later. I said, give me a month, and we’ll do it like, I think it was in January—I said, “We’ll do it in January”. They wanted to do it in like November or December, and I said, “Give me a month and we’ll do it in January or February.” They didn’t want to do that. So they chose to fight Oscar De La Hoya. I said, “Go ahead and fight Oscar, and if you beat Oscar, then let’s get busy. Let’s do this.” He beat Oscar—he didn’t want to fight me.

He’s been turning me down. I hate when he continues to say, “Oh, he turned me down because of a tooth ache”. Yeah. I got head butted in that fight that and my tooth was loose that night. They asked me to fight Mayweather and I said, “Give me an extra month, and I’ll fight him.” He didn’t want to fight me, which was cool. He could go and fight Oscar because that’s more money. Okay. That’s cool, but after that fight if you win—fight me. He didn’t want to do that. He chose to retire or fight somebody else. I’m getting tired of that lie! They need to wipe that lie out of there. The reporters and stuff, they keep saying it, so that lie needs to be talked about.

Comment

floyd never being born

Comment

Manny agreeing to be tested in 2009/10. Manny not getting unnecessary stitches when he was "ok to fight" once Floyd got his jail start date extended.

Richard Steele not stopping the Taylor/Chavez fight.

Tyson not going to Desiree Washington's room and Tyson getting an actual lawyer for his trial.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Manny agreeing to be tested in 2009/10. Manny not getting unnecessary stitches when he was "ok to fight" once Floyd got his jail start date extended.

Richard Steele not stopping the Taylor/Chavez fight.

Tyson not going to Desiree Washington's room and Tyson getting an actual lawyer for his trial.
          lol you still run with this even though it was proven to be a bluff by floyd. unreal. its like the world ended in 2010 for you and you never found out that floyd was going to change his demands when pac agreed. cept the world didn't end buddy we are ok! you can come out of your bunker! floyd did the exact exact same thing against winky. when winky agreed to his crazy demands he changed the money. sound familiar?

i really hope you arent this gullible in real life. maybe its just your floyd fandom that disrupts your brain waves. if someone tells another person to do something and they will do what they want and then that person does the thing they were supposed to and the person doesnt do what they want....that means they were full of sh-it and were never going to do it. the "if you had done it earlier then i wold have given you what you wanted" is literally something little kids say as an argument. when hundreds of millions of dollars are on the line and you are on record saying all he has to do is take the test, then he agrees and you change the demands to something laughable. you got exposed. only way you can still be on floyds side is if you are in 2010 still. are you trapped there? do we need to send in marty mcfly to rescue you?
          Last edited by daggum; 05-07-2018, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
            1. Roy Jones never goes back down to 175 and instead fights Lennox or Tyson at heavyweight.

2. DLH fights winner of Cotto-Margarito instead of dropping down to 145 to fight Pacquiao.

3. Paul Williams, Edwin Valero, and Diego Corrales never buy bikes
            1. Floyd Mayweather actually grows a pair of balls and doesn't duck Pacquiao and many other fighters, this would result in Floyd losing multiple times.

2. Go back in time and convince Sonny Liston to not throw both fights with Muhammad Ali.

3. Make Lennox Lewis actually give Vitali Klitschko the rematch he deserved.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              lol you still run with this even though it was proven to be a bluff by floyd. unreal. its like the world ended in 2010 for you and you never found out that floyd was going to change his demands when pac agreed. cept the world didn't end buddy we are ok! you can come out of your bunker! floyd did the exact exact same thing against winky. when winky agreed to his crazy demands he changed the money. sound familiar?
              These Floyd peasants keep echoing fake news they get all their information off of CNN and MSNBC they also think Pacquiao is a Russian agent.
              Absolute no denying it, Floyd wanted nothing to do with a Pinoy lad who done it all the hard way to get to exactly where he is unlike Floyd who piggybacked off of others like Bob Arum and dodgy ass decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                Shane was calling Floyd to move up to 135 to fight him and Floyd refused. This was back in '99 when Floyd was running his mouth about Shane.

The tooth issue has been covered ad nauseam. Mosley asked for an additional 30 days to recover from a loose tooth and Floyd used that as his out.

Here's an interview with Shane that discussed fights at 135 and toothache claims.

Q: After the fight you actually challenged Floyd Mayweather and many observers, according to what I have read, noted that Mayweather appeared intimidated by you. Did you get that impression at the time?

A: Well, I’ve always known that Floyd is intimidated by me. I mean, I see him out at different places and he’s intimidated, he doesn’t really want to fight me. He would much rather fight guys that he could handpick and get victories from and basically just get money. He can make money fighting Marquez, make money fighting (Manny) Pacquiao, and make money fighting the Ricky Hattons of the world, but when is he going to get in there with a welterweight again? With a real welterweight? I mean, there’s myself—the number one welterweight—and there’s (Miguel) Cotto,(Joshua) Clottey, and (Andre) Berto. We have four welterweights that he hasn’t fought.

Q: After you challenged him, a week later, Mayweather wished you good luck in your career which seemed to indicate he’s not interested in fighting you. He also mentioned that he challenged you twice, and he claims that you turned him down back in 1999 and again in 2006. Did you really turn him down?

A: Like I said, he’s really a liar. He likes to lie a lot. In 1999 there’s a film where he’s fighting in Michigan when he was fighting at 130 and I was fighting at 135, and I asked him, like when HBO does the prefight analysts talk to the fighters before they fight. I talked to him, and hopefully it’s recorded somewhere—I think it was on FX—I asked him, “Are you planning on coming up to lightweight to fight me?” And he said, “No,” He had no intention of coming to lightweight to fight me, he wanted t beat Carlos Monzon’s record. He didn’t want to come to lightweight. That’s when I jumped from lightweight to welterweight to fight Oscar De La Hoya. That was the first incident that he’s talking about, so he turned me down in 1999.

Now, the other time he’s talking about is when I fought three times—one, two, three, back-to-back-to-back—and they tried to rush me to fight him right away, like two or three months later. I said, give me a month, and we’ll do it like, I think it was in January—I said, “We’ll do it in January”. They wanted to do it in like November or December, and I said, “Give me a month and we’ll do it in January or February.” They didn’t want to do that. So they chose to fight Oscar De La Hoya. I said, “Go ahead and fight Oscar, and if you beat Oscar, then let’s get busy. Let’s do this.” He beat Oscar—he didn’t want to fight me.

He’s been turning me down. I hate when he continues to say, “Oh, he turned me down because of a tooth ache”. Yeah. I got head butted in that fight that and my tooth was loose that night. They asked me to fight Mayweather and I said, “Give me an extra month, and I’ll fight him.” He didn’t want to fight me, which was cool. He could go and fight Oscar because that’s more money. Okay. That’s cool, but after that fight if you win—fight me. He didn’t want to do that. He chose to retire or fight somebody else. I’m getting tired of that lie! They need to wipe that lie out of there. The reporters and stuff, they keep saying it, so that lie needs to be talked about.
                I love SSM, dude was bad ass, but there is lil doubt he's ******ed with his recollection with a lot of things involving boxing, opponents, PED usage, his wife & various other strippers who've been sugar baby'd by him.

So I'm to believe a 30 something & 0, P4P discussed guy with 5+ 135lb defenses was trying to fight Floyd passionately sometime between when Floyd's best opponent was Tony Pep & in the 5mos they were #1 at 130 & 135 before SSM jumped to 147 & Floyd wasn't even Floyd yet so idk why Shane woulda even wanted to fight him back then.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
                  - I'd force Mayweather to fight Pac when Pac was prime, instead of ducking him until he was washed up

- I'd force Mayweather to fight prime Cotto, Kostya Tzyu, Margarito, Paul Spadafora, non ancient Mosley, Hatton at 140, Paul Williams..basically all the fighters he ducked
                  LOL. This is good. Some kids will never learn.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

i really hope you arent this gullible in real life. maybe its just your floyd fandom that disrupts your brain waves. if someone tells another person to do something and they will do what they want and then that person does the thing they were supposed to and the person doesnt do what they want....that means they were full of sh-it and were never going to do it. the "if you had done it earlier then i wold have given you what you wanted" is literally something little kids say as an argument. when hundreds of millions of dollars are on the line and you are on record saying all he has to do is take the test, then he agrees and you change the demands to something laughable. you got exposed. only way you can still be on floyds side is if you are in 2010 still. are you trapped there? do we need to send in marty mcfly to rescue you?
                    Proven as a bluff? Geez daggum! We get it, you hate Floyd so you pretend he was bluffing. You've been shown to be a biased troll so your account of what happened is neither accurate, factual or honest.

I notice you didn't mention anything about the fake stitches. That fiasco shows that Manny/Bob were delaying the fight with Floyd as long as possible.

Doesn't really matter. They fought. Manny lost 10-2 or 9-3 on every rational scorecard in the free world. Had they fought earlier, when Manny was fresher and floyd was younger, faster and stronger it would've been same or worse.

Manny has never been as good as Floyd any day of his life. I'm sorry you can't accept that.

Comment

1) Floyd and Pacquiao fight sooner

2) Ike Ibeabuchi doesn't go insane after the David Tua fight--- going to war with David Tua, no wonder he became deranged =/

3) Roy Jones Jr. retires after beating John Ruiz

4) Cus D'Amoto lives several years longer

5) Golovkin gets a good promoter after the Olympics and doesn't get stuck with that craphole of a promotional team

6) Salvador Sanchez doesn't die so young

7) Marvin Hagler received his rematch against Leonard

Comment

Working...
                      X