Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Promoter Noncommittal Regarding IBF Mandatory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Lil g truly cared about unifying all the belts and legacy etc, he should have just fought his mando on May 5th instead of this cherry fight with Vanes.

Comment

We already knew that. GGG is planning on selling his soul. I meant belt to the devil.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
        They're a delusional bunch. I'm always on the side of business for these guys. They get beat up for a living lol They should make as much as possible whike healthy.

Besides that belt will create some solid traffic at MW.
        COULDNT of said it better myself. Nice

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
          oh trust me my dude I agree with you 100, problem i have is all these gggroupies accused canelo of ducking when canelo vacated so he can secure a bigger peice of the pie himself... but will turn around and defend this now...
          I would agree if the circumstances were the same.

Part of the agreement, contractually actually, was that the winner of Cotto/Canelo had to fight GGG next - a well known, lucrative, 2 belt owner, recognized as the #1 middleweight. (it would have still been Canelo's biggest payday ever) If they chose not to, that belt would go to GGG. Canelo was in his prime, GGG was certainly wasn't in his boxing prime years.

Now, had that not been agree to by both parties and had they not been aware of that condition, then I'd have no issue at all with Canelo dropping the belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
            The IBF belt will result in either Derevyenchko v. Jacobs/or Charlo.

GGG should just vacate it now lol we need that fight.

Too much congestion in the MW division.
            This I agree with?

Instresting??? Wonder if Charlo give up his #1 spot in the WBC for the IBF??

Then Jacob's would be #1??

Jacob's in a very good spot. Either fight his friend for the vacant title or be the #1 WBC???

I was Jacob's I would pass on the IBF belt and get the #1 WBC ranking and hope Canelo beat GGG.

But Charlo could do the same???

Fuk the IBF might have to go all the way down to #6 Andrade for them to fight for title....

Sergiy vs. Andrade

Comment

Yeah I think both Charlo and Jacob's pass on IBF hoping chance fight Canelo....

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                As a fan of the boxer i'll call it shameless if he turns around and goes this route. I get that there is a rematch with big money on the line but at least make a commitment to fight the guy after the rematch to keep his heels cooled. September 2017 to May 2018 is a big gap where he could squeeze in that mandatory if they'd only negotiate. You cannot have your cake and eat it too.
                Indeed. Not sure why they weren't on the phone with SD as soon as Alvarez popped positive. The back up plan should have been in place in March and contracts signed the day the NSAC moved the hearing from the 13th of April to the 18th. I will say though, the way this unfolded says a lot about how they view SD. Too dangerous to fight without a full 8 weeks to strategize.

Comment

If Bumlovkin vacates the IBF trinket then I think we can all reasonably conclude that the Ward fight was a duck..

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                    Mr legacy though, I’m staying at 160 till i unify though, all bs excuses to never move up or down to test himself. Shameful, and even more shameful all you ggg fans ate that sh.it all the way up. Fools
                    Just worry about yourself we're fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                      This I agree with?

Instresting??? Wonder if Charlo give up his #1 spot in the WBC for the IBF??

Then Jacob's would be #1??

Jacob's in a very good spot. Either fight his friend for the vacant title or be the #1 WBC???

I was Jacob's I would pass on the IBF belt and get the #1 WBC ranking and hope Canelo beat GGG.

But Charlo could do the same???

Fuk the IBF might have to go all the way down to #6 Andrade for them to fight for title....

Sergiy vs. Andrade
                      I think you got it right the first time. Jacobs will wait it out, Charlo (pbc) and Derevychenko (Dibella/pbc) will meet in August for the IBF. Then Jacobs will be sitting as both the WBA and WBC mandatory.

Comment

Working...
                      X