Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Promoter Noncommittal Regarding IBF Mandatory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IBF doesn't matter...GGG Does...Common sense needed, 30 days 2 negotiate & sign, then train...120 day's...even w/ an ezy, non-tasking fight he needs time 2 let his body rest & recoup b4 starting the training grind again...

Comment

Haha he's dropping the belt. And Sergiey is like Just give me my belt.

GGG fans pot meet kettle

Comment

Simple solution: Agree to fight him - start negotiating with Canelo after May 5th - GBP will want negotiations done fairly quickly so they can "properly promote" the fight - if negotiations fall through by a certain deadline for Canelo, move on to Sergiy and fight him in August.

People who don't like Gennady are thinking this is the hardest choice ever in life and think he's stuck between a rock and a hard place. He's really not. An opportunity to make $15 to 20m towards the end of your career by far outweighs dropping a belt, knowing you'd still own 2 others.

Instead, people are too concerned with the narrative of "if Gennady chooses the biggest money fight of his career, towards the end of his career, over an IBF belt, then he is just like everyone else, and it shows he cares about money". Newsflash, alllll boxers care about money. Especially towards the end of their career, if the opportunity presents itself.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
          As a fan of the boxer i'll call it shameless if he turns around and goes this route. I get that there is a rematch with big money on the line but at least make a commitment to fight the guy after the rematch to keep his heels cooled. September 2017 to May 2018 is a big gap where he could squeeze in that mandatory if they'd only negotiate. You cannot have your cake and eat it too.
          He had a chance to fight his mandatory this weekend but chose instead to pull a guy out if retirement and move him up to MW.

This is ALL GGG's Fault. Canelo didnt tell him to fight Vanes

Comment

Originally posted by chubuk7 View Post
            Business as usual. Your wallet or your belt, nothing wrong with this.
            oh trust me my dude I agree with you 100, problem i have is all these gggroupies accused canelo of ducking when canelo vacated so he can secure a bigger peice of the pie himself... but will turn around and defend this now...

Comment

The IBF belt will result in either Derevyenchko v. Jacobs/or Charlo.

GGG should just vacate it now lol we need that fight.

Too much congestion in the MW division.

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                oh trust me my dude I agree with you 100, problem i have is all these gggroupies accused canelo of ducking when canelo vacated so he can secure a bigger peice of the pie himself... but will turn around and defend this now...
                And I plan on returning the favor when GGG vacates the belt....

Comment

Nevada and the IBO both called this fight a mismatch and neither one thinks the fight should take place. Horrible fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                    They're a delusional bunch. I'm always on the side of business for these guys. They get beat up for a living lol They should make as much as possible whike healthy.

Besides that belt will create some solid traffic at MW.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                      And I plan on returning the favor when GGG vacates the belt....
                      Lmao touché and i second that!

Comment

Working...
                      X