Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs-Sulecki Peaked at 874K Viewers, Averaged 811K on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
    Showtime has less subscribers than HBO. HBO should constantly being doing bigger numbers than Showtime. Showtime's viewing numbers have also dropped a bit due to the fact that they stream fights on their Showtime app. I've been watching Showtime fights for the past 2 years on their app via Amazon Prime. Nielsen ratings don't count those and I'm sure there's a lot of people who watch via the app. Nieseln ratings are obsolete now for Showtime, HBO keeps those ratings in mind because they don't offer live streaming of their fights through their HBO apps. Only way you u could live stream their live fights for example, is if you use the Direct TV app and are subscribed to HBO.
    Wait, prime users get Showtime for free? Lol if so, I've wasted some money lol b/c I have both.

Edit: nevermind, it's the same price.
    Last edited by Butch.McRae; 05-01-2018, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
      Wilder does 1 million plus on average. The Spzika fight was an anomoly not the rule as demonstrated by the link below. Wilder is the #1 viewed fighter in the states right now

https://www.badlefthook.com/2016/1/2...n-for-showtime
      Again you have to disregard the first stiverne fight it was during a totally different landscape/era for Showtime. Across the board nothing Showtime boxing is doing what they did pre PBC/Golden Boy breakup. Since PBC Wilder has fought 3 times on Showtime only once did he do 1m. 500K against Szpika and 800K against in rematch with Stiverne with a loaded undercard including Shawn Porter. Broner doesn't have have the drop offs in ratings even when he fights Szpika level opponents and pulls ratings regardless where his fight is and who is on his undercard. Wilder if he has the right opponent and right undercard draws very high on showtime otherwise he does slightly above what their avg cards do. Broner draws high regardless and if you put him in with the right opponent say a Thurman, Danny Garcia, Errol Spence you don't think he draw more then Wilder/Ortiz did (1M viewers)? He is drawing 800K with Granados journey men and middle of the pack no draw Vargas. If Wilder fights another Szpika opponent you think he is drawing more then Broner/Granados?

We can shyt on Broner all we want but his tv ratings speak for themselves.
      Last edited by bigdunny1; 05-01-2018, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
        Wait, prime users get Showtime for free? Lol if so, I've wasted some money lol b/c I have both.

Edit: nevermind, it's the same price.
        NO it's actually $8.99 through Prime. I believe it's $10.99 as a Showtime app though.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          I read an interview last week where Espinoza said he could’ve made Wilder-Ortiz a PPV. No question, the Wilder and Broner draw significant ratings.
          Of course I could believe that. That fight was good ! I must admit one more lost and it's a wrap for broner.

Comment

Solid numbers. Not great, but solid.
            Jacob isnt a star he wont get more than 1M.

And he fought a nobody

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              Nice views, but 7K at the gate? For 2 guys from Brooklyn? That SUCKS!
              Exactly what I was thinking!!

Comment

I didn't expect Jacobs to get that much viewership. Those numbers are better than I thought they would be.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  yes he is. Wilder can draw more if you place him with the right opponent. But he drew just 500K on showtime against Szpilka just for example. Broner has proven he can draw almost 800K viewers no matter who you put him in with. Did it last year against a journeyman Granados. And 2 weeks ago the entire broadcast did only 400-500 viewers then spiked up to 800K viewer just to see him in the main event. You don't give Wilder a good opponent or big names on his undercard his ratings are less then Broners. He might be a train wreck but he is the most consistent and high ratings generator for Showtime right now.
                  He did 824k for Stiverne II. I didn't know Stiverne & Ortiz were big draw B-sides.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    Stiverne is not a big name. So no, that’s not true. The days of Spilzka ratings are over.
                    Wilder v. Stiverne II was a fight nobody wanted. Stiverne hadn't fought in almost 2 years. But bigdunny thinks Stiverne is a B-side draw

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                      Had nothing to do with Golden Boy. Showtime was letting people watch for free.

I know, I was one of those viewers.(Now I have the app so I'm not counted in viewership numbers. Actually none of my close friends are b/c we all pay for their app lol)
                      Yep it was post-Floyd not post Golden Boy. When you bought the Floyd PPV you got 6 months free. Buy 2 Floyd fights and that's a whole year free

Comment

Working...
                      X