Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Manager Contacts Hearn, Reacts To 'Publicity Stunt' Claim

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
    Time to sit down and chop this up, no more excuses
    Bit hard when "Until then, it would be non-productive to meet."

Why don't they want to meet and sort it out if it's a legit offer?

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
      thats literally not how it works. contracts are late stage in the deal making process, usually first, both parties actually have to want to make a deal. Then theres usually a deal sheet that lays out the basics, which is what was probably what was sent to Hearn. From there, both parties come together with their attorneys and work up a contract.
      Yeah, this reminds me of the Pacquaio situation where there was mysterious money in Dubai. I'd love to see the fight happen, but the money seems unreal. I'm not sure the fight makes that kind of money.

Comment

What would AJ and Hearn being agreeing to? There is nothing in writing that explains their side of the negotiation, a contract or an outline of where this money is coming from, where they want to fight or any other details. Bumsquad bumming around!

Comment

For those of you AJ fans, deals are first made before contracts are sent in most reasonable businesses worldwide. They are not going to shake hands and get in the ring, they are going to have to sign a piece of paper first.

The idea of Finkel showing where the money came from just shows where Hearn and AJ stands in all this. Why not just say "sure I will accept if you show me where the money came from right after". Why do they even need to know where the money came from? Wondering if it's drug money or what? Anyone asked where the $12.5 million was coming from? Hearn and AJ don't want this fight else they would have jumped at this or atleast call Wilder's bluff. It's just a deal not a contract. Accept it cuz thatz what you asked for?

Then Hearn said something like " tell us where the money came from and we will think about it" WTH? That sentence says everything. They want out.

Comment

Yikes...it sounds like Shirley is regretting making that offer...hopefully he won't owe too much money to J Prince lmao!

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
              Why do they care where the money is coming from
              Because they don't believe that they have secured a minimum of $50,000,000 to pay AJ.

IF the offer isn't BS, then AJ should accept it, even with the 50/50 split.

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post
                Yeah, this reminds me of the Pacquaio situation where there was mysterious money in Dubai. I'd love to see the fight happen, but the money seems unreal. I'm not sure the fight makes that kind of money.
                Except Haymon is a known commodity. He's been in the business how long? He's handled more million dollar events than just about anyone in boxing besides perhaps Arum. Let's stop with the conspiracy theories. Haymon ain't putting his name in no **** that's shady when it comes to money.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                  Why do they care where the money is coming from
                  Because that guaranteed money should be placed in an escrow account. What happens if the contract says AJ is to be payed by the newly formed Wilder LLC. The fight happens. It is not as successful as they had planned and Wilder LLC decides to file for bankruptcy. AJ will have to file a lawsuit and will likely not see the money that is being promised. That's just one possible scenario of how things could play out, but it is why they need to know where the money is coming from. Because in all likelihood, this fight will not generate enough money to pay AJ a 50m guarantee, and still pay Wilder. PPV provider takes half off the top. Most people forget that for some reason.

Comment

if wilders team says they have the 50m to back it up then they probably do. this is not haymons first rodeo.

Comment

It's going to be hilarious when this fight gets signed. About 90% of this forum swear it has no chance of happening and both guys are terrified.

The buildup will suck though as it won't be about the fight it's going to be about who was ducking the fight and trying to avoid it and who "doesn't want it" and then the post-fight will be more of the same from what's left of the losers fan base.

Comment

Working...
                      X