Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why cant boxing give us more cards like last night???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why cant boxing give us more cards like last night???

I wish boxing would give us cards like the one at barclays last night! We had 3 big names on one card which was dope af!! We had broner, tank, and charlo! Do you guys think this will become a trend in boxing? How awesome would it be for boxing to stack cards with multiple big name fighters all on the same card!?!! I really hope this starts to become the norm!!!

what do u guys think?

Originally posted by suffolkbull3 View Post
    I wish boxing would give us cards like the one at barclays last night! We had 3 big names on one card which was dope af!! We had broner, tank, and charlo! Do you guys think this will become a trend in boxing? How awesome would it be for boxing to stack cards with multiple big name fighters all on the same card!?!! I really hope this starts to become the norm!!!

what do u guys think?
    2 of the 3 fights were mismatches, man. Depends what you want to see, I guess. Myself I'd prefer competitive match-ups even if it's guys you don't know as well, but I acknowledge there is a certain pleasure to be had watching a guy you root for smack 12 colours of poop out of some hapless victim.

Comment

so called boxing fans will find some way to hate on this card...

Comment

I would have liked to see six big names fight eachother, but it was a solid night with three names, and one competitive fight haha.

I can't be mad, Showtime is putting in work so far this year!

Comment

im still a little miffed i got screwed out of seeing charlo knock centeno out at wilder/ortiz....would have loved to have been there when he called out lil g like that

Comment

More fights like Vargas Broner, the rest of the card was garbage. Davis now p4p elite cause he beat up featherweight coming off a 16 month layoff.

Comment

All fighting weak opponents. Wuz Up with it being for championship. Cueller was coming off a loss with Mares. Centeno had fought once in the last year and against a weak opponent. Yea this fighters looks good with mismatches.

Comment

yeah it was wicked man!!!!! we got to see tank and charlo beat up a couple of hot dog sellers on the undercard rather than fighting people on there own level, and as a result the card was headlined by two fighters considerably worse than them. thank you so much al haymon, youre keeping boxing alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah, not so much, though I did enjoy the Broner/Vargas fight quite a lot. The other 2 fights, as has been mentioned, were mismatches and told us very little about the winners (told me a little about Centano though, I wrongly expected more from him).

Comment

Because nobody else has the roster Haymon does.....

Comment

Working...
                    X