Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you expect Vanes to perform his first fight back out of retirement moving up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
    Meh. It's a point of detail and probably doesn't really matter, but it's still a factual inaccuracy an you got in it the thread title.

And quite possibly it is promotional issues - or something - has the dude even got a promoter since he left Haymon and Brown? Certainly he says he's been looking for fights, but not having a promoter would count as 'promotional issues' in my book, and could prove a major hinderance to getting fights even if uncle Al doesn't bear grudge.
    He's with Don King. The man who can get you a WBC mandatory fight after 2 years of retirement. Vanes was on the Bradley route to retirement. No official announcement but no fights scheduled & no possible fights on the horizon. He was essentially retired

Comment

Vanes fights very negative so even though GGG is all but guaranteed to win, this has the makings of him looking 'bad' in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        He's with Don King. The man who can get you a WBC mandatory fight after 2 years of retirement. Vanes was on the Bradley route to retirement. No official announcement but no fights scheduled & no possible fights on the horizon. He was essentially retired
        Ha ha. The bolded is the key here. Not actually retired. Like I say a point of detail, but hey, I'm not sweating it... it's just that the error was the only thing that brought me to thread.

As for rest though...yeah, did not realise he'd signed with King, but despite his claims that he's been looking for fights there hasn't been anything even rumoured over the last year - at least not that I can find. Inactive then, perhaps you could say?

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
          GGG went to the morgue and dragged out a corpse to batter on May 5th.

This cherry pick makes Garcia/Salka seem decent in comparison.

Lil g can't prepare for his mandatory in short notice but Vanes can prepare for Golovkin in three weeks. Shameful.

This abomination should not even be sanctioned.
          Bu,bu,but vanes in the gym year round doe

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            Ha ha. The bolded is the key here. Not actually retired. Like I say a point of detail, but hey, I'm not sweating it... it's just that the error was the only thing that brought me to thread.

As for rest though...yeah, did not realise he'd signed with King, but despite his claims that he's been looking for fights there hasn't been anything even rumoured over the last year - at least not that I can find. Inactive then, perhaps you could say?
            I'm trying to irritate GGG fans

Comment

I'm trying to irritate GGG fans
              Ha ha. Fair enough, man. Far be it from me to mess with a man's entertainment.. the few (very few) who claim this is an acceptable fight probably deserve it.

Comment

He was never really all that great to begin with. First fight in two years in a new weight class against the top fighter in that division? He's gonna look like turds.

Comment

Hasn't fought in 2 years. No fights scheduled. No fights on the horizon. That's retired
                  The wbc actively trying to find him an opponent for a title eliminator = retired.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                    The wbc actively trying to find him an opponent for a title eliminator = retired.
                    There are 15 fighters ranked and He's with Don King. So you know what that means when it comes to the WBC.

Comment

He will get walked through which is why he was picked! It is only one fight get it out of the way and Hopefully his next fight is a big one even if it is Canelo in September.

Comment

Working...
                      X