Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Will Gervonta Davis Be The Next Mayweather or Broner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The winner of Lomachenko vs. Davis will be the "Next Mayweather." Neither one will probably make it to there financially, probably not even Canelo level. Loma has a chance though, because if he faces Pacquiao (assuming Pac beats Matthysse) @ 140, he could become a household name! Wheaties box type of **** there!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      The winner of Lomachenko vs. Davis will be the "Next Mayweather." Neither one will probably make it to there financially, probably not even Canelo level. Loma has a chance though, because if he faces Pacquiao (assuming Pac beats Matthysse) @ 140, he could become a household name! Wheaties box type of **** there!
      Pacquiao-Lomachencko reminds me of Pacquiao-DLH. Biggest difference is Manny’s drawing power has been on a huge decline since his loss to Floyd. When Manny fought DLH, Oscar was still the cash cow of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
        Pacquiao-Lomachencko reminds me of Pacquiao-DLH. Biggest difference is Manny’s drawing power has been on a huge decline since his loss to Floyd. When Manny fought DLH, Oscar was still the cash cow of boxing.
        If Manny beats down Matthysse, it won't be perceived how you describe it (which is 100% accurate) because ESPN TOP RANK BOXING will make it just as historic as ODLH vs. Pacquiao! Can you imagine what would happen if Pacquiao won?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          If Manny beats down Matthysse, it won't be perceived how you describe it (which is 100% accurate) because ESPN TOP RANK BOXING will make it just as historic as ODLH vs. Pacquiao! Can you imagine what would happen if Pacquiao won?
          I would personally be rooting for Manny to win.

Comment

Davis is more skilled than Broner in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
              Davis is more skilled than Broner in my opinion.
              True. And Tank beat better fighters than AB.

Comment

Davis is a decent fighter but his size means he will struggle as he moves up. He'll be way closer to Broner than Floyd. Floyd was freakishly athletic and has an insane wingspan which worked perfectly for his fight style and hand speed. Tank caps out at 140 with smart matching imo like Broner did.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
                  Look at his habits, money he's made getting less, many kids, typical boxing star that lives like they'll be able to fight forever. Pure common sense, and Broner's lack of it.
                  yeah hes pretty ****** but none of this proves he is broke

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                    Davis is a decent fighter but his size means he will struggle as he moves up. He'll be way closer to Broner than Floyd. Floyd was freakishly athletic and has an insane wingspan which worked perfectly for his fight style and hand speed. Tank caps out at 140 with smart matching imo like Broner did.
                    I said the same thing yesterday. Davis won't move up in weight well.
                    It's not even just his size, but his style won't allow him to be effective as he moves up.
                    Some of his main attributes won't be a factor at higher weights.

He should be fine at 130 and 135, but I can't see him fighting guys like Taylor, Prograis, Ramirez at 140. Those guys would overwhelm him.
                    He may be able to win a title at 140 because there is just too many titles that anyone can become champion.

Comment

Working...
                    X