Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: We Won't Let You Play With Our Balls To Overpay Wilder!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
    Using Hearn’s own projections, AJ would make between $24M-$30M with a 60% purse split. I’ve never been one to really care about how much fighters make, so someone help me out. What are his career high paydays?
    Supposedly Joshua got close to £20M against Parker, which is $28M.

Originally posted by AlstonB View Post
    I have thought a lot about this and I have come to the conclusion that Anthony Joshua is a Coward and Cunning Weasel who is trying to achieve World Heavyweight dominance by deceit. And each day that Anthony allows Eddie Hearn to continue his absurd pretense of wanting to make a fight between Wilder and Joshua...Joshua is proving me correct! Anthony Joshua can put an end to Eddie Hearn charade at any time...all he has to do is say I'm willing to fight Deontay Wilder for 50/50 or 50/40 proceeds split anytime and anyplace! However, you will never hear those words coming out of Joshua's mouth because he is a massive coward who lacks the courage to do so. Anthony Joshua knows that Eddie Hearn is a bully and treacherous scoundrel that's why he uses Hearn as his shield and keeps hiding behind Hearn's back.
    Why is Joshua the coward because he's not bowing to Wilder's demands but Wilder isn't a coward whilst he's not bowing to Joshua's demands? Fanboy logic.
    Last edited by Deus; 04-20-2018, 03:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deus View Post
      If he made $28M against Parker, a 60/40 split against Wilder sounds about right. Because he’ll make between $24M-$30M according to Hearns projections. And a Wilder fight is bigger than a Parker fight. Not to mention his projections are probably low. Especially if they chose to move the start time to accommodate American PPV.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deus View Post

If that is true then no way would he fight Wilder for the same sort of money. He has three belts now, he could make that sort of money fighting other HW champs over here. Going by logics around here he should be expected to make 5 times that against Wilder.

Comment

If he made $28M against Parker, a 60/40 split against Wilder sounds about right. Because he’ll make between $24M-$30M according to Hearns projections. And a Wilder fight is bigger than a Parker fight. Not to mention his projections are probably low. Especially if they chose to move the start time to accommodate American PPV.
          Missing the obvious thing here. Why should Joshua not earn more for his biggest 'fight'/unification ?

I think most Americans really don't understand this is unlikely to be the biggest fight for Joshua. The revenue from the Klitschko fight will probably be more. There could be some PPV sales in the US but Wilder isn't a huge draw so how much will it sell? He hasn't even done PPV himself and I believe only had circa one mil watch him as it is against Ortiz?

Compare that to what Klitschko brought? Fans across Europe, numerous tvs paying, extra marketing , over 10 million in Germany alone watched the fight - let alone Klitschko's own country.

Until Wilder (or Joshua) builds he fight more in America I don't see how it can be bigger than Joshua vs klitschko money wise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
            Missing the obvious thing here. Why should Joshua not earn more for his biggest 'fight'/unification ?

I think most Americans really don't understand this is unlikely to be the biggest fight for Joshua. The revenue from the Klitschko fight will probably be more. There could be some PPV sales in the US but Wilder isn't a huge draw so how much will it sell? He hasn't even done PPV himself and I believe only had circa one mil watch him as it is against Ortiz?

Compare that to what Klitschko brought? Fans across Europe, numerous tvs paying, extra marketing , over 10 million in Germany alone watched the fight - let alone Klitschko's own country.

Until Wilder (or Joshua) builds he fight more in America I don't see how it can be bigger than Joshua vs klitschko money wise.
            On one hand you say, “why shouldn’t AJ make more for his biggest fight.” Then you turn round and say “Wilder isn’t the biggest fight for AJ.” Which one is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              If that is true then no way would he fight Wilder for the same sort of money. He has three belts now, he could make that sort of money fighting other HW champs over here. Going by logics around here he should be expected to make 5 times that against Wilder.
              Again, AJ and several of his fans have said Parker was a tougher fight than Wilder. So why does he need more money to fight Wilder than he got to fight Parker?

Comment

On one hand you say, “why shouldn’t AJ make more for his biggest fight.” Then you turn round and say “Wilder isn’t the biggest fight for AJ.” Which one is it?
                It's biggest in terms of reward, unifying all 5 belts. In terms of money? I don't think it will be (at least not if fight happens now). In terms of build up etc, in he U.K. At least I don't think it would top the klitschko fight (again, maybe if built up more it could do)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
                  It's biggest in terms of reward, unifying all 5 belts. In terms of money? I don't think it will be (at least not if fight happens now). In terms of build up etc, in he U.K. At least I don't think it would top the klitschko fight (again, maybe if built up more it could do)
                  That’s kinda playing both sides of the fence. You can’t say Wilder is his biggest fight. Then turn around and say Wilder brings nothing to the table when it comes time to negotiate. Not you personally. Just that line of thinking.

Comment

• Seems Team Joshua dont want the fight....

Comment

Again, AJ and several of his fans have said Parker was a tougher fight than Wilder. So why does he need more money to fight Wilder than he got to fight Parker?
                      Am not sure about that, Wilder beats him IMHO. And why wouldn’t he wants more money? He isn’t the one claiming he would do this fight and money isn’t an issue... that was Wilder. He wasn’t the one claiming he was being ducked... that was Wilder. So forget what several of AJ fanboys says in regards to Parker or no Parker. Let’s encourage them to make this fight happen now. I couldn’t careless about the % or flat fee guarantee offer as long as it represents a good offer.

Comment

Working...
                      X