Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: We Won't Let You Play With Our Balls To Overpay Wilder!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
    i remember hearing about him signing Breazele fight. Has that been confirmed?

Wouldn't surprise me - Joshua leftovers. Wilder is all about cannery - which is why his recorded is padded with them.

Wilder knows the Joshua fight is his CASHout. Cash out before he dashes out!!
    Isn't that what Whyte is? so why were AJ slurpers so eager in seeing Wilder vs Whyte? theres nothing that separates Breazeale from Whyte in terms of skill. Both on same level. So why was Whyte put on this pedestal as a guy Wilder HAD to fight to prove something. One AJ leftover is legit and another one isn't? not adding up.. The Whyte nonsense died down when Povetkin also said he wasn't interested in fighting him.

Comment

I thought Wilder was selling out the satdium in Alabama and the Barcleys?? Shyt every fight Wilder is in since he became champion has been sold out....

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
        How is he preventing a fight by not accepting an offer that doesn't have a date, location, or timeframe?

I guess since its NSB **** talk doesn't have to make sense.
        You're right - if he comes back with a legitimate counteroffer, I'll turn on Joshua and Hearn for refusing to continue negotiations.

If he signs with Breazele within a week, then we know for sure.

As of now Wilder hasn't said anything about making a counteroffer, doe..

Wilder has to know HE IS NOT IN CHARGE! He is the CLEAR B-side. Anything over 30-35% for him just can't be expected. Really anything over 25% is more than he deserves.

As of now, the only side I've heard who has made a legitimate, MORE THAN FAIR offer is Hearn and Joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
          Dude, you usually on point but with this one I can't help you.

How can you pay EVERYONE ELSE BUT NOT D.Wilder? Listen to how that sounds....1. pay him, 2. pay him, 3. pay him, 4. pay him, 5. pay him, WAIT! Don't pay him (D.Wilder)! Must be cuz they have a FEAR of losing.
          That's not what he said though is it. We overpaid him, him and him is what he said. He's going to pay Deontay fairly and give him a shot at 4 belts that should be enough. So Eddie and AJ are scared to lose, take 6x your biggest payday and and belts than fight another bum!

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
            Dude, you usually on point but with this one I can't help you.

How can you pay EVERYONE ELSE BUT NOT D.Wilder? Listen to how that sounds....1. pay him, 2. pay him, 3. pay him, 4. pay him, 5. pay him, WAIT! Don't pay him (D.Wilder)! Must be cuz they have a FEAR of losing.
            Did you read the rest of the article? Wilders offer is twice the amount Parker got paid. That's more than fair.

Comment

So Hearn and Joshua has overpaid the undeserving and doesn't want to pay the most deserving of all. Come on Hearn, just make it a 65/35 split and get the fight made.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                An American heavyweight that's pulling over 1 million views on premium cable and putting over 10k people in the arena is evidence of his popularity. He's literally the only HW who can do that outside of Joshua. There are only 4 or 5 fighters in all of the US who can do that actually.

I doubted his star power here too (for years) but the data doesn't lie. He went from averaging like 6k tickets, to about 12k now.

My point is that the evidence is there to support the idea that he's ready to pull in a solid number on PPV. In fact I think they would pull in above 500k in buys from this market if they somehow could put the fight in primetime. (Not sure how late fights air in the UK, but if they could get it close to 7pm ET, it could work.)

Americans love Heavyweights and people have been talking about this fight. I'm a lawyer in NYC with a crowd of friends that couldn't name any fighter outside of Floyd. And even in those circles people are talking about this fight. It's some big money in this fight on the US side.

Now if Hearn wants "marinate" it to run that number up, he should just say that. B/c I think that's what's really going on here.

You realize that when he was set to make his career-high about 5 million, it was because POVETKIN was the A-side and the fight was going to be held in RUSSIA, aye??

Povetkin's team won the purse bid, and Wilder was set to receive more because of the way WBC purse splits works for champs/challengers. Povetkin's team wanted to host the fight in USA, but quickly realized Wilder simply couldn't generate the numbers, so they took it to Russia, where Povetkin could make up the money from the bid with his star-power.

Sure, Wilder does decent, BUT IN COMPARISON to Joshua, he can't draw flies to shyte!!!

Why do you think Wilder ha never been oN PPV?? Because his team, the ones who would put the money up and take the risk, don't think he can generate the revenue worth the risk! So they are fine with the 1.5-2.5 million fee Showtime or PBC pays for the television rights.

Wilder needs to know his role!

Comment

This is not about ducking or what's fair, people. It's about who needs who.
                  And what Hearn is saying is that they don't need Wilder to make money. Simple as that. Wilder on the other hand is barely known and doesn't make a fraction of the money Joshua makes.

Get this "he ducking boohoo", "he coward" simplistic mentality off your heads.

And one last thing: I remember clearly Wilder saying that this wasn't about the money. well, $12.5****ENMILLION dollars doesn't sound like change to me. but what do I know...

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    Did you read the rest of the article? Wilders offer is twice the amount Parker got paid. That's more than fair.
                    I find peoole paying more attention to Hearns reasoning for why Wilder should accept than they are their own. It's as if people want Wilder to do what they themselves would be hesitant to do.

For instance, twice the Parker purse is an additional 6 million dollars. Will this fight do more than say 8 million dollars more than the Joshua Parker fight? Definitely. Shouldn't Wilder get the majority of the profits that exceed the profits from the Parker Joshua fight? Definitely because the increase is solely due to him.

Comment

**** that white slimy a$$ snake promoter and his p*ssy ass girly man fighter.

Joshua is the biggest p*ssy in heavyweight history. Go ahead and keep fleecing those UK fans out of their 5 euros.

Comment

Working...
                      X