Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: We Won't Let You Play With Our Balls To Overpay Wilder!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lion33lit View Post
    You are an absolute HIT KING with this post! This is always my go to argument concerning Wilder - but its simply ignored. KING MAYWEATHER and his humble beginnings started somewhere. NOW look at his pockets. Not saying, Wilder will get anywhere close at the age of 33......but who's to say and to put a limit....

Wilders just as WORTHY as AJ in the skilz dept., he's put in just as much work in the gym, and more importantly its a LEGACY FIGHT for AJ! AJ doesnt seem the least bit interested and DOES SEEM SCARED (if he's not is a different story), while Wilder KNOWS in his heart he can beat this kid (if he can remains to be seen). Lets see...

This popularity thing is unbelievable! Wilder isnt a draw?! He is NOW for ALL TRUE boxing fans, thats why the AJ supporters make it their top priority to discredit him....the more they do it, the more they believe their assertions stick on everyone who disagrees - it won't! Deep down, they even can't wait for it to happen..

Mainstream public being aware?? I'll have to admit no.

This fight is for us though - both sides of the fan base!

MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, how much MORE do the Hearn-Team NEED & WANT? Isnt there such a thing as "enough money(?)" They act like theyre DESTITUTE......what about legacy?
    Mainstream?: I'll have to admit "no," I don't think so.....but who knows(!), everyone I talk to is aware of the potential clash - those into "sports" in general......

Comment

• Originally posted by Redgloveman View Post
      So far I would say:

Hearn has made a **** offer... Granted $12m is massively more than Wilder has made before, but why make a flat-fee offer in a fight like this? Doesn't make sense.

However, Wilder and his team need to send a counter offer. They have had more than long enough. They've been wanting this fight for so long that they should be ready with figures at the drop of a hat. There's not really any excuse for this delay.

Alternatively they could take the offer, beat Joshua and then they're the biggest name in boxing. They could dictate terms in the rematch and not worry about taking a hit here. Think of the fight as a "loss leader"

If I was Wilder and I really wanted to send a message I'd just say "gimme the fight, I'm coming for you"
      Exactly my point if he is so confident he will win.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        So Hearn conservatively calculates the fight to be worth 40 M and gives Wilder 12.5M flat equivalent of a 68-32 split.

How about making a not flat free offer of a 68-32 split? I feel that would be more than generous.

Surely that should make the fight happen.
        That's a fair assessment. I think $40 million is also a "worst case scenario" figure from Hearn. Hearn plays the earning potential down, lowballs Wilder and his amateur management team, then when the fight "surprisingly" performs better at PPV than Hearn anticipated, all that extra profit goes mostly into his pockets.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
          Wilder > Parker

parker got like 30% no? so i dont see wtf is hearn's problem with giving the same offer to wilder
          I guess you didn't read the article itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
            Name a big fight where one of the fighters brought nothing to the table and couldn't even sell tickets?
            try answering the question....

why is it that i cant get a straight answer?

only ones ya use is floyd and aj isnt in floyds league and ya know it so stop will the bullshiiit excuses already

Comment

• Originally posted by lion33lit View Post
              You are an absolute HIT KING with this post! This is always my go to argument concerning Wilder - but its simply ignored. KING MAYWEATHER and his humble beginnings started somewhere. NOW look at his pockets. Not saying, Wilder will get anywhere close at the age of 33......but who's to say and to put a limit....

Wilders just as WORTHY as AJ in the skilz dept., he's put in just as much work in the gym, and more importantly its a LEGACY FIGHT for AJ! AJ doesnt seem the least bit interested and DOES SEEM SCARED (if he's not is a different story), while Wilder KNOWS in his heart he can beat this kid (if he can remains to be seen). Lets see...

This popularity thing is unbelievable! Wilder isnt a draw?! He is NOW for ALL TRUE boxing fans, thats why the AJ supporters make it their top priority to discredit him....the more they do it, the more they believe their assertions stick on everyone who disagrees - it won't! Deep down, they even can't wait for it to happen..

Mainstream public being aware?? I'll have to admit no.

This fight is for us though - both sides of the fan base!

MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, how much MORE do the Hearn-Team NEED & WANT? Isnt there such a thing as "enough money(?)" They act like theyre DESTITUTE......what about legacy?
              The thing that sticks out in the article is the number of fighters that Hearn claims to have overpaid. Charles Martin was about as paper as a paper champion can he. They basically paid him to hand AJ a bogus belt. Parker arguably lost two of his last three fights prior to AJ. I understand Whyte because it’s a local rivalry. But he’s willing to in his mind overpay guys to hand AJ bogus title belts. But he’s not willing to in his mind overpay the the one guy people wanna see AJ fight most. Even with a 60/40 split, AJ is gonna make a ****load of money. Likely more than he’s ever made before. It’s like these guys are talking outta both sides of their asses. Wilder brings nothing to the table. But, according to Hearns projections, AJ is looking at a career high payday for fighting him. Doesn’t make sense to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5000boxing View Post
                Ok.. im tired of hearn and hearns.. hearn says the fight could be worth 100 million, then hearns says this fight is worth 40 million.. and we are done over paying.. not to mention AJ wants 50 million to take the fight.. hearns says joshua ko's wilder in 3 rds. An that hes a Easier fight than parker.. then hearn says wilder is massively dangerous. But the cold truth is.. there will be 90,000 broken hearted fans come fight night.. when joshua is destroyed like spilka. All of the insults and disrespect will come to silence. #wilder undisputed in the u.k. -The great one has spoken.
                Brada, have you started smoking Nigerian weed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  I couldn’t careless about money. Make the fight..
                  Me too! Make the fight!!

Btw, I get your points in your previous post and understand that the easy option for Joshua and Hearn is to take less risky fights. But Joshua is the guy who said he wanted to unify . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Pingree24 View Post
                    Wouldn't he be th 1 guy you would wanna over pay to get the last belt and get the fight the fans want to see the most ? ? You guys have a weird way of thinking if you think like this , make it a 65-35 split . Wilder regardless of competion is the longest reigning champ with 7 defense and if he is so terrible and an easy out pay him get the final belt and move on never to hear from wilder again , or is that a bad idea ?
                    Why is everybody talking about what is fair for wilder, nobody wants to talk about what is fair for AJ considering he just added another belt to his collections.
                    What will be his benefit as he will barely get X2 of his pay.

Comment

• Originally posted by White Willie View Post
                      That's a fair assessment. I think $40 million is also a "worst case scenario" figure from Hearn. Hearn plays the earning potential down, lowballs Wilder and his amateur management team, then when the fight "surprisingly" performs better at PPV than Hearn anticipated, all that extra profit goes mostly into his pockets.
                      This is the entire situation in a nutshell. Even with Hearns $40M projection, AJ still makes $24M, which is in the neighborhood of what he supposedly always makes. Hearn is worried about Hearn. He wants to milk the gravy train. And if he puts his golden goose at risk, he wants it to be for as much money as possible.

Comment

Working...
                      X