Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner Erupts on Mayweather Promotions CEO in Press Conference

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"They don't want me to... They don't want me to..." What is he talking about? Who tells him not to train? Anyone tells him not to win fights? No one is even trying to put him with the killers in his division, so what is he talking about "they don't want me to" ?

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
      Good to see Broner is focused, but with, without focus, I just don't think he's that good... especially above 140.
      I agree.

People always say "depends what Broner turns up", i never understood that. It's fairly evident now that he just hasn't cut it at the real top level and loses when he steps up.

He just isn't an elite fighter and not everyone can be. He's just a good fighter that's good enough to pick up titles against fairly average belt holders.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
        I am lost, if he has such tension with Floyd why is Floyd promoting this fight?? Broner has his own company why doesnt he promote it himself?
        Because you need money to promote a card and AB doesn't have that type of money.

His "promotional company" is just a logo and a name right now. To my knowledge, he's only ever had the logo used when it was a Mayweather card (probably out of love from Floyd).

Sidenote: When is the last time Broner fought on a non-Mayweather promoted card? John Molina maybe?

Comment

That must be the new mature discipline Broner was talking about.

Same old Broner....

Comment

I know it's wrong but I really wanna see AB get his s*** together and win but damn Vargas is all wrong for AB, he comes forward and is aggressive and a legit welterweight. This could be the end of AB. He needs to understand just how important this fight is. Nobody really gave him a chance against Porter or Garcia but this fight, if he loses people gonna be laughing.

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
              I got a weird feeling that this might be one of those rare fights where we get a focused AB. Hope its a good fight.
              Originally posted by Adrien Broner
              I’m not losing to no Jessie Vargas, man.
              He said the same exact thing about Mikey. At a weight he once dominated. And got schooled.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                He said the same exact thing about Mikey. At a weight he once dominated. And got schooled.
                Well yeah, that’s why I said it’s a weird feeling and would be rare cause he says this stuff all the time and it’s always smoke and mirrors. But cmon, Vargas ain’t at Garcia’s level.

Comment

And they wonder why Jermall Charlo didn't want to be on this card! Unecessary drama!

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                    Dominated? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                      I agree.

People always say "depends what Broner turns up", i never understood that. It's fairly evident now that he just hasn't cut it at the real top level and loses when he steps up.

He just isn't an elite fighter and not everyone can be. He's just a good fighter that's good enough to pick up titles against fairly average belt holders.
                      Yeah. And not to discredit the guy, because he's a good fighter that people love to watch, but when has he beat a top level fighter? His best win above lightweight is what? Allakhverdiev?

Dude struggled to get by a flatfooted, completely shot Malignaggi... who Garcia and Porter completely smashed with zero resistance.

At this point I don't think it matters how focused he is...

Comment

Working...
                      X