Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner Erupts on Mayweather Promotions CEO in Press Conference

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broner 'bout to beat dat ass!

Vag-ass gonna get rammed

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
      Yeah. And not to discredit the guy, because he's a good fighter that people love to watch, but when has he beat a top level fighter? His best win above lightweight is what? Allakhverdiev?

Dude struggled to get by a flatfooted, completely shot Malignaggi... who Garcia and Porter completely smashed with zero resistance.

At this point I don't think it matters how focused he is...
      Right and I'll go a step further, he's just a B- to C fighter above 135. At 135 he's probably a solid B level guy.

The best win of his career was against Antonio Demarco @ 135 (his only legit win against a title holder. The other belts were won in controversy or vacant)

@ 140 he has Molina, Taylor, Theophane, and Allakhverdiev

@ 147 he has two split decisions against Pauie and Granados (and he arguably lost both)

He's never been a really good fighter. He's just a guy who runs his mouth and got love from Floyd. There's a reason Mayweather Promotions is attached to all his fights despite their "beefs".

People just liked the bafoonery and wanted to see another Mayweather come up.

Comment

Broner is coming apart. I still can't figure out his beef with Ellerbe he ain't even promoting Broner's fight lol he was there representing Davis in his fight. We know he always got a love hate relationship with floyd so maybe that's what this is about. Not a fan of Ellerbe at all but all he did wrong was happen to sit next to broner while he was having a meltdown.

Comment

Broner was basically trying to get to Floyd. We all know what Conor would do to retaliate - Floyd isn't built like that - Floyd will just laugh it off and accept that his CEO was punk'd.

Comment

Haymon is tired of broner and is trying to cash him out. After previous losses gave him some cupcakes to rebuild his confidence now after the Mikey loss is throwing him to the wolves with a tough fight most feel he will lose. He don't see upside in broner no more and probably secretly rooting for vargas who he just signed to win.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
              I am lost, if he has such tension with Floyd why is Floyd promoting this fight?? Broner has his own company why doesnt he promote it himself?
              Because that cost money, requires paperwork, an actual staff to deal with the commission, AB promotions is a flat out joke and everyone knows it.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                What's his point? I'm curious b/c few guys have been given so much
                This is almost literally his last chance. After getting beat by Maidana, getting beat by Porter, and the the whooping that Mikey put on him, the interest in Broner likely goes up in smoke if he gets worked by Vargas. Broner maybe squeezes out another 1-2 $500k paydays as an name opponent for a young fighter coming up the ladder.

With Broner being as emotional as he is, and the reality of Jessie Vargas being Floyd's second promotional fighter and first prospect (Floyd guided Vargas from his boxing debut until he got to 18-0 before going after the bag with Top Rank. Once the Top Rank deal no longer made sense, Vargas was basically welcomed back to Mayweather Boxing Club while he was sorting out his business), a reaction was expected.

Comment

Broner is more talented obviously but if he doesnt step up his workrate, he will lose again, possibly even by knockout. Jesse Vargas can easily outwork him.

Fuk broner

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                    This is almost literally his last chance. After getting beat by Maidana, getting beat by Porter, and the the whooping that Mikey put on him, the interest in Broner likely goes up in smoke if he gets worked by Vargas. Broner maybe squeezes out another 1-2 $500k paydays as an name opponent for a young fighter coming up the ladder.

With Broner being as emotional as he is, and the reality of Jessie Vargas being Floyd's second promotional fighter and first prospect (Floyd guided Vargas from his boxing debut until he got to 18-0 before going after the bag with Top Rank. Once the Top Rank deal no longer made sense, Vargas was basically welcomed back to Mayweather Boxing Club while he was sorting out his business), a reaction was expected.
                    I didn't know about the closeness of Jesse and Mayweather. I knew he was a TMT gym guy but I had no idea it was that kind of relationship.

But on Broner: When you look at his resume and the money he's made in boxing, that guy can't complain about anything. He's been paid hansomly and has been given "can" after "can". He's just a frustrated fighter who's battle is mental/internal. It's the "I'm not as good as I thought I was" struggle imo.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                      Haymon is tired of broner and is trying to cash him out. After previous losses gave him some cupcakes to rebuild his confidence now after the Mikey loss is throwing him to the wolves with a tough fight most feel he will lose. He don't see upside in broner no more and probably secretly rooting for vargas who he just signed to win.
                      Are you "cashing" Broner out vs Vargas doe? Maybe Thurman, Spence, Khan or someone with more name value perhaps, but Vargas is no cash out fight.

And the thing is with Broner cuz of his talking & persona he can have 12 losses & still be getting more money then anyone else with 12 L's & more attention than anyone with 12 L's. So there is gonna be money in Broner for a long time to come. As long as he boxes he'll do better numbers then many guys with more skill than him. So idk if thats a thing Haymon wants to cash out on.

Granted all guns, crime & suicide sh^t is a lil nuts so if they wanted to opt out of the Broner business I think they'd just opt out at some random moment cash out or nah cuz Broner seems like a ship who can sink on any given night with his personality & issues.
                      Last edited by Eff Pandas; 04-19-2018, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X