Why didn't Ggg just take on Andrade?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not enough money, probably.

Comment

Yeah they didn't want a southpaw, didn't have enough money for other guys. I'm going to watch it though hoping than Vanes does more than show up for a check. Like remember when Cory Spinks nearly upset Jermain Taylor? On the other hand it could be more like Calzaghe vs Manfredo.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue54 View Post
        I'm not tryna bash him I like Gennady but I dont understand why not Andrade?
        Was there financial reasons or did neither guy want the fight on such short notice?
        Did you see Andrade's last fight? It was excruciatingly horrible. A live dog that would make for an ugly TV fight is not going to get the opportunity.

Comment

Because Andrade is high risk, team GGG ain't about that.
          Win-lose-draw he'd make GGG look terrible.

Shame as its a much better fight and would be ideal prep for BJS.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            HBO gave Golovkin the deal, Golovkin had the hold on the venue, Golovkin is the champion, the fight is a K2 promotion. But Andrade is the one that should make financial offers?
            Yes absolutely..

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
              This is bullsht

GGG's team is the one who's supposed to make the offer, instead they wanted to duck and cherry pick
              No it's not bull****. Andrade is like the guy who comes into the car lot kicks the tires chats with the salesmen but never buys. After a while they don't bother talking to him anymore. He has a reputation well earned I might add.

Comment

Abel sanchez asked to avoid southpaws. Dont remember what youtube video has that specific quoate from Tom loeffler. But yeah it was Sanchez request. You can tell Sanchez is the one pulling strings from behind the scenes

Comment

High risk, low reward. HBO also dumped Andrade after the Fox fight real quick.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                    No it's not bull****. Andrade is like the guy who comes into the car lot kicks the tires chats with the salesmen but never buys. After a while they don't bother talking to him anymore. He has a reputation well earned I might add.
                    Andrade publicly called him out, AND his promoter made contact with GGG's promoter. Guess what happened though?

They ducked him and cherry picked guys like vanes, spike and munigia as replacements for may 5th.

Triple Duck Triple Cherry

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
                      Andrade publicly called him out, AND his promoter made contact with GGG's promoter. Guess what happened though?

They ducked him and cherry picked guys like vanes, spike and munigia as replacements for may 5th.

Triple Duck Triple Cherry
                      remember when lara did that and people would say "why doesn't laras people call loeffler"

then it happens and they still make excuses

Comment

Working...
                      X