No announcement yet.

Let me ask you guys a couple questions that I need

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
    I have no problem with how you feel, but the end game was Floyd's choice.
    Everything was Floyd's choice. And I approve or understand why things went down like they did in every case before the Berto fight. But the reality is the Berto fight was a complete garbage fight, that was just a victory lap fight. Just like GGG vs Vanes. Top fighters at the top of their game shouldn't have victory lap fights.

Nobody will hold that against him except his critics.
    I'm more often called a Floyd fanboy then a hater/critic. Saw him win the Michigan GG at 118(?) at the Wyoming, MI National Guard Armory back in the day. A fan every since. Reality is reality doe. And its a small hit to his legacy to me, but a hit to his legacy all the same he didn't keep up his end of the career streak fighting top 3, top 5 guys like he had for several years up til Berto.

Can't fault him for the McGregor thing. That was a freak show that just had too much money involved in it to not do it so I get that one.

And many people won't tune in to GG Vanes. That's expected because of the big let down of Canelo being caught.
    Sure, but they could save some of that audience by putting GGG in with a real guy. Show me GGG vs Derevyanchenko, show me GGG vs Charlo, show me GGG vs BJS, show me GGG vs Jacobs II. There might be a few more fights in there that are two or three levels above this one, but my main point is there were many much better choices for the #1 guy at MW to fight on this big date despite Canelo not being allowed to fight.

This is a wasted fight. Wasted time. Wasted brain cells.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Everything was Floyd's choice. And I approve or understand why things went down like they did in every case before the Berto fight. But the reality is the Berto fight was a complete garbage fight, that was just a victory lap fight. Just like GGG vs Vanes. Top fighters at the top of their game shouldn't have victory lap fights.

I'm more often called a Floyd fanboy then a hater/critic. Saw him win the Michigan GG at 118(?) at the Wyoming, MI National Guard Armory back in the day. A fan every since. Reality is reality doe. And its a small hit to his legacy to me, but a hit to his legacy all the same he didn't keep up his end of the career streak fighting top 3, top 5 guys like he had for several years up til Berto.

Can't fault him for the McGregor thing. That was a freak show that just had too much money involved in it to not do it so I get that one.

Sure, but they could save some of that audience by putting GGG in with a real guy. Show me GGG vs Derevyanchenko, show me GGG vs Charlo, show me GGG vs BJS, show me GGG vs Jacobs II. There might be a few more fights in there that are two or three levels above this one, but my main point is there were many much better choices for the #1 guy at MW to fight on this big date despite Canelo not being allowed to fight.

This is a wasted fight. Wasted time. Wasted brain cells.
      The Berto fight was a garbage fight to you not me.
      And Floyd’s legacy didn’t take a hit fighting Berto lmao.

In boxing every fight can’t be a hard fight. Not every fight. GG will back to taking tough fights after Vanes. Now if he takes on someone that we don’t approve of next fight then I will criticize him. You must come to the conclusion that GG/Vanes is happening.

If you’re going to criticize him go ahead because I won’t.

Comment

The Berto fight was a garbage fight to you not me.
        And Floyd’s legacy didn’t take a hit fighting Berto lmao.
        I say it does. Just like anyone who has a garbage career ending fight. I'm not saying its a huge dent in his career or anything don't go crazytown on me, but it was a bs victory lap fight no one wanted to see. That has an impact, however small, in your public perception. It definitely didn't enhance his legacy. I'm not even sure Berto thought he deserved that fight.

In boxing every fight can’t be a hard fight. Not every fight.
        I'm not talking about hard fights. I'm saying top P4P guys should fight other top guys as a rule virtually. Plenty of Floyd's, Caneo's & GGG's top guy fights weren't hard fights or THAT hard anyway.

GG will back to taking tough fights after Vanes.
        Maybe.

Now if he takes on someone that we don’t approve of next fight then I will criticize him. You must come to the conclusion that GG/Vanes is happening.
        Huh? Of course its happening. Don't even understand what you are suggesting here.

And I see no reason not to criticize top P4P guys when they take 1 easy bs fight. Cuz like I said the onus on them is higher then a typical guy. If GGG was the #4 guy in the world...fair play Vanes sounds like a solid name to add to the resume.

If you’re going to criticize him go ahead because I won’t.
        Like I said I'm not surprised. We got severely different takes on bs fights. You are okay with P4P guys having them. I'm not.

Comment

answers to.

1) Why should GG be stripped for not fighting his mandatory when he wasn’t fighting his mandatory in the first place?

2) Why isn’t GG allowed to take a soft touch, fight his mandatory next and then the Canelo rematch?

Am I missing something?
          1. It's cause 154-168.

2. And Ward doe.

I didn't read the questions by the way, but Lil G ruined my life and I only exist in this world so I can post mean things about him.

Free Nelo, I love juicy Mexican meat.

Comment

Simple questions. Any takers? Lol
            You flipped the script....

I’ll sit this out..

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
              1. It's cause 154-168.

2. And Ward doe.

I didn't read the questions by the way, but Lil G ruined my life and I only exist in this world so I can post mean things about him.

Free Nelo, I love juicy Mexican meat.

I tried to franchise a taqueria in TJ, then my cousin stepped in and saved me... he saved from medieval Mexican bs in the desert.
              Me Pablo not coming out on top.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                I tried to franchise a taqueria in TJ, then my cousin stepped in and saved me... he saved from medieval Mexican bs in the desert.
                Me Pablo not coming out on top.

Open a taqueria in San Diego. We have a lot out here, but I've never seen one go out of business. Mexican food is the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  I say it does. Just like anyone who has a garbage career ending fight. I'm not saying its a huge dent in his career or anything don't go crazytown on me, but it was a bs victory lap fight no one wanted to see. That has an impact, however small, in your public perception. It definitely didn't enhance his legacy. I'm not even sure Berto thought he deserved that fight.

I'm not talking about hard fights. I'm saying top P4P guys should fight other top guys as a rule virtually. Plenty of Floyd's, Caneo's & GGG's top guy fights weren't hard fights or THAT hard anyway.

Maybe.

Huh? Of course its happening. Don't even understand what you are suggesting here.

And I see no reason not to criticize top P4P guys when they take 1 easy bs fight. Cuz like I said the onus on them is higher then a typical guy. If GGG was the #4 guy in the world...fair play Vanes sounds like a solid name to add to the resume.

Like I said I'm not surprised. We got severely different takes on bs fights. You are okay with P4P guys having them. I'm not.
                  Eff this is how intel about our convo.

Go to 2:55

https://youtu.be/HMYSvWoIjo0

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                    Open a taqueria in San Diego. We have a lot out here, but I've never seen one go out of business. Mexican food is the best.
                    Peace brother... thanks .

Comment

answers to.

1) Why should GG be stripped for not fighting his mandatory when he wasn’t fighting his mandatory in the first place?

2) Why isn’t GG allowed to take a soft touch, fight his mandatory next and then the Canelo rematch?

Am I missing something?
                      Why ask why? Since when is hate logical or reasonable?
                      The IBF wouldn't expect a champ to fight a mandatory on a month's notice.
                      Golovkin fought two top P4P guys his last two fights, that's as good as any title holder out there. Compare that with who Charlo, Andrade and Deveryranchenko have fought recently.
                      Fans are frustrated the big fight is off, but there's nothing wrong with astay busy fight for Golovkin.

Comment

Working...
                      X