No announcement yet.

Let me ask you guys a couple questions that I need

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
    he hasnt fought his ibf mando in like 2 years...... its supposed to be every 9 months or so

his mando is ready for the fight on that day and he doesnt care if its a short notice fight for him
    Beating Jacobs wasn't two years ago. And why does the IBF care who he fights when the other organizations haven't come out and said the same thing?

This is why these trinkets mean nothing to me as a fan. Their rules mean jack to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      The sanctioning bodies are all about $. GGG has had many chances to be great and earn BIG for them but he hasnt produced to his full potential. GGG's maxed out at 36, the IBF realized this old race horse will be put down soon. There is no guarantee of a 2nd Canelo fight. Out with the old, in with with new.
      This answers sounds real but it doesn't make any sense-and I'm not saying that you're not making sense as I see your point. As long as he pays his sanctioning fees that's all that counts right? Now if you're saying that this is how the IBF views GG then that's another topic of discussion.
      Last edited by Raggamuffin; 04-19-2018, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BombSquad View Post
        1 - He shouldn't be stripped, he should only be stripped if his next fight isn't his mando.

2 - As a GGG fan I don't want him fighting soft touches, but perhaps Vanes isn't that soft of a touch.
        I just struggle to see why, why would you not want to fight Andrade?
        Andrade is a top level guy who would project your legacy even further if you could get the W over him.
        I knew that some people would have a problem with who ever GG fought in place of Canelo, but I didn't think that it would go as far as a boxing organization saying that they might possibly strip him for not fighting a so-called ranked opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
          I knew that some people would have a problem with who ever GG fought in place of Canelo, but I didn't think that it would go as far as a boxing organization saying that they might possibly strip him for not fighting a so-called ranked opponent.
          These boxing organizations only care about one thing and you know it's money, it's all greed among them and the WBC have displayed that without giving a shxt.
          Is what it is, we will have to deal with corruption in this sport no matter how long we wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            if he is stripped its not because he refuses to fight his mandatory. Its because he's blatantly breaking the IBF rules. Rules he knew of before the Vanes fight was signed & still decided to break the rules.

The question that should be asked is why are the other sanctioning bodies sanctioning this fight
            The other organizations saw what happened and are acting in the best interest of the fighter while the IBF is NOT! Basically the WBC and WBA are giving him a break for losing out on millions. Is Canelo going to pay for GG's training expenses? To me the IBF is just as bad as the WBO.

Why aren't the other organizations stripping GG? They have common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by BombSquad View Post
              These boxing organizations only care about one thing and you know it's money, it's all greed among them and the WBC have displayed that without giving a shxt.
              Is what it is, we will have to deal with corruption in this sport no matter how long we wait.
              Well said and I completely agree!

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
                The other organizations saw what happened and are acting in the best interest of the fighter while the IBF is NOT! Basically the WBC and WBA are giving him a break for losing out on millions. Is Canelo going to pay for GG's training expenses? To me the IBF is just as bad as the WBO.

Why aren't the other organizations stripping GG? They have common sense.
                The WBC isn't stripping GGG for the same reason they aren't stripping Mikey Garcia. I'm sure you can tell me why.

Comment

Originally posted by rolshans View Post
                  The WBC isn't stripping GGG for the same reason they aren't stripping Mikey Garcia. I'm sure you can tell me why.
                  Yep. Tell everyone else why...

Comment

But why did the IBF sanction the Kell Brook fight?

Comment

I think fans would have a problem with whoever GGG decided to fight on May 5. Even though Andrade would've been my first choice I have no problem with team GGG not wanting to fight a tall southpaw on short notice. However had that match-up been made I know for a fact some fans would've complained. "Who the f-ck is Andrade", "he struggled against a limited fighter like Jack Culcay last year"...."Derevyanchenko?, 12 fights but who has he fought? stop hyping up this eurobum..." "GGG is ducking Gilberto Ramirez, he's scared of a real Mexican...etc.

Yes, Vanes is not the most attractive opponent on paper but it is what it is. Vanes has been in the ring with some quality fighters and is not a push-over that is there just for a paycheck. He'll come to fight and make a great effort. Should be an action packed fight and Vanes will most likely have some moments in the early rounds. It will be entertaining for as long as it lasts.

Comment

Working...
                      X