Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let me ask you guys a couple questions that I need

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So wait the IBF are not trying to strip GGG? Am I reading the wrong things on here?

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
      On point 2, if Golovkin is rematching in September there's no time for a fight with SD before the end of 2018.
      Yes he does. He can fight again by December if he isn't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
        canelo ruined the fight he was taking, I see people asking why he didn't take on Andrade, well to be honest hes a southpaw who can fight inside and out and takes time to train for that so I don't have a problem with him taking a soft touch, the issue is when the fans try to make the fight more than what it is and act as if vanes is a pretty good fight yet they bash any other fighters opponent and resume. IF YOU CAN EVEN TRY TO MAKE A CASE THAT VANES IS A DECENT OPPONENT THEN YOU SHOULD NEVER BASH ANY OTHER FIGHTERS OPPONENT. Its not a good fight its a terrible fight that is the result of canelo cheating, that's where Gggee fans should leave it. with ggeegee taking this fight he will get criticism because he was called out by better fighters. I wont go that route but many will, and you would do the same if it was a fighter whos fan base you had friction with.
        Good post...

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
          It's a terrible fight but if the IBF are so adamant that the mandatory is due all of a sudden at 2-3 weeks notice then they should have offered to cough up the extra funds to pay Devreychenko. GGG was left in a spot where he really didn't have many options at all and a scramble to get a show together.
          And that’s why I don’t care who he fights in this situation. I’m surprised that he kept the date and show going.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
            answers to.

1) Why should GG be stripped for not fighting his mandatory when he wasn’t fighting his mandatory in the first place?

2) Why isn’t GG allowed to take a soft touch, fight his mandatory next and then the Canelo rematch?

Am I missing something?
            The sanctioning bodies are all about $. GGG has had many chances to be great and earn BIG for them but he hasnt produced to his full potential. GGG's maxed out at 36, the IBF realized this old race horse will be put down soon. There is no guarantee of a 2nd Canelo fight. Out with the old, in with with new.

Comment

answers to.

1) Why should GG be stripped for not fighting his mandatory when he wasn’t fighting his mandatory in the first place?

2) Why isn’t GG allowed to take a soft touch, fight his mandatory next and then the Canelo rematch?

Am I missing something?
              he hasnt fought his ibf mando in like 2 years...... its supposed to be every 9 months or so

his mando is ready for the fight on that day and he doesnt care if its a short notice fight for him

Comment

Because the IBF are greedy mf'ers just like the rest of them and were fine with a Canelo fight because it brought them some $$$
                Now they're up in arms if he doesn't fight the mandatory on 3 weeks notice? Seems odd to me, but it's boxing, what else would you expect.

Comment

answers to.

Am I missing something?
                  1) If he is stripped He's not being stripped for not fighting his mandatory. He's being stripped for not defending his belt against a ranked opponent. People need to learn to read:

If Golovkin goes ahead with the bout against Martirosyan, the IBF said it would invoke its rule 5.H, which states, "If a champion participates in an unsanctioned contest within his prescribed weight limit, the title will be declared vacant whether the champion wins or loses the bout. The championships committee, with the approval of the (IBF) president, will then establish a new champion in that division in accordance with the procedures established an
                  2) Vanes isn't a soft touch. Spike would be a soft touch. Vanes is coming off a loss, hasnt fought in 2 years and he isn't a MW. That's a abomination not a soft touch

Comment

Originally posted by Holler View Post
                    He shouldn't. He's the victim in this and it seems wrong the victim suffers.

Although I don't know if there was any deferment for the Canelo match which is now considered to have lapsed?

Usually in these cases it means someone very influential would benefit from an alternative outcome.
                    Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                    No you aren't missing anything. I posted the same. The IBF had granted Golovkin a voluntary defense for May. So what's the deal? he wasn't defending against his mandatory either way. It's just BS.
                    Originally posted by youbeight View Post
                    I was going over this yesterday on twitter. since the canelo fall out, ggg should wrote the IBF a letter asking for extension to allow another voluntary. especially since Sergey D raised his hand for may 5th. since the Mando asked and was ready to take it on short notice, the IBF really didnt need to order the fight but let ggg know if he took vanes they wouldn't sanction it. if you fight a non sanctioned fight that they dont approve of bc of the opponent, win or lose champ gets stripped, its in their rule book. it was diff for guys like wlad and ggg when they fought pedvetkin and Jacobs bc those guys didnt go by ibf rules so they weren't eligible for the title. much diff case here. this was the IBF saying, dont fight vanes, fight a Mando instead and they chose not to. they should told the IBF let me fight vanes and order the Sergey D fight right after and ill fight him in the fall especially considering canelo off surgery and peds probably won't fight ggg after being out nearly a year.
                    Originally posted by True That View Post
                    I'm in agreement with you sir. You can tell and see who is hating just to hate. Letting their feelings and biasness towards fighters they don't like dictate their words and viewpoint instead of making sense, being fair, non-biased, objective, honest, etc...

It's a constant here with a lot of posters unfortunately.
                    Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                    It's a terrible fight but if the IBF are so adamant that the mandatory is due all of a sudden at 2-3 weeks notice then they should have offered to cough up the extra funds to pay Devreychenko. GGG was left in a spot where he really didn't have many options at all and a scramble to get a show together.
                    Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                    he hasnt fought his ibf mando in like 2 years...... its supposed to be every 9 months or so

his mando is ready for the fight on that day and he doesnt care if its a short notice fight for him
                    Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                    Because the IBF are greedy mf'ers just like the rest of them and were fine with a Canelo fight because it brought them some $$$
                    Now they're up in arms if he doesn't fight the mandatory on 3 weeks notice? Seems odd to me, but it's boxing, what else would you expect.
                    if he is stripped its not because he refuses to fight his mandatory. Its because he's blatantly breaking the IBF rules. Rules he knew of before the Vanes fight was signed & still decided to break the rules.

If Golovkin goes ahead with the bout against Martirosyan, the IBF said it would invoke its rule 5.H, which states, "If a champion participates in an unsanctioned contest within his prescribed weight limit, the title will be declared vacant whether the champion wins or loses the bout. The championships committee, with the approval of the (IBF) president, will then establish a new champion in that division in accordance with the procedures established an
                    The question that should be asked is why are the other sanctioning bodies sanctioning this fight

Comment

1) Because he has to follow the orders of the IBF to keep the IBF belt, as long as those orders are legal. I'm not a lawyer, so -- meh.

2) Because I want to see fun fights. GGG versus a bum is a ****ty fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X