No announcement yet.

Let me ask you guys a couple questions that I need

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
    I don't imply. I speak from the horses mouth Eff, and you have misunderstood me. It's ok though. Ill clarify in a nutshell.

My main point is GG is trying to clean up this mess and this is what he gets, a possible title being stripped.
    Well I said something & then you didn't say it exactly right back like I said it so I wasn't trying to say you said something you didn't hence using imply.

I'm not even trying to talk GGG only doe. I'm saying in general 1 "real fight" vs a top ten guy a year is fine by you for a top ten P4P caliber guy like GGG?

Personally I hold those P4P cats on a higher plain of existence in boxing, fairy or unfairly, & I think they should follow the examples of most guys before them & strive to fight the best as often as possible not just 1 guy a year. Boxing already takes forever to figure out who's #1. If more guys start doing the 1 real fight a year angle mfers gonna be dying before they find out who the best WW in the world is looooool.

Comment

Lmao. Good post and great analogy.
      On the issue of compensation. Thats a good point as well, I saw later in the thread how it was viewed by the "gang" lol. So should a fighter be given a fight based on being wronged in another set of negotiations, like Canelo did to triple G, or remember when Haye pulled out two times against Fury?

Some fields are tough that way, the most exclusive Real Estate Brokers can make upwards of six figures on a sale, but, all the time and money is for naught if, even at the very last minute something screws the sale up, at which point they do not get a dime.

I think a fighter should have the option of fighting whom they want regardless because most fighters will want to fight the most competative and lucrative offer. No agency should have the right to tell a fighter for any reason to take a fight of less value. Often fighters avoid their mandatory for this very reason and I have always agreed with that decision. As a matter of fact, often taking the mandatory was an excuse for taking on a lesser opponent. So while Vlad always seemed to fight his mandatory many times Lewis would not and fight a young dangerous guy.

With that said whether for compensation or otherwise, a fighter has the right to chart his destiny and not work for these groups. And that includes as a career move taking on a gimme if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Well I said something & then you didn't say it exactly right back like I said it so I wasn't trying to say you said something you didn't hence using imply.

I'm not even trying to talk GGG only doe. I'm saying in general 1 "real fight" vs a top ten guy a year is fine by you for a top ten P4P caliber guy like GGG?

Personally I hold those P4P cats on a higher plain of existence in boxing, fairy or unfairly, & I think they should follow the examples of most guys before them & strive to fight the best as often as possible not just 1 guy a year. Boxing already takes forever to figure out who's #1. If more guys start doing the 1 real fight a year angle mfers gonna be dying before they find out who the best WW in the world is looooool.
        I'm confused as to why you keep asking me about this "1 real fight vs a top ten guy a year" thing. Where is this coming from?

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
          On the issue of compensation. Thats a good point as well, I saw later in the thread how it was viewed by the "gang" lol. So should a fighter be given a fight based on being wronged in another set of negotiations, like Canelo did to triple G, or remember when Haye pulled out two times against Fury?

Some fields are tough that way, the most exclusive Real Estate Brokers can make upwards of six figures on a sale, but, all the time and money is for naught if, even at the very last minute something screws the sale up, at which point they do not get a dime.

I think a fighter should have the option of fighting whom they want regardless because most fighters will want to fight the most competative and lucrative offer. No agency should have the right to tell a fighter for any reason to take a fight of less value. Often fighters avoid their mandatory for this very reason and I have always agreed with that decision. As a matter of fact, often taking the mandatory was an excuse for taking on a lesser opponent. So while Vlad always seemed to fight his mandatory many times Lewis would not and fight a young dangerous guy.

With that said whether for compensation or otherwise, a fighter has the right to chart his destiny and not work for these groups. And that includes as a career move taking on a gimme if necessary.
          Well said. You lose motivation and millions of dollars, and now you should fight a top guy in place of a top guy?

I came to this conclusion. Whatever choice GG makes ill be satisfied whether it's a softy or hard fight. Vanes is a good enough opponent for me because he likes when guys stay in front of him. Maybe he can find motivation and give GG a tough fight.

Comment

I'm confused as to why you keep asking me about this "1 real fight vs a top ten guy a year" thing. Where is this coming from?
            Cuz thats what it sounded like you were basically saying to me. Thats why I keep clarifying it by asking you & you keep going deeper down the GGG rabbithole which is part of it, but not the whole thing I'm asking. I'm talking about P4P guys LIKE GGG (& sure GGG too), but all tip tip top guys.

Comment

Cuz thats what it sounded like you were basically saying to me. Thats why I keep clarifying it by asking you & you keep going deeper down the GGG rabbithole which is part of it, but not the whole thing I'm asking. I'm talking about P4P guys LIKE GGG (& sure GGG too), but all tip tip top guys.
              This isn't about the rest of the boxing world doe. This is a unique situation where GG lost out on millions and may possibly be stripped because of the selection and ranking of his opponent by a boxing organization who fails to act in the best interest of the champion. This man pays sanctioning fees for your title.

Comment

This isn't about the rest of the boxing world doe. This is a unique situation where GG lost out on millions and may possibly be stripped because of the selection and ranking of his opponent by a boxing organization who fails to act in the best interest of the champion. This man pays sanctioning fees for your title.
                It is & it isn't. I think GGG is in unique enough of a class of boxers were only a handful of other guys that I don't have one iota of desire to see him fight a bs opponent. I said the same with Floyd when he fought Berto which was a fight that made ZERO sense to me after him fighting years worth of fights that did make sense.

I'm a GGG fan, but this is a complete bs fight & he should be above this.

The only plan that made real sense to me is to push back the date to late May to early July & fight a real opponent.

To many guys got this sorta mindset these days. I didn't think GGG was one of them.

Comment

It is & it isn't. I think GGG is in unique enough of a class of boxers were only a handful of other guys that I don't have one iota of desire to see him fight a bs opponent. I said the same with Floyd when he fought Berto which was a fight that made ZERO sense to me after him fighting years worth of fights that did make sense.

I'm a GGG fan, but this is a complete bs fight & he should be above this.

The only plan that made real sense to me is to push back the date to late May to early July & fight a real opponent.

To many guys got this sorta mindset these days. I didn't think GGG was one of them.
                  Floyd was entitled to fight Berto. In his mind he conquered his nemesis in Pac and stayed undefeated. As far as GG, Vanes is his opponent. We can talk until we're blue in the face...but his opponent is Vanes. To me it's a stay busy fight and either GG will face his mandatory, Saunders, or Canelo next.

Comment

Floyd was entitled to fight Berto.
                    No active number 1 boxer is entitled to a bs fight in my mind.

I think tip top boxers have a higher level of quality control to maintain. And for me and most other reasonable fans Thurman, Porter or a couple other guys were better suited to be Floyd's last fight, at the time.

We can talk until we're blue in the face...but his opponent is Vanes.
                    Well obviously, and it's still a bs fight not worth anyone's time.

Comment

No active number 1 boxer is entitled to a bs fight in my mind.

I think tip top boxers have a higher level of quality control to maintain. And for me and most other reasonable fans Thurman, Porter or a couple other guys were better suited to be Floyd's last fight, at the time.

Well obviously, and it's still a bs fight not worth anyone's time.
                      I have no problem with how you feel, but the end game was Floyd's choice. Nobody will hold that against him except his critics. And many people won't tune in to GG Vanes. That's expected because of the big let down of Canelo being caught.

Comment

Working...
                      X