No announcement yet.

Americans fans are desperate to back wilder with lies and discredit Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
    The fight will be offered on Showtime PPV. Wilder is American and why shouldn’t he get a cut of the American TV revenue? You really expect him to except a deal with no upside? Parker didn’t so why should Wilder?
    I think the flat fee was to show Wilder's side who was the A side in the negotiation. It put a value on Wilder's contribution in both commercial and boxing terms.

I don't think Hearn expected them to sign it, but I do think he expected them to readjust their expectations of what a percentage deal may look like.

Wilder deserves to benefit if the fight does well and take less if it underperforms. That should be a fair principle for any boxing fan to support whatever their nationality or favourite fighter.

He deserves a smaller percentage though. He brings less to the table from belts to revenue. I think anything over 30 he should accept but I hope Hearn offers 35 to get the deal over the line so we can look forward to the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
      He hasn’t responded because they are negotiating you dumb fawk!
      Eddie Hearn sent an offer last Monday. Team Wilder told him on Wednesday they will come back with a counter offer. It's now 9 days later and nothing.

Hearn has had zero communication from them other than that. He had to reach out and try to set up a meeting next week but Team Wilder haven't even confirmed they will meet. These are facts from Hearn himself yesterday.

That doesn't sound like negotiation to me. That sounds like Hearn is trying to make the fight and Team Wilder dragging their feet.

Comment

Eddie Hearn is a raycisst starbucks employee anyway, he is just shookkk of Wilder and he KNOWS IT!

Wulder KOs AJ inside 2, they will no real soon.

Comment

If i was hearn I'd just keep trolling wilder.

The guy ain't far from a nervous breakdown

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            All AJ has to do to get a fight with Wilder is knock off the flat fee BS and offer Wilder a fair 65/35 split in AJ's favor. He has yet to do this so it sure looks like he has no desire to fight Wilder and only makes lowball offers he knows won't be accepted so he can say he tried to make the fight.
            This seems a little nearer to the situation.

Wilder really wants the fight and big payday. Joshua/Hearns can make plenty $$$ taking easier fights.

I think Wilder would even take 75/25 split AND go to UK for the fight - providing Hearns/Joshua agree that, if Wilder wins, Joshua takes the same sort of deal for rematch!

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
              This seems a little nearer to the situation.

Wilder really wants the fight and big payday. Joshua/Hearns can make plenty $$$ taking easier fights.

I think Wilder would even take 75/25 split AND go to UK for the fight - providing Hearns/Joshua agree that, if Wilder wins, Joshua takes the same sort of deal for rematch!
              "I think Wilder would even take 75/25 split AND go to UK for the fight "

Yet is crying over MONEY !

"providing Hearns/Joshua agree that, if Wilder wins, Joshua takes the same sort of deal for rematch! "

If hes so confident he would think he WILL win anyway which forces a rematch where he would dictate terms .

You can try and spin this anyway you like , no one with logical thought process could justify not taking a fight over fighting guys for under 2 Million when the TOTAL average amount that CAN be made out of the Joshua situation is at least 12 / 14 Million (on table now ) and at least 20 Million in a rematch ( minimum ) ........

Lets do SIMPLE math .

No Joshua fight = Fighting for 1 to 2 Million dollar fights .

Fighting Joshua = About a total 35 Million in TWO fights .

Yea this ones real hard to figure out from team Wilders side , right ?

Clearly Wilders team AND Wilder dont think he can win if he doesn't take ANY offer !
              Last edited by juggernaut666; 04-20-2018, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
                Yeah, that's cos you are Jon Snow. You know nothing.
                Says someone with ZERO rep power.
                You have nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                  "I think Wilder would even take 75/25 split AND go to UK for the fight "

Yet is crying over MONEY !

"providing Hearns/Joshua agree that, if Wilder wins, Joshua takes the same sort of deal for rematch! "

If hes so confident he would think he WILL win anyway which forces a rematch where he would dictate terms .

You can try and spin this anyway you like , no one with logical thought process could justify not taking a fight over fighting guys for under 2 Million when the TOTAL average amount that CAN be made out of the Joshua situation is at least 12 / 14 Million (on table now ) and at least 20 Million in a rematch ( minimum ) ........

Lets do SIMPLE math .

No Joshua fight = Fighting for 1 to 2 Million dollar fights .

Fighting Joshua = About a total 35 Million in TWO fights .

Yea this ones real hard to figure out from team Wilders side , right ?

Clearly Wilders team AND Wilder dont think he can win if he doesn't take ANY offer !
                  Yes, all fair points.

Maybe wilder should just take the 12.5!

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
                    Eddie Hearn sent an offer last Monday. Team Wilder told him on Wednesday they will come back with a counter offer. It's now 9 days later and nothing.

Hearn has had zero communication from them other than that. He had to reach out and try to set up a meeting next week but Team Wilder haven't even confirmed they will meet. These are facts from Hearn himself yesterday.

That doesn't sound like negotiation to me. That sounds like Hearn is trying to make the fight and Team Wilder dragging their feet.
                    Oh snap I didn’t realize that. Yeah sounds kinda fishy

Comment

Originally posted by Holler View Post
                      I get your argument but just how low do you need this to go? Yes there's a big discrepancy between the two fighters in what they bring to the table.

But Wilder is the number 2 guy in the division. He's travelling overseas with the risk that entails. He's maybe going to drum up some excitement in the US market, once the fight is announced at least. If it's a good fight the return in the US would help AJ break that market.

You've given the arguments why AJ deserves more, but give Wilder some respect too. I think 65/35 gets the fight made and we can all stop talking about the split and talk about the fight instead!
                      Well it's unfortunate there can't be fight without the split sorted out.
                      Looking at it from the other way, why not wilder take the offer and prove to us that he is the best in the division.

Comment

Working...
                      X