Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let me say this one more time so ya'll can stop using it as an excuse for GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let me say this one more time so ya'll can stop using it as an excuse for GGG

THERE IS NO CANELO REMATCH IN SEPTEMBER!!!!! THERE MAY NEVER BE ANOTHER CANELO FIGHT AT ALL!!!!!

The NSAC is asking for a 1 year suspension. It can be cut to 9 or 6 months depending on what Canelo does at the hearing

“The hearing is what’s most important,” NSAC executive director Bob Bennett told Bad Left Hook. If Canelo “decides to take ownership,” and “say, ‘I am responsible,’” that could absolutely affect their ruling, he believes. And if ownership is taken by Canelo, “the commission could reduce that up to fifty percent.”

In this instance, “taking ownership” doesn’t necessarily mean admitting that he knowingly ingested clenbuterol. It could be as simple as admitting that he is in a position where he should have the luxury of monitoring where his food comes from.
    https://www.sbnation.com/2018/4/3/17...pension-nevada

Canelo isn't attending the meeting in person, he'll be connected via phone. That's not a good look imo. Show up and throw yourself on the mercy of the commission. This is more arrogance by Canelo

Canelo will not attend the hearing personally, but he will be connected via telephone while his legal representatives will attend the hearing to discuss the doping tests which Canelo took on February 17 and 10.
    https://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-d...ked-on--127150

And I said it before, Canelo is not fighting GGG coming off a one year layoff while GGG has been active. And since he got the knee surgery the chances of him fighting GGG coming off a year lay off and knee surgery is slim to none.

So stop with the excuse that GGG has to fight Vanes for the Canelo rematch in September. That rematch ain't happening in September and may not happen at all.

So you're saying you don't know...that's a big help, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      THERE IS NO CANELO REMATCH IN SEPTEMBER!!!!! THERE MAY NEVER BE ANOTHER CANELO FIGHT AT ALL!!!!!

The NSAC is asking for a 1 year suspension. It can be cut to 9 or 6 months depending on what Canelo does at the hearing

https://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-d...ked-on--127150

And I said it before, Canelo is not fighting GGG coming off a one year layoff while GGG has been active. And since he got the knee surgery the chances of him fighting GGG coming off a year lay off and knee surgery is slim to none.

So stop with the excuse that GGG has to fight Vanes for the Canelo rematch in September. That rematch ain't happening in September and may not happen at all.

A couple points, they said depending upon Canelo's behavior the suspension may be reduced to as few as 6 months. According to reports the suspension will also be backdated to the original date of the violation. So if they decide to only give him 6 months then Canelo will be available for September. As for the knee surgery. It really depends upon what the surgery is for. Its its something as simple as a torn meniscus or cleaning up some loose debris from an earlier injury it shouldn't really affect a September fight. Now if he's repair a severely torn ACL or something that's something else entirely. Is it a serious injury? Lets see what your own article says:

"I want to share with you that today that I had to undergo a arthroscopic surgery to repair the internal femoral cartilage and to eliminate a fold in my right knee. I dismiss the erroneous information published by Golden Boy president Eric Gomez. Thanks for worrying, and in three to four weeks I'll be like new," Canelo stated.
      So in 3 to 4 weeks he'll be as good as new. That means he'll be free to start training sometime in May. Not going to affect a September fight at all.
      Last edited by yankees7448; 04-15-2018, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Tommy L needs to move on. GGG has two, going on 3 mandos and a unification he can do. Nelo fight is thankfully done.

Comment

How is Canelo looking at a year suspension, and can't even be bothered to show up?

Comment

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
            A couple points, they said depending upon Canelo's behavior the suspension may be reduced to as few as 6 months. According to reports the suspension will also be backdated to the original date of the violation. So if they decide to only give him 6 months then Canelo will be available for September. As for the knee surgery. It really depends upon what the surgery is for. Its its something as simple as a torn meniscus or cleaning up some loose debris from an earlier injury it shouldn't really affect a September fight. Now if he's repair a severely torn ACL or something that's something else entirely. Is it a serious injury? Lets see what your own article says:

So in 3 to 4 weeks he'll be as good as new. That means he'll be free to start training sometime in May. Not going to affect a September fight at all.
            Let me put it to you this way. Do you really think Canelo is fighting GGG coming off a year layoff and coming off knee surgery?

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
              So you're saying you don't know...that's a big help, thanks.
              Naw, I'm using common sense. The same commons sense I used to deduce Keith Thurman wasn't fighting in May. Try using commons sense sometimes. Canelo is not fighting GGG coming off a one year layoff and knee surgery while GGG has been active.

Comment

I assumed he would be out until Next May. GGG fights this throw away fight, then unification with Saunders in fall. Then he would break the record for defenses if I'm not mistaken and be undisputed champ. After that if Canelo doesn't want a fight in May I'm guessing GGG moves up to fight the Groves-smith winner in the UK for big bucks. Then perhaps retires. Seems logical enough to me. He'd be about 37-38 at that point and shopworn

Let me add, if Zurdo can ever make a name for himself in the next year. He'd be a possibility for GGG next May if Canelo doesn't want the fight

Comment

Thats just nsac. Cant he fight somewhere else?

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                    How is Canelo looking at a year suspension, and can't even be bothered to show up?
                    Personally I think he's crazy to not show up unless he's OK with a year ban They aren't going to like it.

Comment

Working...
                    X