Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nelson: If Wilder Turns Down Joshua Offer - It Doesn't Look Good

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I were Joshua I would just simply say, and be open about it - I’m offering you no more. Already offered you 5x your best pay day so of that’s not good enough for you so be it. I’ll fight others; Povetkin and Miller I can fight both this year. Next year might have doors open for Haye, Fury, Whyte2, Ortiz so to be honest probably don’t need to fight you till 2020 anyway. So your call - give times your pay day or not?

You can’t really argue if he said that, he has plenty other options available to him. If wilder is refusing to fight whyte and doesn’t take Joshua then he is really limited?

I mean if he takes on breazeale , he already knows Joshua beat him every single round before a KO without any trouble - and that was in about his 16th fight while he was ill in the build up - hardly going to increase his stock..

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
      What was the Joshua - Parker fight worth in total? That would be a good place to start calculating what the Wilder fight might be worth.
      If you say the fight is worth $100 million then break it down - how did you get to that figure. Sounds like they can't which is why Joshua called them on it.
      So if its not worth $100M is it worth £50M? If so, 12.5M is a guaranteed 25%.
      Parker got 33%. So anything from 34%-40% would be fair. Wilder is worth more than Parker.

Comment

why listen to what he says he works for Hearns

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
          The fight is worth $100,000,000. If one guy can only get 12.5 %, where is the super fight? Super fights are close on paper, too close to be reliably called. Any fight between two giant, undefeated champions is a rare event in boxing, even with multiple champions. Unification bouts are important events for the sport. It would be unusual both in terms of that company and from a boxing tradition standpoint for the offer not to be low ball, IMO.
          i dont understand, where have u been, a lot have happened, maybe i shld give u a briefing. people said the fight was worth 100m, josh made an offer of 12.5m,they said nananaaaa, we want 60...40,then josh said since the fight is worth 100m,just give me 50%, a flat rate offer of 50m, then they said neeeeeiii, the fight is not worth 100m... i hope u re flowing now.

Comment

Originally posted by The Westerner View Post
            i dont understand, where have u been, a lot have happened, maybe i shld give u a briefing. people said the fight was worth 100m, josh made an offer of 12.5m,they said nananaaaa, we want 60...40,then josh said since the fight is worth 100m,just give me 50%, a flat rate offer of 50m, then they said neeeeeiii, the fight is not worth 100m... i hope u re flowing now.
            I dont know how networks work overseas but here they take 50% right of the top.

Parker got 33%. And walked away with more than $12.5 million.

Wilder is worth more than 33%. $12.5 is roughly 20-25% what the fight should do.

The fighters should easily be able to split 50 million.

30 million for AJ for a 60% split
            20 million Wilder for 40%

Comment

What's odd about this is that Wilders team seem to be talking in the media but not bringing any offers to the table!

At the end of the day Joshua has 3 belts, not including the IBO, Wilder has 1.
              So on that basis the split should be 75-25.
              Wilder bring barely any commercial revenue either so it is Joshua who is giving up more money in any split.

Wilder's also made bad choices, why were they not hunting down the parker fight in the last year and a half to get another belt to give him more leverage when negotiating with Joshua?

Comment

Great to see all the accountants back on the forum, wake me up when we start talking about boxing again zzzzz

Comment

Really Johnny Nelson said this. The guy works for sky TV who are the ppv for Joshua fights. Not surprising he's saying Joshua should get the majority of money and wilder should accept what he's offered

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    Parker got 33%. So anything from 34%-40% would be fair. Wilder is worth more than Parker.
                    people like you are the reasons this fight will not be made until 2020 with this kind of excuses.

Comment

I know this offer was designed to make Wilder refuse, as it is an insult for Wilder to take a flat fee after parker got 35%, however turning down $12.5 Million IS NOT A GOOD LOOK! Make the counter-offer, but worst case scenario, Take the money! Just make sure you only offer Joshua $12.5 in the rematch! If Wilder doesn't fight Joshua now, things could go bad quickly! This fight won't be the same if Wilder and/or Joshua are defeated before they meet!

Comment

Working...
                      X