Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nelson: If Wilder Turns Down Joshua Offer - It Doesn't Look Good

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    For the money Wilder wants to demand, he would need to fight Whyte in the UK and AJ fight Miller over in the states, that way both fighters would be able to sell their fight (In winning) on PPV on both sides of the Atlantic and hope they make the money required.
    Wilder is not demanding any amount of money. He's requesting a percentage split. Do you understand the difference?

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
      Wilder is not demanding any amount of money. He's requesting a percentage split. Do you understand the difference?
      Actually he is demanding neither. He said he just want the fight, no ducking, no dodging no excuses. He doesn’t care about the finances. Do you understand that too? Should we hold him to that too? It takes two to make a fight. And Wilder doesn’t and wouldn’t get exactly what he wants in every case scenario. If he claimed money isn’t the issue then why would he want a %, and a % of what exactly? A percentage of 100million? 50m?

Comment

• Originally posted by Reverb View Post
        Parker had the WBO belt.
        Which was vacant he won by MD'ing Andy Ruiz. Sorry I didn't count a gift belt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
          Which was vacant he won by MD'ing Andy Ruiz. Sorry I didn't count a gift belt.
          WBC was vacated by Klitchko so Wilder is a fake champion Wilder will be nobody until he beat Klitchko the real champion

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
            Parker didnt have a belt ?

If Wilder is TRYING to unify the belts why isnt he a UNIFIED champion yet ?

You know who doesn't have to try to unify ANY belts ? Thats right Joshua , because he IS a UNIFIED 4 belt champion and UNIFIED in his 19th fight .

You know what Wilder IS trying to do ? Become UNDISPUTED champion now that Joshua has done all the work .

How confident is he ? Not very and that will be revealed IF this fight falls through !
            My bad I forgot they stripped Fury and then 2 months later let Ruiz and PArker fight for it.

I thought the WBO is suppose to wait 1 year to stripp fighters???

WBO is the worst belt of ALL!! No drug testing at all is required and usually just have to be with Top Skank and the belt yours....

The WBO twice moved Darrin Morris up in its super-middleweight rankings in 2001, despite the fact that he was dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
              WBC was vacated by Klitchko so Wilder is a fake champion Wilder will be nobody until he beat Klitchko the real champion
              I'm not gonna argue there. I never like seeing Boxers lose titles outside the ring. But Ortiz would beat PArker and Hughie IMO. Ortiz is the 2, 3rd best fighter at HW. If Wilder and him fought again I still think it's a 50/50 fight.

Jacobs has a BAD habit I hope he breaks that we ALL saw against PArker. That jumping 10' back every time someone punches at him is a TERRIBLE habit. If timed right they can walk through it and take him out... He will be on his off foot going backwards. You know what that means.

Comment

I'm not gonna argue there. I never like seeing Boxers lose titles outside the ring. But Ortiz would beat PArker and Hughie IMO. Ortiz is the 2, 3rd best fighter at HW. If Wilder and him fought again I still think it's a 50/50 fight.

Jacobs has a BAD habit I hope he breaks that we ALL saw against PArker. That jumping 10' back every time someone punches at him is a TERRIBLE habit. If timed right they can walk through it and take him out... He will be on his off foot going backwards. You know what that means.
                Jacobs? Wait what are we talking about here?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
                  Jacobs? Wait what are we talking about here?
                  I'm talking about Jacob's. All these HW's are flawed.

Ortiz is old as ***.

Wilder is a human windmill

Fury's got some serious mental issues and is at least 1-2 years away from being in real shape. If he can even come back???

Jacob's is way too muscle bound and tires out. Plus he has that new hiccup in his game. Where he goes flying backwards. Boxing is about inches. And that a lot of size to be wasting in unnecessary extra movements.

Comment

I'm talking about Jacob's. All these HW's are flawed.

Ortiz is old as ***.

Wilder is a human windmill

Fury's got some serious mental issues and is at least 1-2 years away from being in real shape. If he can even come back???

Jacob's is way too muscle bound and tires out. Plus he has that new hiccup in his game. Where he goes flying backwards. Boxing is about inches. And that a lot of size to be wasting in unnecessary extra movements.
                    Who the **** is Jacob?

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      How can you say it’s not a good offer?

Do you know how many PPVs this fight would have to do in order to make this less than the 33% Parker got? 1.5m PPV.

Wilder is not a particularly bigger name than Parker in the UK. At least Parker had a big fight here before.

Fact is that AJ is the only commodity in this fight. Wilder as a commodity is only slightly more valuable than Parker and probably less than a Klitschko.

Yet he wants way more money I.e double the Parker purse. But doesn’t bring money to the table.

As Hearn says, he lives and dies by the value of a fight. Wilders team are just pulling numbers out of their asses.
                      How are you going to quote me and then misread the quote. I said it wasn't a "serious" offer.

I honestly don't care cause I think both sides are posturing and if the fight happens then cool but i'm not holding my breath on it happening next. On the "not a serious offer" thing I said, can anyone name me in PPV era we are in, when a fight is the biggest in it's division or even boxing at the time, where a fighter was actually offered and took a flat fee for a fight this big? It just doesn't happen and a fighter would be a fool to take it.

Comment

Working...
                      X