Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Loeffler care how much Sergey gets paid?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
    Explain what the difference is if he fights vanes, munguia, or spike. How would he get paid less?
    It’s all about leverage. GGG needs an opponent on short notice. He can offer Vanes a shot at glory while paying nothing. Sergey is a mandatory so he can ignore low balls and push for purse bid and get 25% or whatever it is.

Comment

No. The question is why does Loeffler care how much sergey gets paid?
      Simply put: the more $$ Sergiy asks for, the less there is for GGG

For example: If there's a 1.25m budget and Vanes/Spike only asks for 250k, atleast GGG walks aways with 1m.......but.......if Sergiy asks for 750k - GGG will go back to making an amount that was circa 2013.

Asking a 3 title holder, undefeated champ that has sold out MSG twice, and hasn't made any less than 1.5m in 4 years is disrespectful.

Comment

Originally posted by Street15 View Post
        Simply put: the more $$ Sergiy asks for, the less there is for GGG

For example: If there's a 1.25m budget and Vanes/Spike only asks for 250k, atleast GGG walks aways with 1m.......but.......if Sergiy asks for 750k - GGG will go back to making an amount that was circa 2013.

Asking a 3 title holder, undefeated champ that has sold out MSG twice, and hasn't made any less than 1.5m in 4 years is disrespectful.
        But they offered $750k to munguia?

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
          It’s all about leverage. GGG needs an opponent on short notice. He can offer Vanes a shot at glory while paying nothing. Sergey is a mandatory so he can ignore low balls and push for purse bid and get 25% or whatever it is.
          I get it. But we are all assuming that sergey would want load of dollars. I haven't seen any evidence to suggest this. Let's see him turn down $750k first.

Comment

No. The question is why does Loeffler care how much sergey gets paid?
            Because Tom is probably the lead promoter.

Comment

Has loeffler reached out to dibella to see what sergey would accept? Or is he just assuming sergey won't accept $750k? Sergey said he won't accept no step aside deal from ggg's team. Dosen't sound like a guy who would want an enormous amount of money.
              Purse split for IBF mandatories are 65-35

Comment

I get it. But we are all assuming that sergey would want load of dollars. I haven't seen any evidence to suggest this. Let's see him turn down $750k first.
                I’m more assuming K2 isn’t offering jack. Say they’re offering 500k, good money, but would you tell Sergey to take the fight if you believed he could win with proper training while also getting more money?

Comment

LOL. They did not, i repeat, did not offer Munguia 3/4 of a million dollars. Where would that 750 even come from? Jermall Charlo never even made more than 500k. Don't get it twisted - 750k is alot of scratch to most boxers. Only a handful of them are guaranteed and see upwards of that consistently.

Comment

If that's true, it was offered when they were still thinking of having it on PPV. Once it moved to HBO, the budget reduced dramatically.

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
                      If that's true, it was offered when they were still thinking of having it on PPV. Once it moved to HBO, the budget reduced dramatically.
                      Yeah. I assumed he meant just regular HBO.

Comment

Working...
                      X