Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mike Tyson: Joshua Not Impressive in Last Fight, Wilder Improving

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Travycat View Post
    Every person differs on who they think was the best, but my vote goes to Tyson in his prime. I don't think there's anyone that could've beaten a 21 year old Mike Tyson. His movement, 4 and 6 punch combinations with every punch having ko power. Had a great chin then. He was awesome to watch. 5'10 and he'd cut off the ring to guys a half foot taller. To me, he probably would've destroyed Wilder or Joshua in a few rounds back in 86-88.
    This same version of Tyson had a hard time with Tucker, arguably lost. What would against both Klitschkos and Wilder who would have the same approach but are bigger, stronger, more powerful and, with the exception of Vitali, faster?

Comment

Yeah it was just my opinion. I don't think Larry in his prime could've kept a prime Mike away with that jab. He would've taken a doubled up one just to hop in there and throw those combos. We'll never know, but that's what makes the thoughts of the matchups fun for banter.
      Originally posted by mvooom View Post
      I wouldn't rate prime Tyson in the top 10 best heavyweight. Have you seen the intelligence, agility and skills of the previous heavyweights?

Look at super prime Tyson vs old man Larry Holmes, that says alot about what a prime Holmes would have done to Tyson for 12 straight rounds.

But you are right, Tyson would destroy AJ and Wilder. I even give Wilder a better chance than AJ due to his wild man fighting style and stamina but doubt that will be enough.

Comment

Again, was just my opinion just like your opinion below. We'll never know.
        Originally posted by Just looking View Post
        This same version of Tyson had a hard time with Tucker, arguably lost. What would against both Klitschkos and Wilder who would have the same approach but are bigger, stronger, more powerful and, with the exception of Vitali, faster?

Comment

Elemental Mike Tyson, may be correct in his assessment of Joshua but what we all overlook is that Parker was a champion going into that bout. The way boxing fans speak about Joshua they indirectly 'othered' Parker. We've got to show some respect

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
            Wladimir is a much bigger puncher than
            Ortiz is. So no, you're wrong.

In fact, Ortiz is the most overrated puncher I have ever seen. There was no weight or snap in his shots when he fought Wilder. Yet, he had him doing the funky dance for about 2 rounds. If Joshua were to land on Wilder, it's game over there and then.
            AJuice couldn’t take out Takum or Parker, 2 feather fisted midgets, go check in a rehab

Comment

Originally posted by Pennsauken1 View Post
              AJuice couldn’t take out Takum or Parker, 2 feather fisted midgets, go check in a rehab
              Are you saying Ortiz hits as hard as Joshua? Because he doesn't come close.

Both Parker and Takam came to survive. They were backing away the whole fight when in there with Joshua. It's hard to hit or KO fighters who are being negative.

Plus, they both had solid chins so it was going to take more than a few shots to get them out of there.

Anyway, doesn't matter because AJ clearly beat the pair of them. Wilder is next.

Wilder does have a glass chin so one good shot should do it.

Comment

Originally posted by sid-knee View Post
                are you saying ortiz hits as hard as joshua? Because he doesn't come close.

Both parker and takam came to survive. They were backing away the whole fight when in there with joshua. It's hard to hit or ko fighters who are being negative.

Plus, they both had solid chins so it was going to take more than a few shots to get them out of there.

Anyway, doesn't matter because aj clearly beat the pair of them. Wilder is next.

Wilder does have a glass chin so one good shot should do it.
                excuses!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pennsauken1 View Post
                  excuses!!!!!!
                  No, it's called the truth. Something Americans know nothing about.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
                    No, it's called the truth. Something Americans know nothing about.
                    Excuses they are. AJ couldn't KO Takam even when ref holded Tak's head for him. Let alone Parker.
                    Klits KOed their opponents easily one by one even higher level than Parker or Takam.

Comment

A win over Parker is Impressive. Just to have his name on resume

Comment

Working...
                      X