Juan Manuel Marquez's official record should be: 61W-2L-1D

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bad ... the second fight vs Pacquiao was another Lost for him

61-4-0

The fight of his debut it was because he K.Oed that guy in the limit of the time of the round

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Close fight against John, tired of the “He was robbed” in that fight.
      I'm sure people that say he was robbed have never watched it. They just repeat something they read before.

It really was a close fight that could've gone either way.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
        I'm sure people that say he was robbed have never watched it. They just repeat something they read before.

I swear this “Myth” is tiresome and annoying. Like you pointed out most didn’t watch or see the fight. For years that fight wasn’t available and the only report for that fight was a few Mexican boxing journalists who obviously were in favour of JMM, as a big fan of JMM (Due to Ricardo “Finito”) I looked for the fight and watch it, I was shocked that it wasn’t even close to the robbery myth that I read everywhere. People just run with it lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post

First of all.

Márquez Lost two Points because a bull**** low blows.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
            First of all.

Márquez Lost two Points because a bull**** low blows.
            Maybe so, but it was a competitive fight anyway.

People talk like he was a clear winner, he wasn't.

Comment

I haven't seen the DQ fight. I can't even recall the Norwood or John fights to be honest.

Pac fights I had 1-1-1 for the first 3 fights, and I do remember thinking the Bradley fight could have been a draw

Comment

I swear this “Myth” is tiresome and annoying. Like you pointed out most didn’t watch or see the fight. For years that fight wasn’t available and the only report for that fight was a few Mexican boxing journalists who obviously were in favour of JMM, as a big fan of JMM (Due to Ricardo “Finito”) I looked for the fight and watch it, I was shocked that it wasn’t even close to the robbery myth that I read everywhere. People just run with it lol.
                The fight was available in no time. I had it less than a week after it happened. I think 4-5 days I spoke to a guy in Indonesia beforehand and sent him $$ on Western Union. Dudes name was Jeffrey Pamungkas he wrote on f1ghtnew$

Comment

Close fight against John, tired of the “He was robbed” in that fight.
                  Okay, not necessarily "robbed," but here's where I'm coming from. If you watched JMMs fights and check his resume you'll notice that there is not one close fight in his career that he was given the good end of the stick in (Norwood, Pacquiao I, John, Pacquiao II, Pacquiao III, and Bradley). In 6 close fights his record is 0W-5L-1D. I feel like there's an argument that he won any of those 6.

Marquez in the rest of his fights either knocked out his opponent or utterly dominated them. The closest fight he was in that he won that went to a decision was the Barrera fight and I personally don't think it was very close.

Comment

Lol. Only Pacquaio fight that he was robbed was #3. Bradley was toss up like the 2nd Pacquaio fight

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
                      correction. 64W-0L-0D.

He was robbed and clearly win all his fights. He's undefeated.
                      Yeah, to be fair I had him outboxing Floyd, Floyd was too small and couldn't deal with Juan Manuel's reach.

Comment

Working...
                      X